Usps flat rate boxes. How many chips in each? (1 Viewer)

TheDuke

Full House
Reaction score
How many chips can fit in each box? Small, medium, large.

Just trying to figure out an optimal order size for an upcoming group buy.

Thanks!

CBEC8E55-D62B-4099-80C0-0E618887BDBE.gif

You want padding or not on these? Because that matters. You can get about 200 chips in a padded flat rate envelope, with more padding. I would not use a SFRB.
MFRB probably 500 max with some padding around the edges.
LFRB 7-800 with padding.

You want padding or not on these? Because that matters. You can get about 200 chips in a padded flat rate envelope, with more padding. I would not use a SFRB.
MFRB probably 500 max with some padding around the edges.
LFRB 7-800 with padding.
I can do 600 in MFRB with padding, and I was just shown a killer way to do 900 in a LFRB that's pretty bulletproof...

With the price of chips, I would never try to “maximize”. Padding is more important that a few extra bucks on shipping.

I don't think anyone on this site is willing to compromise the safety of their chips! This is not about skimping on padding.

My question is more on the lines of knowing the thresholds of each size. So if I'm just above the top end for a medium box I might as well order a few hundred more chips to make use of all the space of a large box.

Bigger issue with international frb's is the weight restrictions.

SFRB 4lbs to Canada
MFRB 20 lbs to Canada
LFRB 20 lbs to Canada.

Given space restrictions and some buffer for padding, I wouldn't go above 800 10g chips in any international MFRB or LFRB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom