Vacuum packed rail foam (1 Viewer)

joker80

Flush
Reaction score
I am building a table for a friend of mine. YAT ships their rail foam vacuum packed. The foam sat at the border for a month. What are the odds it will reform to shape? I opened it to let it breath, but man it's pretty crinkled down.

I have used vacuum packed foam the last two tables I built. One of which sat for a long time in the packaging. When I first opened the package it looked like keith richards but after a couple days of airing out it was fine.

playing surface volara though, if it dents, its not coming out. YMMV.

I have used vacuum packed foam the last two tables I built. One of which sat for a long time in the packaging. When I first opened the package it looked like keith richards but after a couple days of airing out it was fine.

playing surface volara though, if it dents, its not coming out. YMMV.

Agreed. I had a similar experience with both materials. Let it sit for a few days, it should regain it's shape.

I got a vaccum lack as well the other day. However, 1" foam supposed to be 54" wide. After about 24 hrs we checked it and was only 52", and my friend who was in a hurry said theres no way its going to be any wider. YAT said to wait 2-3 days.
Also the vinyal we got was suppsed to be 54" wide but only 52". We had a very hard time upholstering the rail.

YAT is really good about replacing anything that gets damaged. My Volara had creases because it was shipped rolled up with nothing in the middle (no cardboard tube) so it was creased really badly. They sent out a replacement 2nd day air which I'm sure cost more then I paid for the foam to begin with.

Looks like it is plumping up nicely for anyone who was wondering what the outcome was

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom