**VENDOR IS MIA** New KickStarter Alert! Aces Poker & Card Room edge aligned ceramic poker chips!

Bosco24

Pair
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To add some clarification for those that still think I'm 100% full of shit... Profit margin incorporates time spent designing custom and semi custom chips for individuals, the cost of production, the cost of shipping to everyone in every country at a flat rate, the cost of my sites server, domain, marketing efforts, fees associated with kickstarter, processing fees, the programs I use to develop these designs, the video software I used for meetings with those who are getting custom designs, the fee associated for being a vendor.

I know there will be those out there that doubt, but I will be making this all right with everyone involved.

There was a delay, I didnt communicate that, and I'm sorry. It should have been managed during better on my behalf. That's my bad.

Doing what I can do now. And hey, dont trust me on it until you get yours, and that is your right. But please, give me a chance here I'm not running.

DMack

Flush
Reaction score
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I didn't write what I wrote to take your side.

Fact is you stick out at PCF because you have a talent of pissing people off who happen to have a viewpoint that is not your own. Me, I can disagree with people without resorting to a need to shred their dignity and pride to pieces. Not every reply needs to be an angst-ridden full-gun broadside.

You make valid points and certainly you are within your rights to insist on matters of principle to a fault. But you are like a terrier....you won't give an inch, expect none in return and there's no middle ground with you. That kind of abrasive in-your-face predisposition has its uses. Doing it on a regular basis racks up your bodycount and get you your short-term Kool-Aid validation for being the greatest pound-for-pound slugger at the forum, but its going to earn you a reputation....for better or for worse.

I don't say this with any malice. It is what it is.
You must have been the one getting ahead of yourself. If you couldn’t figure out the sarcasm in my reply, then I don’t know what else to tell you.

As for my assholeness, why don’t you go back and find the controversial threads of this nature that I comment on. Am I abrasive? Darn sure. Is there a reason? As the say in the Great White North, “you betcha.” I get so tired of the apologists that make the victims feel bad for bringing up the bad behavior of others. It’s the usual suspects that back the poor people into a corner and bash them for expressing their concern they might be out hundreds, if not thousands of dollars! “Just wait six months.” “Someone else’s job is not worth the thousand bucks you’re out.” “The person could be lost at sea with no food or water.” Malarkey. You continue to side with the shady behavior, and I’ll continue to stick to the side of those that have been fuc...done wrongly. If that hurts the feelings of a few fragile, prone to melt souls, my sincerest apologies.

Bosco24

Pair
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am taking all the actions necessary to resolve this. This was an unfortunate delay and an even bigger mistake on my part not notifying. There is no screwing, and, I am doing everything I can to make it right. The anticipated delivery on Kickstarter was December, I'm sorry that this delay happened, and I am wrong in the way I handled letting everyone know. The anticipated delivery for custom projects, on my site, is up to 90 days. I am human, I swear. I got into this for fun, I didnt get into it for money, I didnt intend for it to be this way... at all. You dont have to believe me, that's okay. Refunds or fulfillment... buyers choice there. Fulfillment is just a bit late, sorry! Didnt anticipate all this stuff happening, or else I would have changed it 1 month out on the anticipated ship date. I didnt forsee my life falling apart for a bit. But, will try harder next time.

If you'd like to reach out to me personally, I'm more than happy to address your frustrations. If there is anything specific I can do to resolve your woes right now, let me know, and I will do it.

There are a lot of sample set orders and a small handful of custom and semi custom sets, I will be addressing each order individually starting with those who spent the most money going down to any sample set orders.

Josh Kifer

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am taking all the actions necessary to resolve this. This was an unfortunate delay and an even bigger mistake on my part not notifying. There is no screwing, and, I am doing everything I can to make it right. The anticipated delivery on Kickstarter was December, I'm sorry that this delay happened, and I am wrong in the way I handled letting everyone know. The anticipated delivery for custom projects, on my site, is up to 90 days. I am human, I swear. I got into this for fun, I didnt get into it for money, I didnt intend for it to be this way... at all. You dont have to believe me, that's okay. Refunds or fulfillment... buyers choice there. Fulfillment is just a bit late, sorry! Didnt anticipate all this stuff happening, or else I would have changed it 1 month out on the anticipated ship date. I didnt forsee my life falling apart for a bit. But, will try harder next time.

If you'd like to reach out to me personally, I'm more than happy to address your frustrations. If there is anything specific I can do to resolve your woes right now, let me know, and I will do it.

There are a lot of sample set orders and a small handful of custom and semi custom sets, I will be addressing each order individually starting with those who spent the most money going down to any sample set orders.
Hey, I'm going to give you a slice of advice. I got no skin in the game, but I'd say right now, you need to communicate your fixing of the situation... Not that you will fix it. Defending isn't going to change anyone's opinion, but getting them the goods or the proper refund will. The leak in the hull has occured, attempting to verbally do damage control isn't going to stop the ship from sinking. But, damming up a bulkhead might save the day. Send out what you can. Update annually. Don't speak in hopes, let's talk facts and reach those same goals. Be honest.

People speaking up here negatively have a valid reason to do it due to horrid communication. Give them a valid reason to stop thru good communication. Responding day to day to each jab is going to be like counting sand on a beach.

I hope ya do fix everything, and get yer shit straight.

Bosco24

Pair
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm going to give you a slice of advice. I got no skin in the game, but I'd say right now, you need to communicate your fixing of the situation... Not that you will fix it. Defending isn't going to change anyone's opinion, but getting them the goods or the proper refund will. The leak in the hull has occured, attempting to verbally do damage control isn't going to stop the ship from sinking. But, damming up a bulkhead might save the day. Send out what you can. Update annually. Don't speak in hopes, let's talk facts and reach those same goals. Be honest.

People speaking up here negatively have a valid reason to do it due to horrid communication. Give them a valid reason to stop thru good communication. Responding day to day to each jab is going to be like counting sand on a beach.

I hope ya do fix everything, and get yer shit straight.
I'm really not sure what else I can say here. I'm trying to communicate where I am right now and what to expect, as clearly as humanly possible.

Flat12

Pair
Reaction score
You must have been the one getting ahead of yourself. If you couldn’t figure out the sarcasm in my reply, then I don’t know what else to tell you.

As for my assholeness, why don’t you go back and find the controversial threads of this nature that I comment on. Am I abrasive? Darn sure. Is there a reason? As the say in the Great White North, “you betcha.” I get so tired of the apologists that make the victims feel bad for bringing up the bad behavior of others. It’s the usual suspects that back the poor people into a corner and bash them for expressing their concern they might be out hundreds, if not thousands of dollars! “Just wait six months.” “Someone else’s job is not worth the thousand bucks you’re out.” “The person could be lost at sea with no food or water.” Malarkey. You continue to side with the shady behavior, and I’ll continue to stick to the side of those that have been fuc...done wrongly. If that hurts the feelings of a few fragile, prone to melt souls, my sincerest apologies.
Well hang on there, bud.

I did not call you an asshat, asshole or liken you to "assholeness" (is that actually a word ? Maybe it is in the 'Great White North' LOL). That was all the doing of the other people. I'm far more well-mannered than those boorish louts ;)

But here's a small snippet of what I did allude in reference to you :-

"Not every reply needs to be an angst-ridden full-gun broadside."
"bodycount"
"greatest pound-for-pound slugger at the forum"
"But more to the point, Marhault.....when you post, I don't actually see you leaving a trail of bodies in your wake."

"Yet amidst the sea of posts, I can still easily pick out the fires of destruction like beacons of Hades in every thread that was graced by our boy "

Now folks may take issue with the accuracy of my assessment, but somehow, with the latest cruise missile strike from the Great White North, I kinda rest my case :D

But chin up, bro. You might want to power down from being perpetually 'Weapons Hot' at Defcon 1 by installing an 'off' switch. Being at a constant war footing is surefire way to get a stroke. And get laid more often. You have no idea what great sex can do for a cathartic 'release' :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I raise a glass to World Peace and Greta Thunberg ;)

Bosco24

Pair
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those that backed from PCF and would like a refund, PM me I will process tomorrow afternoon after I get off work. Please send me the email address you used for your order.

Those that backed from PCF and would like me to fulfill their order, PM me your email and let me know.

I will process those who do that first before everyone else.

DMack

Flush
Reaction score
Well hang on there, bud.

I did not call you an asshat, asshole or liken you to "assholeness" (is that actually a word ? Maybe it is in the 'Great White North' LOL). That was all the doing of the other people. I'm far more well-mannered than those boorish louts ;)

But here's a small snippet of what I did allude in reference to you :-

"Not every reply needs to be an angst-ridden full-gun broadside."
"bodycount"
"greatest pound-for-pound slugger at the forum"
"But more to the point, Marhault.....when you post, I don't actually see you leaving a trail of bodies in your wake."

"Yet amidst the sea of posts, I can still easily pick out the fires of destruction like beacons of Hades in every thread that was graced by our boy "

Now folks may take issue with the accuracy of my assessment, but somehow, with the latest cruise missile strike from the Great White North, I kinda rest my case :D

But chin up, bro. You might want to power down from being perpetually 'Weapons Hot' at Defcon 1 by installing an 'off' switch. Being at a constant war footing is surefire way to get a stroke. And get laid more often. You have no idea what great sex can do for a cathartic 'release' :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I raise a glass to World Peace and Greta Thunberg ;)
Actually, you make me laugh. I’m always amused by those that talk in big words to try to extend the length of their wanker. It’s also amusing you chastise me for my brashness while you try to degrade me. So, your way is the way I should act? Please teach me more.

As for the missile strike, I don’t think it was Canada (the Great White North) that fired. It really is terrible that a terrorist that killed hundreds and hundreds of Americans was blown to smithereens, isn’t it?

Last edited:

DMack

Flush
Reaction score
Anybody got a spare STFU chip handy?
Dave, what happened to the massive stash you received during your ramblings of the group bu, pardon me, “not a group buy,” debacle?

MatB

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
happy friday morning all.

Just read 10 pages of, im not sure what.....

One thing i did learn for sure. We are all Hobbits on PCF and DrStrange is our Gandolf. Sure do love reading his posts.:)

carry on.

PlaidDragon

Flush
Reaction score
I have been issued a full refund via Kickstarter!

To elaborate: I messaged Bosco and requested a refund via PCF. He refunded me last night. I did not submit any complaint via Kickstarter.
Good to hear.

I didn’t bother contacting him. I initially paid via cc, and through them entered a dispute last week. Cc ruled in my favor and finalized my full refund today.

jr8719

Two Pair
Reaction score
As with so many people on here, I have no skin in the game. However...

Should @Bosco24 have communicated things a lot earlier? Absolutely.

Do mental health problems completely consume and debilitate your life — with the medication making things a helluva lot worse initially before you can get back to functioning even remotely in a normal way? Absolutely.

Can we change what's happened? Nope.

Does he know he's made a mistake and, as a result, is he trying to rectify it because he wants to add genuine to this community? I truly believe so — on all fronts.

Good luck with the venture, buddy.

The chips are too awesome not to succeed, despite this initial setback. The sooner you start making happy customers, the sooner this setback will be just that.

honkydevil

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I would say it is smoother and I prefer the texture as well.
I have been wanting this CARDS mold for a long time now.
Interesting. I was just assuming I’d like the flat/textured chip more but I probably better get samples lol. Thanks for the info.

AnteAndy

Pair
Reaction score
Does it still have some of that textured surface to it or is it smooth other than the molding?
I would say it is smoother and I prefer the texture as well.
I have been wanting this CARDS mold for a long time now.
The card mold has a more sandpaper texture but still feels smooth; best I can describe.

It's definitely better than the texture on the standard Aces. The molded chips stack well, not slippery, no spinners at all. Very sturdy chips. The standards are just so slick, practically worse than ABS chips are.

honkydevil

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
The card mold has a more sandpaper texture but still feels smooth; best I can describe.

It's definitely better than the texture on the standard Aces. The molded chips stack well, not slippery, no spinners at all. Very sturdy chips. The standards are just so slick, practically worse than ABS chips are.
Aren’t the standard or flat mold chips textured? I thought they were described to be “sandpaper-like” or something of that sort. Not enough for your liking though?

Top Bottom