Wanted Versa Deluxe 500 chip case (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Anybody got one they don't want? I've been eyeing this forever; finally when I go to buy one, they're out of stock everywhere.
500-deluxe_tn_50x50.jpg

That sure is a small case. :p

What size case are you looking for? I may have an extra case but not in aluminum

Sure is.
I guess I'm just looking for that specific versa case right now, in the 500 size. If I can't find one of those, I'll probably just end up grabbing one of those cheapo faux alligator cases that don't waste space for cards or dice. You can get those with free shipping from amazon so cheaply, it doesn't seem worth it trying to buy one privately otherwise (because shipping will double the price)

I bought one of these on Amazon a few weeks ago - Awesome case for a smaller set. Definitely worth the extra $$ over a standard case. Not sure about all chips, but with mint paulsons you can fit 53 chips per row, for a total of 530 chips. You can also easily removed the center pieces and add 2 more rows of 53 for a total of ~636 minty paulsons.

Thanks, no. Just looking at it, the latches aren't impressive (which was one of the big plusses) of the deluxe model. And reviews I've read aren't great. And the black plastic makes it look like you're carrying your instrument to 6th grade band.

better than faux alligator ;)

better than faux alligator ;)

Yeah, but how much better? If it's still a cheapish case with a handle and latches that I don't trust, than no, it actually isn't any better to me.
@Phobos223 did you buy the black plastic case or the deluxe case? If it's the black plastic one, how do you feel about the handle and the latches and the hinges? Is this a case you'll carry by the handle, unafraid to swing your arm? Or is this a case you carry under your arm, or with two hands, like every other (cheap) case I own?

Yeah, but how much better? If it's still a cheapish case with a handle and latches that I don't trust, than no, it actually isn't any better to me.
@Phobos223 did you buy the black plastic case or the deluxe case? If it's the black plastic one, how do you feel about the handle and the latches and the hinges? Is this a case you'll carry by the handle, unafraid to swing your arm? Or is this a case you carry under your arm, or with two hands, like every other (cheap) case I own?

I got the deluxe model that you are after, must have been one of the last ones in the batch... For sure you should hold out a week or so and see if more come back in stock. These cases are tanks, probably the best case you can get other than a pelican or a zero halliburton :)

That may be a future solution for another set. But that would require racks and racks are no fun for a tournament set, because you can't keep your starting stacks all in a row.
Use chip tubes then. :D:p

For me, it's all about hinge/latch and handle quality for a 500 or 650 chip case. I don't sweat it as much for the 300 chip size.

I like that cheapo cases don't require racks or boxes, but it is hard to beat Pelican-style cases for long term value.

I will probably use both when I get my storage situation all settled.

Here is my case all packed up for the trip. Although I would like a 750 case this works pretty well with its unofficial 530 Paulson capacity! This cash set has the following breakdown:
200 x $.50
200 x $1
100 x $5
20 x $25
10 x $100 (only in case things get out of hand...)
20170413_083139.jpg

Here I took this picture just for sense of scale. Case is massive compared to regular cases

20170413_083257.jpg

Picture of the handle - Feels really sturdy, held on by a pretty thick pin, possibly 1/8" rod. Swinging around loaded case feels solid.
20170413_083226.jpg

I have both Versa types. The black plastic is still a solid step up front the cheapo aluminum cases. Not the greatest latches but they don't have the bottom fall out either. The deluxe is the best of the non-pelican style cases. I also have this one, using foam, that has super latches and you can put your own pad lock on it if you want. It is great for being able to customize for holding cards, dealer buttons and using racks.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ORYBCD4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just ordered a 500 chip unit.... thanks for the heads up JSD!
Also for anyone interested in 1000 chip bird cages I picked up one from amazon for $43 shipped. Just check other sellers, mine was not in original packaging, but in perfect shape...saved about $20

Would be nice to find some decent cases up here. Oh well, maybe someday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom