USPS Priority delivery / scanning issues (2 Viewers)

Windwalker

4 of a Kind
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
Hi all — so I have several packages coming to me that are slightly / moderately / heavily delayed. In one instance, a couple of boxes dropped into an actual USPS collection box appear not to have even been scanned! In other cases, the tracking number says “in transit” and nothing else.

And then yesterday, an item that said it was in another state arrived, and still doesn’t show that it was delivered on the tracking.

Just wanted to get comfort from others that similar things are happening to them? In three cases, multiple box shipments from the same place from the same people don’t / haven’t arrive/arrived together.

Is this normal? Just getting nervous on some of these shipments.

Yup, happened to me. I will never forget when an order from @ABC Gifts and Awards showed as "delivered" when it wasn't the same day an order from @BR Pro Poker showed "in transit" when it was in my mailbox. I was a super noob and trying to figure out how to explain to Gene and Kristil that I was neither a thief nor clinically insane lol

While I wouldn’t say it’s normal... it is taking a rather long time for packages to both arrive at their destination and for things to get scanned properly, etc.
I have had 2 instances in the past couple weeks... 1st was a priority mail box coming from CA to TX and it took an extra week to arrive. 2nd is a package sent 1st class coming from across town, supposed to be here yesterday and probably won’t arrive until Monday or Tuesday, fingers crossed.

Luckily, I've been spared. Probably received 15 SFR, 4 MFR, 2 LFR boxes over the past 5 months with no problems tracking or delays.

But I don't think you're alone.

... Hmmmm either I'm buying too much from PCF and it's vendors, or not enough. I don't like this quasi limbo I'm in.

I have a current package coming from Las Vegas that arrived in usps network in Fresno, before going to San Francisco then to Oakland and back to San Francisco where it is waiting to be sent out for delivery on Monday.

Seems normal.

Has anyone had experience with packages that are dropped off into the secure bins, but not scanned when they’re taken in? So the tracking says that the USPS has not received the package yet?

Has anyone had experience with packages that are dropped off into the secure bins, but not scanned when they’re taken in? So the tracking says that the USPS has not received the package yet?

I’d give it a day or two. Should be fine.

I dropped off four MFRBs at the same time, all going to the same destination, on Friday, July 31st. Two of the boxes were delivered on Monday, August 3rd. The other two boxes have not been delivered yet and have been "in transit" since August 4th. One of the boxes just has the dropped-off scan and its current "in transit" status--it doesn't even have a distribution-center scan. The other box only has one additional scan at the distribution center besides those two. Also, I am pretty sure the "in transit" for both boxes was actually there a few days prior to August 4th. (I can't confirm the last sentence, but I have been checking the tracking for these two packages multiple times a day and that is my recollection.)

I finally called them today to see if they could tell me where the packages are, and they put in a case to investigate. I understand there are delays now and have had a few packages arrive a few days late the past few months, but it is incredibly frustrating when two boxes were delivered very quickly with no issue, and two boxes have had very few scans with no status update or new scans in 5 days.

My box from Navels with the Santa Ysabel chips never showed scanned until it was delivered, but he didn't use a secure bin for that.

I’ve shipped a couple of nice sets the last few weeks and had significant delays. I had two sets that just showed “In transit” or that they sat for 6 days in a distribution center.

If its expensive chips/package i always go into the post office and have usps worker scan box and give me a receipt, you might want to request that from the seller next time so you feel a bit better

If its expensive chips/package i always go into the post office and have usps worker scan box and give me a receipt, you might want to request that from the seller next time so you feel a bit better
What @davin has suggested is a best practice and should be done much more often IMHO. I learned this recently myself as the shipper of an expensive and insured package that didn't get scanned in originally. Apparently, the insurance doesn't kick in until scanning occurs. In my situation, I insured the package at my cost, rather than at the buyer's request. But if requested (and especially if paid for) by the buyer, I feel like ensuring scan in/get a receipt is especially imperitave. And not a bad idea to do as a matter of practice in other situations.

Yes it happened to me twice.

USPS is a complete mess right now. And yes, we've had packages go all the way across the country before showing a scan at all. Of course the customer was sure that we hadn't actually shipped the package because it hadn't been scanned, and then all of a sudden it was delivered. Magic. :banghead:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom