USPS Service (3 Viewers)

Just move to the USA. One of my neighbor's house is for sale....
I guess @Thomacetti and myself (I don't guess about myself) are senior clerks with an experience-based attitude and neck and back issues, so we can't perform the job, in the US (i.e. packing groceries) which would give us the same remuneration as in Europe :D

Just move to the USA. One of my neighbor's house is for sale....

I talked to the wifey...I said let's go babe, we take my chips and run to the promised land...we can make some new children there ;)
It was kinda short talk...she just gave me 'the look' and left the room.
So i give it 50/50...how much was that house again Dave ;)

I guess @Thomacetti and myself (I don't guess about myself) are senior clerks with an experience-based attitude and neck and back issues, so we can't perform the job, in the US (i.e. packing groceries) which would give us the same remuneration as in Europe :D

I guess it would bump my income would increase with 35-40% since I pay +50% (yes, FIFTY) taxes and some more on top of those.
What would a MBA & +10y management experience pull in region Atlanta ? ...asking for a friend :D @BGinGA

Ps. true story, my wife was offered a job in a NY private hospital during the first Covid peak...6 figures a year salary (3 year contract with option for 3 more)...she did not even discuss it with me (you know why) and declined to keep working for 35% of that (but can continue research & mentorship)..talk about crazy

Last edited:
I'll be in Europe in about a year and will have an APO address and living in Germany. I have one now but in a different geographical region. In the CT days I've had packages shipped to me and then brought them to the Deutsche Post to have them shipped to German members. I wouldn't mind doing it again to help out some EU members as long as I get to fondle the chips before I forward them.

I'll be in Europe in about a year and will have an APO address and living in Germany. I have one now but in a different geographical region. In the CT days I've had packages shipped to me and then brought them to the Deutsche Post to have them shipped to German members. I wouldn't mind doing it again to help out some EU members as long as I get to fondle the chips before I forward them.

Great, now there's going to be an unofficial "fondling tax".

A very conservative Greek American (i.e. Democrat:D) childhood friend of mine, born and raised in colonia Rhodesia by the way (present-day Zimbabwe), exrpessed the view that, on top of the pandemic problems, the USPS has been delibaratelly left to rot by the current Administration, in order to discredit mail voting in view of the upcoming elections.

What I can say is that any national election taking place on a working day instead of a holiday is beyond pathetic, absurd or scandalous.:(

Awsome man...what region will you be stationed ?
If it's @Dutch border, you will be very welcome at my games.

For the money and time you will be saving me....you can rent any of my sets for a game/fondling free of charge :D

Awsome man...what region will you be stationed ?
If it's @Dutch border, you will be very welcome at my games.

For the money and time you will be saving me....you can rent any of my sets for a game/fondling free of charge :D

I'll be at Ramstein Air Base which is like 1.5hrs south of Frankfurt. But I do plan on traveling a bunch and I've never been to the Netherlands so I might make a trip up there

Evidently I don't know how to quote...

"So I was thinking that shipping UPS would be a safer more reliable option than USPS, well I was wrong, spent over double to ship a package to Oregon and now the item has gone missing in the Portland facility since Tuesday. Was a rather expensive package as well.

I know it may be a little early to worry but the wait to figure out what is going on is brutal. I finally got through to UPS and they are starting an investigation."

In response to Spouty's post...It is killing me...trying to remain calm...getting really difficult!!!

Last edited:
It's crazy to me, at least a little, how shipping OUT of the USA isn't cheaper. We are the world's greatest consumer and I just figure that we send a lot of empty planes and cargo ships out, just to bring us back more stuff. Putting something in there has to be more profitable than nothing.

Update for international (esp. EU) chippers

I have a large set (almost 1400 chips) in transfer

Had two options USPS or premium carrier...still looking to see pigs fly but in reality:

If all goes well, my total overhead (shipping DHL incl. customs & import fee) is $489
But no hassle (i hope) and very speedy delivery ( 3 !!! DAYS)

If I went with USPS, I would have paid $180 for shipping (one large & one medium FRB)
I would have been stuck in transfer for 3 week & another 3 weeks in hold by customs.
Customs would charge both boxes separate so my stated value ($430) + shipping cost ($103 & $78)
So $430+$103 = $533 for box 1 & $430+$78=$508

Customs charge would be 123 EUR (box 1) &120 EUR (box 2) is or 223EUR/$290 + shipping cost USPS ($181) = grand total of $471
And with some extra charges from Bpost (there are always added fees), I'm actually cheaper with DHL

USPS...never again for large sets

I realise I'm not even fazed a little bit to pay such big premium for Intern. shipping...

Update for international (esp. EU) chippers

I have a large set (almost 1400 chips) in transfer

Had two options USPS or premium carrier...still looking to see pigs fly but in reality:

If all goes well, my total overhead (shipping DHL incl. customs & import fee) is $489
But no hassle (i hope) and very speedy delivery ( 3 !!! DAYS)

If I went with USPS, I would have paid $180 for shipping (one large & one medium FRB)
I would have been stuck in transfer for 3 week & another 3 weeks in hold by customs.
Customs would charge both boxes separate so my stated value ($430) + shipping cost ($103 & $78)
So $430+$103 = $533 for box 1 & $430+$78=$508

Customs charge would be 123 EUR (box 1) &120 EUR (box 2) is or 223EUR/$290 + shipping cost USPS ($181) = grand total of $471
And with some extra charges from Bpost (there are always added fees), I'm actually cheaper with DHL

USPS...never again for large sets

I realise I'm not even fazed a little bit to pay such big premium for Intern. shipping...

Update...got customs charge from DHL.... only 117 EUR or $140 ($45 less than expected)...so total cost is only $446 (306 for shipping & 140 import)

Happy days :D

Dealing with a tracking that hasn’t updated from pre-shipment. I’m on pins and needles to say the least.

Dealing with a tracking that hasn’t updated from pre-shipment. I’m on pins and needles to say the least.
My ups package made it to Portland OR on 8-10. Less than an hour from my house...yet still no change. They are trying to "locate" it now...and this was a spendy one...

HOPE ITS NOT LOST :(

Attachments

• 2020-08-20 01_12_21-Canada Post - Track a package by tracking number.png
    2020-08-20 01_12_21-Canada Post - Track a package by tracking number.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 116
and yes..;delivery this morning !

2 boxes in perfect condition delivered by a very cute ladie

WIIIIIIIIIN 1400 Proteges in tha house

Maybe sorcery...but this doesn't look like USPS routing...

Cincinnati hub....hmmmm

DHL more like it, no??

I've personally received a package from Taiwan at my doorstep in Canada, in 36hrs, but that was DHL.

Either way, nice haul man! That's alot of Protoge's!! Wowzers! Love to see a pic or two

So idk what others have experienced with USPS lately but I have had bad experiences lately. They recently lost 700 BCC chips from CA to Chicago. That package is still lost with no updates. Another package containing 1000 BCC chips I fear is heading down the same path as it was shipped out in Wednesday of last week, and the updates are the same as it was for the other package they lost. It just keeps saying package is still on its way and will arrive later than expected. This was the case for my first package as well. I fear that the facility either near me or somewhere here in Chicago are to blame, either short staffed or someone is purposely jacking packages. Either way I am extremely worried!

So idk what others have experienced with USPS lately but I have had bad experiences lately. They recently lost 700 BCC chips from CA to Chicago. That package is still lost with no updates. Another package containing 1000 BCC chips I fear is heading down the same path as it was shipped out in Wednesday of last week, and the updates are the same as it was for the other package they lost. It just keeps saying package is still on its way and will arrive later than expected. This was the case for my first package as well. I fear that the facility either near me or somewhere here in Chicago are to blame, either short staffed or someone is purposely jacking packages. Either way I am extremely worried!
Patience is key here. They'll turn up. A distribution center somewhere is probably short handed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom