• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine USPCC? Swastika Paranoid Inlay Chips: Ridiculous Price? (1 Viewer)

KaiserFrazer67

Reaction score
Hi everyone; new member here.

I ran across these swastika paranoid inlay chips on eBay. I DO know they were made by the United States Playing Card Co. (along with a myriad of other designs, including initials), and that the motif was VERY popular as an ancient symbol of good luck (which existed in almost every culture around the world) from about 1900 up until the mid 1920s, when the Nazis stole it and corrupted it for their own purposes. I also know that the majority of those which had existed before WW2 wound up in the dumps and landfills by the millions when the war broke out and the swastika came to represent something for which it was never intended.

Even so, this seems to be a VERY ridiculous amount to be asking for these chips, even if some of them are in "extremely rare colors". I have included screenshots from the auctions as well as links to the auctions themselves. I also doubt her yarn about them being "provided to the Indian reservations by the U.S. Government because they didn't want them to use actual money." The swastika chips were listed in USPCC's own catalog and in the catalogs of several other supply houses and stationery shops throughout the U.S. and probably Canada, so they were readily available to whomever wanted to order them. Since the swastika symbol was such a fad as a good luck charm during that time (it could be found literally everywhere--on Coca-Cola watch fobs, floor and wall tiles, "good luck/best wishes" postcards, playing cards, fruit crate labels, you name it--even as team names for a couple of Canadian hockey teams!), it stands to reason it would have been right up there with the four-leaf clover and the horseshoe as being popular on poker chips.

Also there are not 14 different colors as she claims in the photos, but 10, as 4 of them are obviously repeats (two each of yellow, red, blue and gray/off-white).

The seller even offered me a "discount" due to my apparent "interest" (it's in my Watch list, that's all). The whole thing just seems... weird. I'm hoping there's some folks among you who know more about the actual rarity of these chips. I have seen a few of them before and actually bought a few, but always the gray/white, red, and blue ones, and never for more than a few U.S. dollars for 3 or 4 of them.

Here's the links to the two auctions:
Chip caddy full of swastika chips
14 individual swastika chips

I welcome any thoughts or comments you may have.

Thanks much,
Tom from S.E. Wisconsin

SwastikaChipCaddy01.png
SwastikaChipCaddy02.png
SwastikaIndivChips01.png
SwastikaIndivChips02.png
SwastikaIndivChips03Offer.png

I have a bunch of these in my basement (at least they look the same, not sure they're exactly the same?), was wondering how to go about selling them. Maybe I should have her market them for me :)

Anyone think it would be funny to invite your Jewish friends for a game with these?

No, it's a symbol of good luck! I don't hate Jews... :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom