Veteran's Day Military Dealer Buttons - Design Idea (2 Viewers)

Hi all I need help from someone who is able to assist. Kristil from BRPRO said the faces are fine. She needs to resize the Rolling Edges. She was asking if the rolling edges can be put into an editable file. I'm thinking she is asking for maybe something like an AI or some vector graphics file they can edit. This is so she doesn't have to recreate the edges and something I cannot do. Thanks.

What are the dimensions for the rolling edges?

The USCG rolling edge was set for a previous DB round- I'll remove the extra material added to make review easier and resend.

What file types does she want? I can edit in Inskscape's .svg or whatever Vectornator outputs.

If those files work, I'm happy to do them if you send me what you have.

The USCG rolling edge was set for a previous DB round- I'll remove the extra material added to make review easier and resend.

What file types does she want? I can edit in Inskscape's .svg or whatever Vectornator outputs.

Thanks @warma copying @BR Pro Poker so Kristil can respond.

The edges are 7.43 inches by .2235 inches - if you are able to output to .pdf that should be great. If not, let's try the .svg! You can email to chip@brpropoker.com :) Thanks!!

Hi all I need help from someone who is able to assist. Kristil from BRPRO said the faces are fine. She needs to resize the Rolling Edges. She was asking if the rolling edges can be put into an editable file. I'm thinking she is asking for maybe something like an AI or some vector graphics file they can edit. This is so she doesn't have to recreate the edges and something I cannot do. Thanks.

@p5woody

I'm here if you need me, but it looks like you have it covered.

Any objection if I make some slight enhancements? I’ll aim to stick with service official fonts, colors, and (if they work) logos.

For example, USAF is blue and grey. I know the original edge was gold because of the seal. Does that matter? Happy to go either way, or both for a vote.

Any objection if I make some slight enhancements? I’ll aim to stick with service official fonts, colors, and (if they work) logos.

For example, USAF is blue and grey. I know the original edge was gold because of the seal. Does that matter? Happy to go either way, or both for a vote.
I think if you could go with the official colors that would be awesome and might look better. Yes I went with certain edge colors to match the faces.

One more question: UASF emblem or Department of the Air Force seal?
1632775067322.png

(I’m looking at it from a service view and alignment across the buttons, but am agnostic.)

(I’m looking at it from a service view and alignment across the buttons, but am agnostic.)
@detroitdad ? @Vince Bustillo ? I would defer to someone like one of these two who served in the Air Force and Vince who is still in. These are more for the Military members than anyone else and I would like the buttons to be what they would want.

I posted the wrong thing in here which was meant for another thread.

Last edited:
View attachment 785024
I think what you posted @warma would be good. I just couldn't find a good enough picture of the emblem so I used the seal.

Last edited:
Navy folks:

Current branding provides the following mottos. Yeah… Navy can’t get their act together and pick one. :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 20.05.23.png

And yeah, I’m a nit. In my 2nd life I oversaw a strategic communications team supporting the Navy. They’re really picky on branding, so I adjusted. Trying to make these sharp for both you and the active duty folks you’ll give these out to.

armed_forces_DB_edges.png
@Nuhockey these work? The edge logos might be too small for all but the bottom two- easy to drop.

I found a better Air Force emblem, but I’m not sure if it’s real, so I emailed the Air Force to see if I can get a copy.

@warma These are so freaking awesome!!! Those new edges will make the buttons so much better. Thanks for your work on this project. We'll wait for the Air Force Emblem. Then we can send Kristil the files for proofs to see how they will look.

We could have one file for the faces and one file for the edges which I think would work for @BR Pro Poker .

I had some 43mm chips made 10 years ago when I joined that had the USAF logo on them and they got printed no problem but I did some digging around and found this.

288F9684-F685-422E-9BF9-8993FFE397D6.jpeg
D9327B89-6A2C-46AD-A45B-283F91682FAD.jpeg

Thanks @K ALL IN 9

Hi @warma The Emblem you posted for the air force does not have "Department" on it. Could we use that instead? Also would it be hard for you to change the Text on the Space Force Button to UNITED STATES AIR FORCE instead of DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE . Thanks.

@detroitdad ? @Vince Bustillo ? I would defer to someone like one of these two who served in the Air Force and Vince who is still in. These are more for the Military members than anyone else and I would like the buttons to be what they would want.

My personal preference is the emblem. Honestly, I'm fine either way. As is, it looks wonderful.

Space Force is doesn’t have an emblem yet, so it’s the shield or something home brew… I’m agnostic here.

armed_forces_DBs.png

Further edits in convo with @Nuhockey. I couldn’t find a good (real) light USMC emblem, but found the bronzed one.

Any final thoughts?

Hi Guys these are the final designs below done by @warma. Thanks!!! They look GREAT. The new edges and some new faces are below. These are going to be sent to Kristil tomorrow barring any comments by any Military members on here that think we should change something. Once we have the proofs we'll know if art on the edges will come out too small and make adjustments.

Kristil said the Rolling edges I had was not the correct size and wondering if I could fix it. @warma stepped up when I asked and resized the edges and he redesigned everything adding the awesome artwork.

WARMA-FINAL-armed_forces_DBs.png

Hi everyone. I sent @warma 's file to BR PRO POKER for proofs the other day. Just waiting to hear back on the proofs. Once we have the proofs Colin (warma) and I can review them and if everything checks out OK I will post a GB order thread. I will open the thread to those in CONUS and those with US shipping addresses. If you are US Military overseas you will be also able to participate. Sorry for other international members, but I have a lot going on with another GB going on and another project right after this.

Hi All,

This is the proof just sent to me by BR PRO. Everything looks Good, so barring anything anyone notices I will open a order thread with details this weekend and leave it for a week or so. @warma could you just preview this and see if you see any issues. Thanks.
MilitaryDBs_Proof.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom