Venerati vs. Desert Sands vs. Nile Club (1 Viewer)

PKRFiend

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Looking to put a tournament set together. I would like to purchase a ceramic set as well. I like Venerati, Desert Sands and Nile Club. Which is better and is their another ceramic you would prefer?

1588704156442.png

I've got Nile Club samples and I have to say the edge spots are confusing AF. In this pic, (the chips on the left) one chip is worth 1, the other 1000. Ok you'll not have 1's and 1000's in play at the same (probably not even in the same set) but it's indicative of the issues with the chips as a whole).
IMG-20200424-WA0000.jpeg
In addition, as you can see each chip has two edge spots, and these each take up virtually the same real estate as the main "base" colour. The bottom chip (1000) has a base colour of orange, not white, for example).

The feel is ok though, as I like the sharper edges - but this will make them prone to breakage, and nothing looks worse than a ceramic with a nice crack of white poking through the sublimation.

Venerati - I've read on this site that you have to be careful as there are lots of fake, inferior copies. Either that or the quality has gone downhill. But others will know more.

Desert Sands have denominations that are much too small and obscure for my liking, but produced on a quality textured blank.

The Nile Club chips are junk ceramics, with inferior printing and prone to chipping (plus many are dimensionally off, creating spinners).

The Venerati chips are a decent mid-range ceramic chip with good graphics, but no longer in production. As mentioned previously, fakes and knockoffs (with subpar quality printing) have been recently produced, so getting an authentic set probably means buying used from a reputable chipper.

Other ceramics worth consideration are those from brpropoker.com (many stock choices, most semi-customizable) or ceramic hybrids from Sun-Fly (cheapest if purchased as part of a group buy).

I have about 5-8K Venerati still in storage (we once had 10+ table tournaments). Happy to send you some samples for free if you want to try out. Not looking to sell the set but free way for you to use them and see if its the style you want.

G

I loved my Desert Sands back in the day. Had an s-load of them thanks to the very generous @krafticus - as a matter of fact, that's how Krafty and I met, remember Mark? So those chips have a special place in my heart. I think that was back in 2007 ish. Scary how time flys.

I loved my Desert Sands back in the day. Had an s-load of them thanks to the very generous @krafticus - as a matter of fact, that's how Krafty and I met, remember Mark? So those chips have a special place in my heart. I think that was back in 2007 ish. Scary how time flys.
In the parking lot of the Cathedral.. (which is where my wife and I were married). Remember that very well @PhilLaFond

Looking to put a tournament set together. I would like to purchase a ceramic set as well. I like Venerati, Desert Sands and Nile Club. Which is better and is their another ceramic you would prefer?

I have never used Venerati but have heard respectable things about them.

Desert Sands is on the ABC mold, it's a high-quality ceramic, I like those chips a lot (even though I only have a rack of hundos with them).

Nile Club is pumice quality. I've heard stories of people breaking the chip while splashing the pot. Same thing with Scroll ceramic chips.

If you're going to go with a ceramic, of those three, I'd pick Desert Sands (you basically can't go wrong with anything from ABC/BRPro, I have two ceramic sets with them and they are magnificent). The other thing you can do is get some chips in from Sunfly. Those are durable chips, it's what I'm using for a custom set.

Do you have a link for that thread? I didn't see it in the GB section

I think the art is in the process of being finalized. I'm sure the order thread will be coming relatively soon. @p5woody will let us know when it's a formal go.
The artwork for the chips has been finalized, dealer buttons are currently being worked on. Sun-fly is currently working out shipping details, I am not involved in shipping so not exactly sure where they are on that. Sun-Fly will be running the GB, I am assuming it will not be posted in the GB section since it is 'vendor GB'. (I think that is the right term?) They should be posting in their forum section as soon as they work out all the details.

Here are the links:
Shipping info: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/looking-for-a-reshipper-for-prestige-gb.56250/#post-1089466
Interest thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...rid-new-design-interest-in-buying-poll.55602/
Intial design: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/future-sun-fly-gb-design-idea-interest-feedback.55491/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom