Valuation: WSOP Bud Jones Chips (2 Viewers)

cpac54

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Would really like to put together a full playable sample set of the BJ WSOP chips, or at least up to the T1000 level. I haven't been able to track down any previous sales outside of some T25 and T100, a few of which sold here recently for $25 each.

Can anyone here help with a valuation for the T500 and T1000 chips? I've seen a few listed on the feeBay, but no previous actual sales to go by.

1586881516656.png

Photo credit @DoubleEagle (will remove if requested).

Easiest way is to find out when there going to use them and buy into that tournament and walk out with them.
If I could do that, I would. Being that I am in Switzerland and being that there’s likely no WSOP anytime soon, that could prove a challenge in the intermediate.

T25s have gotten scarce after going to the BB ante. Last I saw the 100 and 500s were between $25-40 on eBay, I think a 1k went for $50-60

I've been looking for 500's and only won one or two. I thought they were quite a bit more than 25-40, but maybe my data points are old. I also thought the 1k's were selling for 100+, I've bid on some but never won as they were always over my price range. 5K's do popup from time to time as well if you want to go for a bigger sample set.

You can PM me with your buy price, I might be able to shake some loose. I have a few barrels of the 25's and 100's if you decide to go for more than the sample set :)

Easiest way is to find out when there going to use them and buy into that tournament and walk out with them.

DON'T TRY THIS ANYMORE.

The guy that did that and posted it on CT was 10+ years ago. Things have changed drastically. Chips are now usually only distributed at the tables and you can get banned from the strip or worse for trying to walk away with any chips. Most of the chips you see on eBay these days are small denoms palmed for re-sale by advantageous players looking to re-coup buy ins. If this is your plan, don't get caught.

The reason they spread their chip sets out more in recent years is to prevent people from taking chips out of smaller event and putting them into play in larger ones. This has been a huge problem for the WSOP.

DON'T TRY THIS ANYMORE.

The guy that did that and posted it on CT was 10+ years ago. Things have changed drastically. Chips are now usually only distributed at the tables and you can get banned from the strip or worse for trying to walk away with any chips. Most of the chips you see on eBay these days are small denoms palmed for re-sale by advantageous players looking to re-coup buy ins. If this is your plan, don't get caught.

The reason they spread their chip sets out more in recent years is to prevent people from taking chips out of smaller event and putting them into play in larger ones. This has been a huge problem for the WSOP.
If you never plan on playing again you have nothing to lose. But I doubt you can walk out with a starting stack and get away with now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom