Wanted Venerati's (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dugthefish

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Want to buy older Venerati chips, denom'd $5/$25/$100. I tried to add on to my existing set (purchased ~2011) but the new ones aren't even close to a match on color or quality.

Ideally looking for $5×200 and $25×100, but I'll take what I can get and like it.

I tried this some month's back and didn't get any responses either.

The old ones are either still in use, or stuffed in the back of someone's closet and forgotten about.
We've been playing with a Venerati set for about 15 years now and could use more $5's.
At one point I was able to order replacements for $5's and $25's and the main difference was a slightly darker color.

The new ones are trash compared to the originals as far as print quality.

I tried this some month's back and didn't get any responses either.

The old ones are either still in use, or stuffed in the back of someone's closet and forgotten about.
We've been playing with a Venerati set for about 15 years now and could use more $5's.
At one point I was able to order replacements for $5's and $25's and the main difference was a slightly darker color.

The new ones are trash compared to the originals as far as print quality.
The replacements i ordered weren't even close for color. They felt a bit lighter as well, and agree on the print quality. I'll keep bumping this until I decide to pull the trigger on a custom set. Maybe someone finds that stash in a closet and we can both color up.

Bottom chip is original with ~10 years of play. Middle chip is a spare that has never been used. Top chip is the new batch. Sad, I love everything about these chips and it makes me sad to have to replace them.

Attachments

• 20210122_091807.jpg
    20210122_091807.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 75
Any chance you can work with the current manufacturer/distributor to better match the colors?

Any chance you can work with the current manufacturer/distributor to better match the colors?
Don't think so. My understanding is is Sidepot is a side business anymore, and I get the impression that I can take it or leave it ‍

Attachments

• 20210127_091126.jpg
    20210127_091126.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 60
I'd ask Stephan if you can work directly with his supplier to correct the color issues. He was always a straight-shooter back when he was actively involved in chipping. Worst case is that he says no.

The replacements i ordered weren't even close for color. They felt a bit lighter as well, and agree on the print quality. I'll keep bumping this until I decide to pull the trigger on a custom set. Maybe someone finds that stash in a closet and we can both color up.

Bottom chip is original with ~10 years of play. Middle chip is a spare that has never been used. Top chip is the new batch. Sad, I love everything about these chips and it makes me sad to have to replace them.

You should look closely at the recent group buys that have been going for the custom ceramics @ under .30/chip.
If you're looking for an opportunity to upgrade on the cheap - this is it!

You should look closely at the recent group buys that have been going for the custom ceramics @ under .30/chip.
If you're looking for an opportunity to upgrade on the cheap - this is it!
Thanks for the tip. Where is the best spot to look for group buys? I haven't seen any active ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom