Upcoming Leave Of Absence (1 Viewer)

We’ve all been there. I even wrote a post like yours in another forum (forumS?) when I went through a lay off. You’ll wind up better on the other side.

Here’s to hoping you come back after your time away, re-read this post and think, “Man, that was all for nothing” and laugh it off.

GL and best wishes! Keep your head up if not for anyone but your wife and kids. God doesn’t give us anything we can’t handle.

Congratulations on #2 coming! Incredible news.

I've got no doubt in my mind that you'll be back on your feet before you know it.

I feel for you Joe. Lost my job after 10 yrs and several moves across country for them after only a month of this shit, despite being told several times that “you technical guys are safe, can’t afford to lose your expertise”. But none of that matters to the finance guys that ultimately make all the decisions when any company is losing money.

I wish you all the best and know you’ll likely end up better off after this. It’s hard to see now through the anger and betrayal, but shit like this can often open you up to opportunities you never would have considered previously.

And one grown-ass adult to another, we can absolutely call things even now. I’ve got to remake the blanks anyway due the issue I told you about, so seriously, you’re not hurting me in the least if you decide that money is better spent elsewhere. Your family comes first, always.

Also, and most importantly, congrats on the upcoming kiddo!

Very very sorry to hear this Joe , but I hope you can stay optimistic and have trust in the process. Congratulations on the #2 , try to focus on that.
Eventually you will end up at a better place , and laugh about this even though it seems really like difficult time now.

F*ck Covid.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the kinds words, messages, and support.

Over the course of the weekend, I plan on getting back to everyone.

Thank you again to everyone that's reached out here and privately.

Quick but incomplete update for anyone that cares:

I still don't know where exactly I will be working, but some news I got today sealed that I will at least still be employed somewhere. My current employers came to an agreement to maintain their presence in buildings that are being taken over by a different operator. In discussing with my immediate boss during my annual review last week, she stated that she had back up plans to find work for us in these buildings provided that these aforementioned agreements were finalized. These agreements will be finalized tomorrow or the next day at the latest.

Even if the new owners of my current building do not have any plans to retain us long term (we have a conference call first thing Thursday morning when they officially take over) and don't want to hire us to stay in my current building, I will be able to stay with my current company but working in a different building.

So basically I'll at least have stable guaranteed gainful employment somewhere, but I just don't know exactly where yet. You aren't getting rid of me just yet!

Congrats on the news of an upcoming new child, and best of luck with the new job search. Exciting times! :tup:

Every time I changed employers -- at least eight times over the past 40 years -- it always turned out to be an improvement. In my experience, the bark of changing jobs is worse than the bite.
This.

My wife was unceremoniously laid off after 10 years with her company due to COVID. She is in a better situation now.

Congrats on the little one. All my best wishes to you and your family.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom