Vehicle you own now (2 Viewers)

I still have my 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser on the road ..... coming up on 9 yrs old. Thing is a tank during the snow season with its 4x4 power and stick shift action (can't drive one of those in an automatic)

The only pic I had available of it from a couple years ago

fj1.jpg

Call me a tightwad. 2003 Toyota Highlander, 130,000 miles. I will drive it till it proves unreliable or something unfortunate happens (Like a suicide deer leaps in front of it driving 70 mph)

DrStrange

Nothing too exciting 2005 F150 XL 98k.

Roll down windows and vinyl seats and floors.

13728-1b92205e9732aa5604ecb5d24795eedf.jpg

Both were purchased new by me and will continue to be mine until they are no longer reliable.

I can top both, 2008 Chevy Cobalt 120,000k 5-Speed, crank windows, manual locks and unfortunately I over paid for it. It was 7/08 the gas peak pre-market crash of 08 and due to the MPG's these got they couldn't keep them on the lot. Average miles are leveling out because I changed jobs five years ago, think I put about 70k on in two years. Long paid for so no reason to change until the wheels fall off. Last car did that at about 2 am on I-90 with about 250k. I'm not much of a car guy, I appreciate them but see them more for purpose.

I'm not much of a car person, either, and for the most part they are a means to get from here to there. However, I'm thrilled with my 2014 Ford Escape (Titanium), which I bought new in spring 2014. It's my first big vehicle and my first vehicle with lots of upgrades. My favorites are the foot-activated liftgate, blind spot information system, and active parking assist. I don't think I could parallel park this thing without active parking assist if my life depended on it. She's ruby red with tinted clear coat, and not coincidentally, her name is Abby. :)

My previous car was a basic 2003 Cavalier that started to become a money pit around 2011. Knowing that, it's easy to understand why I <3 Abby.

Just think of the chips you could buy if you skipped one replacement car and put the money towards a mountain of chips (or a tidy pile of expensive ones)

DrStrange

As it turns out, it works out to about 30,000 in my case: chip closet is stuffed, with a 2000 Eclipse GT, 1999 Ranger, and 1999 Silhouette (40K miles, Granny's old garaged ride) in the driveway.

As it turns out, it works out to about 30,000 in my case: chip closet is stuffed, with a 2000 Eclipse GT, 1999 Ranger, and 1999 Silhouette (40K miles, Granny's old garaged ride) in the driveway.
does your eclipse look like this?

Mitsubishieclipse.jpg

Just think of the chips you could buy if you skipped one replacement car and put the money towards a mountain of chips (or a tidy pile of expensive ones)

DrStrange

This is where I draw the line. I love chips, I love poker, but if I had to choose between a car that I enjoy and a whole bunch of chips (mint paulson or not)....well, more chips for all you crazies. ;)

Usually, but they do have fast SUVs now too. ;)
I like the Jeep SRT8 now since they don't make the Trailblazer SS anymore. The centered dual exhaust on the first gen Jeep SRT8 was very cool looking.
I am proud to say I probably had my hand in making that trailblazer you referred to!

The centered dual exhaust on the first gen Jeep SRT8 was very cool looking.

100% agreed. The stance and the exhaust from the back is a thing of beauty. Those are very burly jeeps, still get a pretty penny for them. My favorite of the factory hot rod truck/suv's will always be the Ford Lightnings. My dad loved those trucks so I will always have a soft spot in my heart for them, and they where very fun to drive.

Or remember the typhoons? Turbo charged v6 goodness with AWD in a jimmy blazer. With the worlds cheapest interior you could do the 1/4 mile at just under 100mph in 1993 straight from the factory. I love it when car companies do things for no other reason than "well, this would be fun..."!

100% agreed. The stance and the exhaust from the back is a thing of beauty. Those are very burly jeeps, still get a pretty penny for them. My favorite of the factory hot rod truck/suv's will always be the Ford Lightnings. My dad loved those trucks so I will always have a soft spot in my heart for them, and they where very fun to drive.

Or remember the typhoons? Turbo charged v6 goodness with AWD in a jimmy blazer. With the worlds cheapest interior you could do the 1/4 mile at just under 100mph in 1993 straight from the factory. I love it when car companies do things for no other reason than "well, this would be fun..."!
you know who else loved the lightnings? my friend paul
capture9dgu7.jpg

Not even close to a "car guy" here. I have a 2009 Sonata w/ 84k miles. It's not flashy by any means but gets good mileage (30+ in the summer), can haul 4 sets of clubs and three other dudes for golf trips, and I feel reasonably safe driving it in Wisconsin winters. I often think about upgrading but really have no need. I keep trying to convince my wife to get a new (to us) vehicle and upgrade her 2007 Corolla to something that I can actually fit in and tolerate for more than an hour. No dice.

My old car went to my nephew for his 18th birthday - '02 Accord with 250,000 km on it, replaced by a '10 Camry hybrid. My wife got a Camry hybrid new in '09 and it's been great so we brought another.

11423675_10153373766311354_6501408832877740451_o.jpg

Oh yeah. Syclones too. I had an 87 Grand National for a couple of years.

My current car is my favorite car from the other thread. My 2015 Acura MDX. I bought it for the quiet interior and safety features. I am officially old.

It has a quieter cabin than the Lexus ES350 (which was my reference car) plus lane keep assist, super handling AWD, blind spot and fore and aft sensors, 3 camera angles on the backup camera, 8 airbags, it will even call emergency first responders with GPS coordinates if in an accident.

Oh, and all that DVD dual screen stuff that will never go used.

It drives like a much smaller car. It also drives itself. I feel a lot safer in this car than any other car I have ever been in.

Maybe not a dislike button...how about a button that will give the person a chorus of "Booooo" every time they enter the thread.

Maybe not a dislike button...how about a button that will give the person a chorus of "Booooo" every time they enter the thread.
Like the boo button on bubble hockey machine? :D

I am proud to say I probably had my hand in making that trailblazer you referred to!
Awesome... I had two of them. 07 in Imperial Blue Metallic and an 08 in Silver Metallic. Both AWD.

1998 Toyota 4Runner
1998 BMW Z3 2.8

Bought both used back in 2003 with 60k miles on each. The SUV now has 130k, and the convertible has 85k. It is time for an upgrade, I think. Probably will buy new this time. But have no idea what to buy. I want to just have one car. I obviously drive the SUV a lot more (convertible in Seattle, what was I thinking??). But I also want to love my car and enjoy driving it. I am in a holding pattern until I can figure out what car will make me happy. I like to keep my cars forever, obviously!

Edit: a car payment will also eat into the chip budget...another reason I continue to drive those old dogs.

1998 Toyota 4Runner
1998 BMW Z3 2.8

Bought both used back in 2003 with 60k miles on each. The SUV now has 130k, and the convertible has 85k. It is time for an upgrade, I think. Probably will buy new this time. But have no idea what to buy. I want to just have one car. I obviously drive the SUV a lot more (convertible in Seattle, what was I thinking??). But I also want to love my car and enjoy driving it. I am in a holding pattern until I can figure out what car will make me happy. I like to keep my cars forever, obviously!

Edit: a car payment will also eat into the chip budget...another reason I continue to drive those old dogs.

If you want an SUV that is also fun to drive, test drive the MDX. Surprisingly playful for its size. Get the SH-AWD option.

1998 Toyota 4Runner
1998 BMW Z3 2.8

get a used 18 wheeler, plenty of room to trek your chips from meet-up to meet-up

2014 Toyota 4Runner, which replaced my 2007 Toyota 4Runner last year...

2006 VW jetta 2.0T. Last year they put a non-diesel turbo charger in it. Ready to replace it, but not having a car payment is too nice, plus no idea what I'd get.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom