Vegas Food Options... (2 Viewers)

ChipEnvy

Full House
Reaction score
So I've been going through a bunch of threads and have found some good ideas for breakfast...
EggSlut - Cosmopolitan
EggWorks - (on Flamingo and Ft. Apache)
The Egg and I - (on Sahara and Decatur)
Yard Bird - Venetian
Mon ami Gabe - Paris

Some lunch options:
Earl of Sandwich - Planet Hollywood
Le Thai - Downtown
Voo Doo Lounge - Rio
Ping Pang Pong - Gold Coast
Guy Fieri's - Linq
Black Tap - Venetian

But haven't found much at all for dinner?

I am heading down on business this weekend and need some help. Any places I left out for Breakfast and Lunch? My company has a pretty strict $20/$30/$50 (before tax and tip) policy for Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner, but I don't mind paying the overage if it's worth it.

Whatchu got?

Ellis Island for ribs or steak. Its off strip but very cheap and very good.

Wicked Spoon is a fancy buffet in Cosmo. Awesome for brunch or dinner.

Hot n Juicy
Gordon Ramsay Burgr
Carnegie Deli - Mirage - took me two days to finish the Woody Allen sandwich
Wynn buffet is very solid

Whatever you do stay away from Rao's at Caesars. We tried it because it seems like you can't get into their NYC location unless you're a made guy or something, but I've had better Italian at almost any local pizza joint for a 1/4 of the price. W Puck and G Fieri's were good

Whatever you do stay away from Rao's at Caesars. We tried it because it seems like you can't get into their NYC location unless you're a made guy or something, but I've had better Italian at almost any local pizza joint for a 1/4 of the price. W Puck and G Fieri's were good
We had the same experience at Rao’s. Huge disappointment.

Dinner:

Nine Fine Irishmen (NYNY)

Excalibur is a dump, but their steakhouse is reportedly first rate.

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co at the Planet Hollywood shops

Gilley's Bar-b-que at Treasure island

Battista's Hole in the Wall easily fits into the company price-point policy. It comes with free house wine, if your company has conniptions when expensing alcohol. The wine is palatable, but so-so. It is great for groups. The food is awesome.

The wine is also unlimited, so at a certain point, that is also awesome.

Last edited:
Just a couple notes from two weeks ago:

Downtown -- The $14.99 prime rib at Magnolia's Veranda in the Four Queens is surprisingly good. (IMO, better than Ellis Island.)
The Grotto in the Nugget is excellent Italian, including the pizzas.

Strip -- Besides Mon Ami Gabi for any meal: "Julian Serrano's Tapas" in Rio is just outstanding, and, being tapas, you can control what you spend pretty easily. (He's the chef of Picasso in Bellagio, as well.)

For a quick, cheap, satisfying meal, the crepes at La Creperie in Paris are very good.

At the MGM Grand, of course Morimoto and L'Atelier are outstanding. Wolfgang Puck's casual place near Cirque's Ka show is pretty good.

Have fun!

Bouchon for breakfast - also at Venetian

If you want to blow your budget and eat some great meat - Bazaar Meat. One of my favorite dinners, go with friends.

Does it have to be on the strip? Because there are some amazing places off the strip!

Henderson - Taco y Taco
Summerlin - The Magic Noodle
Fremont St - Pizza Rock LV

Well since you mentioned having a car, I'll add Mr. Mama's to the breakfast list.

The breakfast is nothing fancy (pancakes, french toast, eggs and the like), but the customer service is unparalleled in the breakfast restaurant world. The owner greats every single patron, with a genuine (not a "welcome to Wal-mart") greeting. The waitress to table ratio is about 1:4. They clean the syrup dispensers. Seriously, who does that?

The moved to a new (bigger) location a few years ago, but their service has not dropped one iota. Thr lines are always long, but move very quickly.

I asked the owner why he hasn't opened a 2nd location. His answer is simple: "I can't greet everyone in two locations".

He passes on making more money just to maintain his level of service. That is just astounding to me, and I will always hit Mr Mamas when we have a car in Vegas. Hell, we even considered an Uber to get there, but the cost of an Uber would be more than the breakfast.

Main Street Station - Oyster Bar, get the pan roast and a dozen raw clams.

District One - Whole lobster pho or oxtail pho.

1111.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom