Vegas Trip canceled.....but that's OK (1 Viewer)

RagsPoker

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
My father-in-law, brother-in-law and I were scheduled to make our annual 6-day trip to Las Vegas tomorrow but we had to cancel the trip yesterday. :(
But the good news is the reason for the cancellation....my mother-in-law has been on the kidney transplant waiting list for 5 years and finally got the call Monday morning....She had the transplant surgery yesterday and is doing well today. We are so grateful and want to recognize the University of Michigan medical team for their fine work. Needless to say, we are all U-M fans from this day forward! :)
We'll plan on rescheduling that Vegas trip sometime soon!

Congratulations to all, what a great reason to not go to Vegas.

My mom is still here today because of a liver transplant. My dad, the Mayo Clinic, and the hero that was the teenager who was tragically killed all came together to give someone else the gift of life for my mom and our family. It's a very powerful thing to me and I get chills and tears just thinking of it now. What an incredible thing.

I understand if a religious reason prevents you from bring an organ donor, we all have to answer to our own, but if that's not an issue and you aren't already PLEASE consider signing up to give everything you can when it's your time by being an organ donar. I hope/pray that when it's my time I'm able to give my organs to somebody, I can't think of a better way to begin to make up for everything I've had in life.

Here's hoping for a smooth and full recovery for your mother in law and my eternal gratefulness to the doctors and the donor.

Congratulations to all, what a great reason to not go to Vegas.

My mom is still here today because of a liver transplant. My dad, the Mayo Clinic, and the hero that was the teenager who was tragically killed all came together to give someone else the gift of life for my mom and our family. It's a very powerful thing to me and I get chills and tears just thinking of it now. What an incredible thing.

I understand if a religious reason prevents you from bring an organ donor, we all have to answer to our own, but if that's not an issue and you aren't already PLEASE consider signing up to give everything you can when it's your time by being an organ donar. I hope/pray that when it's my time I'm able to give my organs to somebody, I can't think of a better way to begin to make up for everything I've had in life.

Here's hoping for a smooth and full recovery for your mother in law and my eternal gratefulness to the doctors and the donor.

Awesome post. Thanks!
My MIL also received a liver transplant about 10 years ago at U-M (we think she got Hepatitis C from a blood transfusion back when she gave birth about 40 years ago to one of her kids - before blood was screened for Hep C)..... she's had some tough luck these last dozen years but at the same time fortunate to have these transplants, and she's only in her early 60's.
And, yes, I'm a donor. I hope to be able to help another family when my time comes.
Donor.jpg

That's great news Doug, best wishes on recovery to your mother-in-law. Vegas ain't going anywhere

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom