US/CAN CARDS MOLD Group Buy - Sample Set Interest (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX_Golf_N_Poker

Straight Flush
Tourney Director
Supporter
Reaction score
As promised earlier today, this is an interest post for Cards Mold Group Buy Sample sets. Our members and their designers are coming up with some SICK designs, and MANY of us want to get sample sets of these awesome chips.

Since we’ve passed the August 2nd deadline, we should have a pretty good idea right now of everyone who is ordering chips from this group buy. According to @SeanGecko we have about 20 confirmed orders with art. What I’m going to ask is that anyone who is willing to order extras and share sample sets of their chips, please post in this thread WITH their artwork. I’ll put together a spreadsheet with info on every set, and THEN we’ll open this to post interest. So to those of you who WANT TO BUY sample sets, please HOLD OFF a few days while we get most of the art and put together the spreadsheet. DO NOT feel pressured to offer up sample sets if you don't want the hassle. This is your decision to do this only if you want to.

Set owners, if you want to participate, please provide this information in your post:
  • Artwork
  • Name of set
  • Number of regular (Cards Mold) chips
  • Number and description of Other chips (plaques, bounty, etc.)
  • Estimated cost including shipping (I would expect most sets can go out in bubble mailers for around $3-5. Mailers are about 50 cents each on Amazon)
A word about cost. I don’t think we should be embarrassed to price these a bit over cost. There is more to putting these sets together than just the cost of the chips. There are designer fees, our own time, sweat and blood, various shipping fees getting them to us and out to buyers, shipping materials, and probably other costs I’m not thinking about right now. If we should pocket a couple extra bucks per set over actual cost, I don’t think anyone should begrudge that. Heck, we really don’t even know the exact chip and shipping costs yet, so feel free to post a range. And if you state an estimate here, then after getting your actual cost numbers, you need to up it a couple of bucks, I think that should be OK too.

BUYERS, I will give you the word in a couple of days when we’re ready to hear from you. And if there is a set you want, but you don’t see it here, PM the owner and get them to post their info. I MUST hear from the set owner themselves to put the set on this page.

So let’s get this started with SET OWNERS ONLY.

Here is the Sample Set spreadsheet so far. Hoping to get some more art here available for sample sets.

Track Sample Sets SS.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't planning on offering my chips up for samples, only because I thought absolutely no one would be interested in them :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: But I've had one person reach out privately about a sample set, so I figure why not open it up just in case.

I've only ordered an extra 5 of each chip, so assuming there are no breaks during shipping I have four more sample sets available. Just to be clear, if there is any breakage to the point where the quantities that I wanted for myself are affected I would not be able to give out samples.

• Kohler Cardroom ( Micro Cash Set. $1/$2 Cash Set. Tournament Set )
  • Four sample sets available for each set.
  • I'd sell for cost + $3 shipping

Micro Cash Set
micro2.png

$1/$2 Cash Set
1.2.set.555.png

Tournament Set
tourney3498.png

I wasn't planning on offering my chips up for samples, only because I thought absolutely no one would be interested in them :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: But I've had one person reach out privately about a sample set, so I figure why not open it up just in case.

I've only ordered an extra 5 of each chip, so assuming there are no breaks during shipping I have four more sample sets available. Just to be clear, if there is any breakage to the point where the quantities that I wanted for myself are affected I would not be able to give out samples.

• Kohler Cardroom ( Micro Cash Set. $1/$2 Cash Set. Tournament Set )
  • Four sample sets available for each set.
  • I'd sell for cost + $3 shipping

Micro Cash Set
View attachment 502592

$1/$2 Cash Set
View attachment 502589

Tournament Set
View attachment 502590
I think they're pretty cool and might be down for a sample set myself! So just to be clear, one sample set includes 15 total chips? Correct?

Total cost including tariff and shipping from China, plus shipping from Sean - I've been estimating around 0.32-0.34 after everything. So let's say Est. Cost $8-10. Sound good?

@FDLmold But I LOVE yours! What if you hate mine? And what about those that don't have a set in this Group Buy? Would you reconsider selling even if there is nothing to trade? Seriously, I'd bet 10-20 people (maybe more) will want a sample of this beautiful tribute set.

@FDLmold But I LOVE yours! What if you hate mine? And what about those that don't have a set in this Group Buy? Would you reconsider selling even if there is nothing to trade? Seriously, I'd bet 10-20 people (maybe more) will want a sample of this beautiful tribute set.
Sure. $10.08 shipped for the full 8 chip sample. I can do that. PM me for details if you see this and want one.

I understand this thread is currently for owners.

As a buyer, I'd like one of every publicly offered sample set available. I've already PMed several, but will wait until I see what pops up here and PM the rest. Obviously happy to pay for your efforts, as that's why I enjoy custom samples.

Also, I plan on trying to do some additional things with custom displays like cut cards. For those who sell a sample of their card mold customs, I'll get some out to you free whenever I get those together (it's going to be quite awhile, plan for most displays going up is 2021).

I think they're pretty cool and might be down for a sample set myself! So just to be clear, one sample set includes 15 total chips? Correct?

Total cost including tariff and shipping from China, plus shipping from Sean - I've been estimating around 0.32-0.34 after everything. So let's say Est. Cost $8-10. Sound good?

Yes, a full sample set includes all 15 chips. I would be willing to do samples of individual sets if anyone is interested.

Sounds good :tup:

is this a real thing? Sunflys? Something I or others can get in on? Love It!
If you're asking about getting a whole set, rather than a sample set, you need to go to this thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/custom-artwork-group-buy-us-can-cards-mold.58260/

We just passed the deadline for new art, but I think this set is allowing others to use it to place their own order. Check with @SeanGecko on the link above, or PM @FDLmold to ask if he is sharing his art.

Oh, and yes, the Cards mold chips are similar to a chip that Sunfly makes. We are dealing directly with the manufacturer in China, so if you're in a big hurry, this is not the deal for you.

If you're asking about getting a whole set, rather than a sample set, you need to go to this thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/custom-artwork-group-buy-us-can-cards-mold.58260/

We just passed the deadline for new art, but I think this set is allowing others to use it to place their own order. Check with @SeanGecko on the link above, or PM @FDLmold to ask if he is sharing his art.

Oh, and yes, the Cards mold chips are similar to a chip that Sunfly makes. We are dealing directly with the manufacturer in China, so if you're in a big hurry, this is not the deal for you.

I’m interested in a full set... but can’t be bothered to catch up on 51 pages of thread. @FDLmold if you have an option for me to piggyback on your order, send me a pm. Thanks

Yeah, sure, why not? I’ll offer up my 39mm cards mold chips for sample sets.

Quicksilver-75 Mockup - GREEN v3.JPGQuicksilver-75 Mockup - ORANGE v3.JPGQuicksilver-75 Mockup - BLUE v3.JPGQuicksilver-75 Mockup - PINK v3.JPGQuicksilver-75 Mockup - YELLOW v3.JPGQuicksilver-75 Mockup - BLACK v3.JPGQuicksilver-75 Mockup - WHITE v3.JPG

The Nuts Poker Room cash set

800 chip set: $0.05 x 200 ... $0.25 x 200 ... $1 x 200 ... $2 x 100 ... $5 x 60 ... $20 x 30 ... $100 x 10

I also have two 60mm dealer button designs that can accompany this sample set if desired.

The Nuts - Black DB.JPGThe Nuts - Red DB.JPG

I’m planning to give away a number of these sample sets to certain PCFers and friends outside of PCF, and I don’t collect sample sets myself, so I’m not interested in trading for others sample sets. Not sure about price yet, but my first guess is I would want $10 shipped to make it worth shipping out sample sets. Price would be higher if a dealer button were added, obviously.

Last edited:
K3FNKqc.png

My set is Cedar Ridge. I plan to give away my samples, for the most part. I plan on having 10 sample sets available for sale or contest fodder. I'd ask likely between $7-12 shipped per sample. I also plan to have a few buttons available if anyone is interested. I'm gonna try to keep it cheap.

I've got 1000 chips.

260 x T25
260 x T100
140 x T500
220 x T1K
120 x T5K

10 x Dealer Buttons (from the BRPro GB)

EDIT : it's important to point out I had no prior intention to have samples. I was going to keep the extras. I really didn't think any one person was going to like my idea. I've also had a couple peeps reach out for samples. I'm quite flattered and happy to take part in this

Last edited:
I will have one set of samples for trade, and one for sale.

FOR TRADE
My grandfather was the pinochle king of the Old Country (I come from thoroughbred gambling stock on both sides, however much of a donkey I am). I love the look of the old Horseshoe chips, figured it would be a great way to honor a man who was a huge influence in my life.
ArminsHorseshoeSampleCopy-01.png

FOR SALE
I had a little "presale" of sorts on these, I guess, so it wouldn't really be fair for me to offer these for anything but sale lol. Was originally going to limit it to that thread, but now that this has popped up I figure why not. Will have a very limited number of samples of these, depending on breakage. No more than 5, I'd reckon. These were inspired by @GetUrShineBox. Started with only the Billy Batts all-in chip, flew from there. Since I offered these already for "pre"sale, I gotta make that an exclusive group and give em props for being in from the ground floor. I'll likely ask in the ballpark of ~$12.

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 2.53.55 PM.png

I will have one set of samples for trade, and one for sale.

FOR TRADE
My grandfather was the pinochle king of the Old Country (I come from thoroughbred gambling stock on both sides, however much of a donkey I am). I love the look of the old Horseshoe chips, figured it would be a great way to honor a man who was a huge influence in my life.
View attachment 502831

FOR SALE
I had a little "presale" of sorts on these, I guess, so it wouldn't really be fair for me to offer these for anything but sale lol. Was originally going to limit it to that thread, but now that this has popped up I figure why not. Will have a very limited number of samples of these, depending on breakage. No more than 5, I'd reckon. These were inspired by @GetUrShineBox. Started with only the Billy Batts all-in chip, flew from there. Since I offered these already for "pre"sale, I gotta make that an exclusive group and give em props for being in from the ground floor. I'll likely ask in the ballpark of ~$12.

View attachment 502832
Is the trade just other card mold samples? Or any sample? Expressing interest in the one available, if there's a way to finagle it out of your hands.

Is the trade just other card mold samples? Or any sample? Expressing interest in the one available, if there's a way to finagle it out of your hands.
Don't worry friend you'll surely have one, I'll message you in our lammer chat shortly :tup:

I think some of you are misunderstanding the purpose of this thread. The intention is to find out how large the interest is in obtaining your sample sets while we still have time to increase our order sizes. If you only have a few samples available, and you're not willing to increase your order, that's fine, and you can still post here. But I think we are going to have a lot of disappointed members, and it's going to be up to each of you to decide how you are going to distribute, let's say 5 sets, among 20 people who want one.

And as far as trading, I don't know how you plan to work that out either. Some of you only have 5-6 piece cards mold sets, while others have 15+ chips, and some of us have plaques and bounty chips that cost more than cards mold chips. That was the reason I asked each person to assign a dollar value to their sample set. That way if one person feels their set is worth $5 and someone else feels their much larger set is worth $15, each of them could still obtain the other one's set in a fair and equitable manner. And those who don't have a set in this group buy can also participate.

I think some of you are misunderstanding the purpose of this thread. The intention is to find out how large the interest is in obtaining your sample sets while we still have time to increase our order sizes. If you only have a few samples available, and you're not willing to increase your order, that's fine, and you can still post here. But I think we are going to have a lot of disappointed members, and it's going to be up to each of you to decide how you are going to distribute, let's say 5 sets, among 20 people who want one.

And as far as trading, I don't know how you plan to work that out either. Some of you only have 5-6 piece cards mold sets, while others have 15+ chips, and some of us have plaques and bounty chips that cost more than cards mold chips. That was the reason I asked each person to assign a dollar value to their sample set. That way if one person feels their set is worth $5 and someone else feels their much larger set is worth $15, each of them could still obtain the other one's set in a fair and equitable manner. And those who don't have a set in this group buy can also participate.
I just assumed changing my order a week after sending Sean my breakdown would cause more work for him lol. If that isn't the case, ignore my point about limited quantities.

Though, wouldn't we have to gauge interest pretty quickly if we wanted to change quantities we already sent? This is my first GB so forgive if I'm wet behind the ears

I just assumed changing my order a week after sending Sean my breakdown would cause more work for him lol. If that isn't the case, ignore my point about limited quantities.

Though, wouldn't we have to gauge interest pretty quickly if we wanted to change quantities we already sent? This is my first GB so forgive if I'm wet behind the ears
That's a great question, and I don't know the answer. My first group buy too, so I just assumed that prior to production increasing an order (more money to the manufacturer) would not be a problem. Maybe it is. @SeanGecko - Did I screw things up royally by posting this???

Also, we have quite a few replies already. I was going to tag a few that I see who have posted art in other threads, but not posted here yet. Then planning to post the spreadsheet tonight and open up the requests from everyone who wants the sets. Yes, time is of the essence. but some of us still don't even have final art, so I think there is still time. I plan to post my own art later today, even if it's not yet completely final.

All had issue with some of the art being readable but not downloadable on Tina's side, I emailed the people involved. AI is better fyi.

I was hoping I might have final art now, but it won't be ready until sometime next week. This is pretty close. You'll see that the Texas icon is a little different on some of the chips. The one on the $500 and $5000 are the likely final version pending seeing sample print pics.

v3-Texas Flood Poker Club_Lineup.jpg

In addition to these 7 chips, I will have two plaques, 50K and 100K which will be included in the sample set, plus a Bounty chip on a 43mm flat ceramic chip. I should be able to get this set out for about $10 or so.

There is also going to be a Dealer button. I'm not tracking DB requests on this thread since @Himewad has another thread for samples of those. To avoid confusion or possible double ordering, please go to the DB sample thread to request a Dealer Button for any of these sets.

DB thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ompany-the-us-can-cards-mold-group-buy.59048/

Jeez would be pretty shitty of me to demand samples and not offer em huh? Two sets (cash & tourney) below, totaling 9 chips.

I won't sell any samples, you can either trade me or take a set for free. Original artwork 100% by Eloe2000 and Timinator, who were kind enough to give me the designs fully finished.

1596698249880.png

1596698137152.png

@TX_Golf_N_Poker Honestly I would be happy to, but I sent in my order a while ago with the quantities listed on the AI file itself and I only ordered enough extras for a couple people that I already earmarked. I am an idiot and always under order on these things. I had made two changes to the artwork already and had to keep resubmitting to Sean and didn't want to make him crazy with another file/order change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom