Vegas redux 2021 - Unleash the Power of the Pyramid (4 Viewers)

This is the correct way.

Declare draw. Burn a card. Deal turn & draws.

Nobody can "read" a marked card on the top of the deck. It's a Cuban-proof system.
I like it in that it protects the integrity of the turn card.

How did it work, @k9dr? Did the dealer collect the discards at the time of declaration?

Wait, so the discards are kept in front of the player until after the turn? Seems too easy to pull a card back from discard or add a card to the discards when the dealer is looking the other way.

Wait, so the discards are kept in front of the player until after the turn? Seems too easy to pull a card back from discard or add a card to the discards when the dealer is looking the other way.
That would be akin to pushing chips over the betting line and then pulling one back when the dealer is looking the other way.

Possible... with the risk of immediate ejection.

Agreed, but cheaters gonna cheat.

Why not have the player announce draws and discard, confirm his discard and cards in his hand equal five, then collect the discards. Repeat for every player. Then deal the turn and deal drawing cards based on cards still left in hands. One less risk of cheating.

On life support at the first break - lost half my stack A3 < K5 AIPF. Time for short stack ninja :ninja:

C436A328-3AE3-442C-965F-55573901AB4B.jpeg

Agreed, but cheaters gonna cheat.

Why not have the player announce draws and discard, confirm his discard and cards in his hand equal five, then collect the discards. Repeat for every player. Then deal the turn and deal drawing cards based on cards still left in hands. One less risk of cheating.
  1. Time consuming.
  2. Dealer is forced to remember every single player's action, which could lead to too few/many replacement cards.
  3. Risk/reward for changing your mind is slim. Yes, there are rare times where you might want to change your draw based on later action, but it is slim. Changing bet sizing based on later action is far more likely, and it is far easier to palm 1 chip than 1 card. Yet that's not a concern.
  4. Deal may actually notice the change. Other players are also likely to notice the change - and it's those people that the cheater will be trying to cheat.

How have you found staying at the Luxor, as I'm considering it next year for my Vegas trip? Expensive to get to centre of strip with an Uber?
I just stayed at the Luxor myself a couple weeks ago, and here's what I found:
  • Mark is right about on-site dining, it's meh. And don't come in hungry late on a weeknight, as pretty much everything was closed by midnight.
  • I went to the Venetian from Luxor a couple times, and I found Uber and a cab to be comparably priced ($16-18 for Uber, $19 plus tip for a cab). For the extra couple of bucks, it was much more convenient to just walk to the cab stand and hop in the first available car.

I just stayed at the Luxor myself a couple weeks ago, and here's what I found:
  • Mark is right about on-site dining, it's meh. And don't come in hungry late on a weeknight, as pretty much everything was closed by midnight.
  • I went to the Venetian from Luxor a couple times, and I found Uber and a cab to be comparably priced ($16-18 for Uber, $19 plus tip for a cab). For the extra couple of bucks, it was much more convenient to just walk to the cab stand and hop in the first available car.
I was starting to wonder, with surge pricing and competitiveness, if the cabbies had closed the gap / stepped up their game. It sounds as if they have.

Dealer is forced to remember every single player's action, which could lead to too few/many replacement cards.
The dealer doesn't need to remember anything.

You push forward two cards. The Dealer checks to make sure you have three cards in your hand, then collects your discards. After dealing the turn, he comes to you, sees you have three cards and deals you two draw cards.

Alternatively, the turn is placed faced down on the board and discards/draws are handled immediately. After all players are done, the dealer flips the turn card.

Also, Mark, let's gooooooo!

The dealer doesn't need to remember anything.

You push forward two cards. The Dealer checks to make sure you have three cards in your hand, then collects your discards. After dealing the turn, he comes to you, sees you have three cards and deals you two draw cards.

Alternatively, the turn is placed faced down on the board and discards/draws are handled immediately. After all players are done, the dealer flips the turn card.

Also, Mark, let's gooooooo!

...so you think each player should what... fan his cards so the dealer - and every single player - can see cards that may have been marked?

Are you Cuban?

I'm going to be playing soon. If there's one thing I know for certain, when I'm playing, Mark gets all the chips. Lets see if that luck still holds when we are 2000 miles apart...
Well, I guess I need to have you playing ;) Busto K8 < AA, but I got a consolation prize

9D7055A4-8BB6-40EF-8716-5B255C296922.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom