• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Unusable mix of cool H-mold chips (1 Viewer)

1565800720153.png

I think those belonged to the guy that wrote this blog post:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/host-a-successful-texas-hold-em-poker-party.44649/

"In our first game, we decided that every chip was worth $1, no matter the color. In our second game, we used $1 (white) and $2 (every other color) denominations."

I went to a game once that did that: 5 different colors, but everything was $1. Of course, ran out of chips and starting using a mix of cash and chips. I made a few hundred dollars, but still never went back.

I can't see how this set could be useful other than the same setup, all are worth the same amount. Other than that, it's a large sample set that tilts me.

Normally you’d think the salesman (salesperson, sorry) would just have one of each, but maybe they were leaving clients with sample sets and so had to have 10-15 multiples of each on hand.

I went to a game once that did that: 5 different colors, but everything was $1.

Back in the poker boom days when every bro had a dice chip set on their shelf, we used to run into the impromptu 11-man $20, winner-take-all ring game where there were 7 colors of dice chips, but of course, "Why not make 'em all worth 1???" Well, genius, there are 200 chips here. We're in for $220. No blind progression, just slug it out at $1/2 until it was over.

Painful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom