Unnamed Virus/Zombies Take Over the World. Which PCFers You Got?!?! (1 Viewer)

BarrieJ3

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I know more than I ever need to know about how you all feel about viruses, government responses, media coverage, political beliefs, etc. But out of that, we came across this topic (it's a couple of posts down the page for reference) https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/anyone-worried-about-coronavirus.51925/page-17#post-1018389.

Virus hits, countries crumble, you fly out to live on an offshore rig of some sort (oil?). You can live for decades on this, with sealife for sustenance, desalination on hand for water, etc. It's located so that you have time to pick up 5 PCFers to take with you. Who you got?

(Tell us the whys obviously. And for the sake of the thread, let's say that there is room for their immediate family if need be.)

Last edited:
I'll go. I haven't met a ton of you, so my answer is probably limited.

I'm going @Leonard, as he's probably one of the more chill and most giving people I've encountered. You need some people to not be abrasive and able to get along with others. Plus with a medical background, you know he's going to have general knowledge that can come quite in handy. He's in bed by 7 pm though, so we're extra short handed for late night games.

@ekricket is someone I'm pulling, because I need to have someone handy. There are several people that post regularly in table builds and such, and he seems to have a pretty great knowledgebase, can't hurt to have someone with solid life experience.

@detroitdad simply because he always seems to have at least a little perspective. I don't really know anyone here super personally, but Bill seems to have a pretty damn good stranglehold on the importance of family, relationships, honesty, and all that other bullshit. Good to have people you *know* are good people.

@DrStrange because duh. If anyone's solving this crisis it's him. Plus probably acts as a good adjudicator for the group. Shoot at this point, we have a pretty damn eloquent group going.

I'm not sure of the fifth yet. Probably anybody could fit in with this group socially. I guess I'd be looking for a slightly younger chipper, maybe even someone with young kids to help learn and grow with mine. Although some of the above certainly have grandchildren (Bill at least) that we might have on board. @k9dr maybe, for the table, chips, razzing, and of course knowledge in treatments, meds, etc. Maybe a non USer, or at least someone who speaks 4-5 relevant languages. Also, an engineer would be pretty vital.

Last edited:
How about room for chips? How many sets? That's the real question.
I mean you'll have a room. One table. Room for sets. I feel like I got some good chips in the room between my group, at least leonard and mark alone. I'm sure kevin, bill, and drstrange bring quite a bit as well.

I mean you'll have a room. One table. Room for sets. I feel like I got some good chips in the room between my group, at least leonard and mark alone. I'm sure kevin, bill, and drstrange bring quite a bit as well.

Can I save someone's set without saving them? Or am I restricted to the sets that the people I save only?

Figure you and Ben probably only take up one spot (nice advantage, could have 7 handed games). Hmmm Ben's probably pretty useful with the skillset and is beyond amicable. Ben I'll come pick you and Ronoh up on the chopper to join our rig, we'd be 8 handed and can cover any need that would pop up!
Oh cool, then I can add @Nuhockey!

I'll go. I haven't met a ton of you, so my answer is probably limited.

I'm going @Leonard, as he's probably one of the more chill/giving people I've encountered. You need some people to not be abrasive and able to get along with others. Plus with a medical background, you know he's going to have general knowledge that can come quite in handy.

@ekricket is someone I'm pulling, because I need to have someone handy. There are several people that post regularly in table builds and such, and he seems to have a pretty great knowledgebase, can't hurt to have someone with solid life experience.

@detroitdad simply because he always seems to have at least a little perspective. I don't really know anyone here super personally, but Bill seems to have a pretty damn good stranglehold on the importance of family, relationships, honesty, and all that other bullshit. Good to have people you know are good people.

@DrStrange because duh. I don't much about him, but he seems to have a background and eleoquent way of speaking that at least my wife will have someone to speak and share ideas with outside of the rest of us numbskulls. Actually, at this point, I think I've put together a pretty eloquent and well spoken table. Is this a poker or philosophy group?

I'm not sure of the fifth yet. Probably anybody could fit in with this group socially. I guess I'd be looking for a slightly younger chipper, maybe even someone with young kids to help learn and grow with mine. Although some of the above certainly have grandchildren (Bill at least) that we might have on board. @k9dr maybe, for the table, chips, razzing, and of course knowledge in treatments, meds, etc. Maybe a non USer, or at least someone who speaks 4-5 relevant languages. Also, an engineer would be pretty vital.

I’m a Chemical Engineer as well, so making stuff with all that oil is no prob.

Definitely not taking @CraigT78 @BarrieJ3 or @detroitdad

All the 'medicinal' alcohol would be gone in four days.
I was actually really wanting you and Fran on my list, but then I thought who I would kick out, and the answer was me. Maybe you can just stop at Costco on the way to the oil rig.... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I’m a Chemical Engineer as well, so making stuff with all that oil is no prob.
I think we make it for awhile. Great social group, great chips, several drs, engineer, biologist. From what I've seen and hear, all the wives are pretty badass as well.

I might just start looking up Oil Rig Poker Vacation Destinations now for a mini meetup...

Not to derail The thread but do the generators on the rigs fun on raw crude...or do they require refined fuel. If they require fuel then your stay will be limited by your fuel....I don’t think decades...I assume the generators would be needed for the desalination. Never researched the infrastructure of an oil rig...maybe I’m way off

This one is easy for me.

@liftapint - The nicest chipper that I have met. Amazing chips and tables (including a blackjack table and slot machines). Shared love of good beer.
@navels - Really good dude. Amazing chips (fucking Lakeshores!!! and the rest)
@Josh Kifer - Every A-Team needs a "Howling Mad" Murdock. :D And we have a scary amount of things in common. :confused
@RocAFella1 - Amazing chips. Shared love of good Whisky. Similar sense of humor.
@BonScot - Should be self explanatory. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Not to derail The thread but do the generators on the rigs fun on raw crude...or do they require refined fuel. If they require fuel then your stay will be limited by your fuel....I don’t think decades...I assume the generators would be needed for the desalination. Never researched the infrastructure of an oil rig...maybe I’m way off
Some use undersea cables, others are connected to wind farms (I don’t know how well those work though, and once they go down, doubt we’re repairing). The goal would be to have a suitable one chosen beforehand, that speaks to your needs. Running the rig itself is actually the least important component, and one of the most difficult aspects as well. How the desalination is run is obviously extremely important. As is choosing one that is not in difficult outdoor/wind/sea conditions 12 months out of the year.

This one is easy for me.

@liftapint - The nicest chipper that I have met. Amazing chips and tables (including a blackjack table and slot machines). Shared love of good beer.
@Josh Kifer - Every A-Team needs a "Howling Mad" Murdock. :D And we have a scary amount of things in common. :confused
@RocAFella1 - Amazing chips. Shared love of good Whisky. Similar sense of humor.
I don't know what pets @RocAFella1 and @BonScot have...but between the rest of us, we would have some awesome doggies on the rig too!

This one is easy for me.

Not a bad crew, I dig it. But jeeeezus, how much beer do plan on bringing on that chopper?

Hopefully someone in your crew has experience brewing. Even then, producing and harvesting enough hops would be pretty damn difficult.

This one is easy for me.

Ah good pick with @BonScot! Its so hard to pick only 5 people lol my list would be like 100 long and I'd have to start pushing people in line out of the way lol (but I'd also feel very morally wrong about that)

Not a bad crew, I dig it. But jeeeezus, how much beer do plan on bringing on that chopper?

Hopefully someone in your crew has experience brewing. Even then, producing and harvesting enough hops would be pretty damn difficult.
I use to homebrew and distill. We can make it work. I have never used seaweed or kelp as the starch, but desperate times...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom