Vegas live set harvest advice (2 Viewers)

I’d decide on RHC, THC or house mold before planning what to harvest. And I’d figure out a budget. Are you willing to pay $5/chip for fives, or do you want other alternatives?

I harvested a set of golden nuggets last trip. I love it. But obviously it cost face value to build this set:

E06281BB-54CD-4529-B15E-9B5DAD94C946.jpeg
DEC86123-CD1B-433F-86CC-8A697CCCBE32.jpeg

If you wanted a mixed house mold set and are willing to pay face for $5s, it’s hard to beat the $5 from Bally’s. If you don’t want to pay face, stardust poker mansion chips are out there and they label up nicely:

FD27944F-2BC1-4367-8BCF-9A9554AD5912.jpeg
FD27944F-2BC1-4367-8BCF-9A9554AD5912.jpeg
E1951ED8-E17F-41FA-B2E4-E9A32944FA10.jpeg

If you want to build a THC set, you can get white, blue and green from Vegas for $1 or 2 per chip. But you’d need to look elsewhere for fives. Or pay face for circus circus or flamingo $5s.

Same for RHC though there are less RHC options in Vegas right now.

Here’s a few Vegas places to consider:

Blue THC - Circus Circus (very hard to harvest), Paris (also tough), Strat, Boulder Station, Sam's Town (I think poker room is still closed), Binions, Flamingo
White THC - Bally's, NYNY, Oyo, Silver Sevens, Venetian/palazzo, Rio (think it's closed)
Green THC - Venetian $2
White RHC - several downtown properties
Gray RHC - Red Rock, Green Valley
Yellow RHC - Boulder Station $2
Blue House molds - Cosmo, Bellagio, Aria, Harrah's , Caesars, Golden Nugget, MGM, Park MGM, Mirage, Treasure Island, Palms, Nugget, Sahara, Westgate
White/off white house molds - Luxor, Planet Hollywood, Tropicana, silverton

That’s just off the top of my head. You can definitely harvest a nice set while in town. But as mentioned above, if you want to sell anything off, I think you need a vendor tag. I was banned for selling these three racks without a vendor tag that I planned to build a set around but changed my mind when I got home. And I was told I’d need a vendor tag if I ever wanted to sell any harvested chips above face value in the future:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/boulder-station-2-yellow-trimoon-rhc.71716/

So if you bring anything back to sell, I would bring enough to cover the cost of a vendor tag.

Last edited:
But as mentioned above, if you want to sell anything off, I think you need a vendor tag. I was one banned for selling these three racks without a vendor tag that I planned to build a set around but changed my mind when I got home.
Anyone know what the rules about this are? I've definitely bought racks from other people, an I have a rack of Venetian 2s I bought but change direction on. Am I not allowed to sell them without a vendor tag?

Me too. I want to build a set around that and the Bally’s five.
Bally's 5s, if you did an overlabel, are really not that bad to just buy a rack or two off. Use for a while and then worst comes to worse pull the labels off and cash them in.

Bally's 5s, if you did an overlabel, are really not that bad to just buy a rack or two off. Use for a while and then worst comes to worse pull the labels off and cash them in.
I wouldn’t relabel. It’s a house mold so it says “Bally’s” on the chip. I’d just do a mixed house mold set. Harrahs $1s. Bally’s $5s. Maybe dunes $25s?

Anyone know what the rules about this are? I've definitely bought racks from other people, an I have a rack of Venetian 2s I bought but change direction on. Am I not allowed to sell them without a vendor tag?
Earlier in this thread I said I would ask Tommy about this. It is his site, so he should know what he considers commercial selling.

Here is what he said, not in these exact words, but this is the intent of what the rule is:

Basically if you go to Vegas with the intention of buying chips to try and sell on here for a profit, then you need vendor status. If you buy chips here for more than face and you sell to recover what you paid, no vendor status is required.

I wouldn’t relabel. It’s a house mold so it says “Bally’s” on the chip. I’d just do a mixed house mold set. Harrahs $1s. Bally’s $5s. Maybe dunes $25s?
yeah, I'm not sure what I was thinking there.

Only thing I'd overlabel would be caesars $2s to make $25s. Though the Aria $20s are great if you've got the scratch:
Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 6.27.58 PM.png

I forget has anyone paired the baileys $5 with Sam’s town? I’m assuming so
Don't think I've seen that mainly because of the House Mold/THC crossing.

Sam's Town $1s and Paris $5s could be really nice. Something tells me that Paris would be a lot more accommodating to you walking away with a rack of $5s than they are with $1s.

Earlier in this thread I said I would ask Tommy about this. It is his site, so he should know what he considers commercial selling.

Here is what he said, not in these exact words, but this is the intent of what the rule is:

Basically if you go to Vegas with the intention of buying chips to try and sell on here for a profit, then you need vendor status. If you buy chips here for more than face and you sell to recover what you paid, no vendor status is required.
Sounds about right. I was told I needed a vendor tag. I wasn't a big fan of the label. I'm new to this whole world, and vendor sounds pretty serious. But I'm happy to pay to support this site. It's a great resource.

Sounds about right. I was told I needed a vendor tag. I wasn't a big fan of the label. I'm new to this whole world, and vendor sounds pretty serious. But I'm happy to pay to support this site. It's a great resource.
Based on what he told me, I would say that from my unbiased opinion you should be paying for the Vendor Status. Like you said the word "Vendor" sounds more Serious and more like a real business like TCR or Apache to me. What you and a few others are doing is kinda like "amateur vendor", in my opinion. Anyway, it is tommy's site and he gets to make the rules. He mentioned frequency and quantity too so if someone makes a purchase 1 time from anywhere thinking they can make a profit, and then sells for a profit they are going to get a pass. If someone does this same thing once in a while, they are likely going to get a pass. If someone is doing that same thing every day then they are going to get asked to pay for the Vendor status.

+1, don’t relabel. With the house mold displaying the name on the outer ring mold itself, just mix together your favorite chips in their native form. Best option for a $25 without it costing an arm and a leg is what @wonderpuddle did with Caesar’s $2. Turned them into a $25. Mirage has a beautiful dark blue/blurple $1 that contrasts well with bright 5’s.

Given that your new to this, I would also recommend not being too picky about edge spots and edge spot progression. Have fun with it, pick your favorite chip that YOU want to see on YOUR table, and you’ll be super happy. Good luck on your hunt and if you need any tips, just shoot over a PM.

Make sure you have a vendor tag
Yes he does. People were banned for that exact reason. Just an FYI
Not sure what you are trying to imply but you may not know the whole story about bans which we do not discuss openly

Also it is pretty easy to tell who is harvesting for community and who is doing it as a business for profit. Big Difference

People don't want to talk about their b.o. openly , so keep your thoughts to yourself Fordpickup :cool
1622666825609.png

Try different people. Some tend to be more helpful and other no so much. Playing games where they use $1s might help too

How much profit are you allowed to make while doing it for the community?
There isn't a set $ amount, but if you are going to Vegas, harvesting racks of chips and bringing them here to sell for a profit you are going to be asked to become a vendor. Dig around just a little and you will see several members that did just that, and they are now vendors.

If profit motive requires a Vendor status, what about all the non-vendors reselling TCR purchases at considerably more than TCR prices? Just sayin…
Well, you have a point, but I was told that frequency also is factor. Clearly there is some judgment involved and it is a bit subjective.

With TCR sales there only would be some of the denominations that can be sold for a profit and others that will only be able to be sold at a loss. Another thing is there is always a very limited # of chips that can be flipped profitably. Once the first hour is up on TCR sales your chances of getting anything that can be profitably flipped pretty much disappears.

Idk, my take is TCR flippers basically get a pass, but notice that members that bought large chunks of chips with the intention of selling at a profit are vendors. Examples are Jim - TCR, Josh - Apache, & Todd - The chip Exchange. There are others too.

Well, you have a point, but I was told that frequency also is factor. Clearly there is some judgment involved and it is a bit subjective.

With TCR sales there only would be some of the denominations that can be sold for a profit and others that will only be able to be sold at a loss. Another thing is there is always a very limited # of chips that can be flipped profitably. Once the first hour is up on TCR sales your chances of getting anything that can be profitably flipped pretty much disappears.

Idk, my take is TCR flippers basically get a pass, but notice that members that bought large chunks of chips with the intention of selling at a profit are vendors. Examples are Jim - TCR, Josh - Apache, & Todd - The chip Exchange. There are others too.
Fair enough, but a guy buying a few racks of live chips and reselling them hardly meets the "frequency" factor (IMO). Seems like subjective is the proper term.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom