143 - Paris $1s (incl 40 new from cage)
11 - Paris $5s
5 - Caesars Palace $5s (incl 1 LE)
1 - Caesars Palace $5 Baccarat
4 - Golden Nugget $2s
2 - South Point $2s
1 - Aria $20
1 - Bellagio $20

Just got back from a 3-night trip to Vegas with a buddy. Stayed at Flamingo and actually played no poker for the entire trip. A lot of rooms not open or only open on weekends. Of all the rooms that were closed M-Th (while I was there), only Caesars posted their schedule. Of the poker rooms I visited that were open, Bellagio was the busiest.

This was my smallest harvest yet. They are obviously not staffing as many tables, so not as many opportunities to ask for change for a couple of $5 chips. Big Wheels were shut down. And with craps tables 3 players per side max, it's pretty obvious if you are shoving $1 in your pocket. Still, I was able to gather close to 300-400 Paris $1s, but only 103 met my standards & I loosened them a little bit.

Of all listed here, I had the most trouble with the new Caesars $1s. They are actually mixing new solid $1s with the older versions with edge spots. You could see a 3-4 in each dealers tray. Never saw Caesars table for less than $25min. Turned away first attempt to get a couple from the cage. Second day different shift, a lille clueless about new chips (they're all the same!). It took a minute for me to convince her that new ones are solid, but once she got it, she went to the back and got me 5 new.

IMG_1644.jpg

I can only confirm what I saw at Flamingo, but early shift dealers are cleaning their chips daily. They put the entire tray in a bucket of yellow solution, strain them out & pat them dry with towels. Not sure what they're using, but I suspect a daily chemical bath will degrade the chips pretty fast.

IMG_1623.JPG

Here is my haul from this month's trip:

143 - Paris $1s (incl 40 new from cage)
11 - Paris $5s
5 - Caesars Palace $5s (incl 1 LE)
1 - Caesars Palace $5 Baccarat
4 - Golden Nugget $2s
2 - South Point $2s
1 - Aria $20
1 - Bellagio $20

Just got back from a 3-night trip to Vegas with a buddy. Stayed at Flamingo and actually played no poker for the entire trip. A lot of rooms not open or only open on weekends. Of all the rooms that were closed M-Th (while I was there), only Caesars posted their schedule. Of the poker rooms I visited that were open, Bellagio was the busiest.

This was my smallest harvest yet. They are obviously not staffing as many tables, so not as many opportunities to ask for change for a couple of $5 chips. Big Wheels were shut down. And with craps tables 3 players per side max, it's pretty obvious if you are shoving $1 in your pocket. Still, I was able to gather close to 300-400 Paris $1s, but only 103 met my standards & I loosened them a little bit.

Of all listed here, I had the most trouble with the new Caesars $1s. They are actually mixing new solid $1s with the older versions with edge spots. You could see a 3-4 in each dealers tray. Never saw Caesars table for less than $25min. Turned away first attempt to get a couple from the cage. Second day different shift, a lille clueless about new chips (they're all the same!). It took a minute for me to convince her that new ones are solid, but once she got it, she went to the back and got me 5 new.

View attachment 493660

I can only confirm what I saw at Flamingo, but early shift dealers are cleaning their chips daily. They put the entire tray in a bucket of yellow solution, strain them out & pat them dry with towels. Not sure what they're using, but I suspect a daily chemical bath will degrade the chips pretty fast.

View attachment 493663
You're probably right about the degrading part. Which is just sad. Especially since it seems close to useless. The jury is out on how long this virus would last on a chip, but a safe over under might be a day.

No Circus Circus $1s? Shame....

You're right. I completely space out on these....ugh, I feel shame.

Is it official then? Caesars Palace switched to solids?
They are switching. Doesn't look like they are in a hurry to pull all of their chips with edge spots. My guess is they'll continue to fill with solids, and edge spots will gradually disappear.

You're right. I completely space out on these....ugh, I feel shame.

They are switching. Doesn't look like they are in a hurry to pull all of their chips with edge spots. My guess is they'll continue to fill with solids, and edge spots will gradually disappear.
Wonder if the cage will sell them to you

Passed into Harrah's AC on my way through South Jersey the other day, and it was shocking to see how sloppily the chips were cleaned. I'm assuming it's similar to what @ADS Aviator saw in Vegas and they're cleaning 'em regularly, but half the chips the dealers tried to give me where wet with sanitizer. The $5s especially, half of them were stuck to each other from the surface tension of the sanitizer. F***in disgusting and guaranteed to nuke the chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom