USPS pick up for sending chips? (1 Viewer)

greenchip

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
Have anyone tried USPS pick up (mail carrier picks up your packages when they deliver)? Any recommendations about having chips sent that way? Anything to be careful or keep in mind for?

My packages are always packed nicely in case USPS decides to handle roughly, but at the same time I’d like to hear any risks regarding this matter when shipping chips (from singles to racks).

Have anyone tried USPS pick up (mail carrier picks up your packages when they deliver)? Any recommendations about having chips sent that way? Anything to be careful or keep in mind for?

My packages are always packed nicely in case USPS decides to handle roughly, but at the same time I’d like to hear any risks regarding this matter when shipping chips (from singles to racks).
I've done pickup for my last couple of shipments, and have been irritated by the fact that the scan hasn't shown up until the second day, and that they usually don't depart my local station until the following day. If you don't want to risk not having immediate scanning and same-day departure, an in-person drop off is the most secure.

I’ve done it a lot when traveling cause it’s easy to have the wife package something up and just leave it on the porch and then I schedule the pickup online. Sometimes they just seem temperamental about though. They will eventually pick it up but especially with MFRB and LFRB I will notice that it might sit there for a few days before they take it. Fortunately in my neighborhood I’m not worried about it tucked away on the porch but it’s sometimes frustrating.

I have used it several times. I started by getting to know my carriers (I had two) because some of the shipments are very heavy and I wanted to explain what they were and what I was doing (they were fascinated by the way and they loved looking at my chip collection). We arranged a way for me to leave the boxes for them and have them hidden so they wouldn't be stolen. The arrangement was for me to leave them a note on a bright card (so they wouldn't miss it) in my mail box and they knew, from our previous conversation, where I had left the box(es). It worked without fail for years. I would also leave them a note in the box the day before shipping (when I could) so they knew to expect it.

I also found that by just getting to know them they weren't so "hard" on the boxes I would receive and sometimes they would actually bring big boxes by after work for me -- I really think they just wanted to see the new chips, but I was happy to show them because I also knew they were taking good care of me. They were also incredibly helpful when I would receive boxes that were poorly packaged.

So, I guess what I'm saying, is, if it's possible, get to know your carriers, they are the key.

Also, one more note The experiences I am talking about above were from when I lived in Colorado Springs. Here in little Redfield South Dakota, we know our carrier very well, he was the first person we met after meeting our incredibly great neighbors -- I could go on for pages talking about all that our neighbors have done for us since moving here. But, that's way Off Topic.

Good Luck!!

It's perfectly fine to do a pickup. We get pickup requests all the time, but don't you pay extra for that ?? Just get in with your letter carrier and they will take care of you.

It's perfectly fine to do a pickup. We get pickup requests all the time, but don't you pay extra for that ?? Just get in with your letter carrier and they will take care of you.
Right, it's free, but can't pick the time. They'll charge if requesting a timeframe for a pick up.

Yeah I will get to know the mailman. The new guy is doing a pretty awesome job delivering chips.

Reactions: ovo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom