Unique 4200 Racks - Poor QC? (1 Viewer)

swana

Straight
Reaction score
Was super excited to get this package... 25 Unique 4200 racks. Unfortunately, every single last one of them is damaged. Nothing crazy but there are 2 jagged little chips on one side of every rack. The damage to the rack is enough to make me think it might catch or wreck my felt if slid across it in any way... I ordered 5 additional racks just in case some broke in transit (a bunch of them certainly picked up some wear and tear from transit which was expected)... but damn. Colour me disappointed as I'm pretty sure the defects I'm talking about did not occur in transit.

On a positive note, Kathy was a pleasure to deal with, package got sent out right away, no issues with customer service, just the condition in which the product was received.
20221028_145545.jpg
20221028_153212.jpg

If I'm looking at it right, it looks like that was the design, very hard to tell from the pic, but the chip is so uniform

I’m pretty sure mine have those too. They face outwards and so shouldn’t contact any chips. I thought it was just a consequence of their manufacturing process.

They indeed look too consistent to be damage…
First time I see these kind of marks tbh..’how much were the rack & shipping if I may ask ?

I’m pretty sure mine have those too. They face outwards and so shouldn’t contact any chips. I thought it was just a consequence of their manufacturing process.
Yes. Looks like it's part of the manufacturing process... just surprised it is so rough. When I run my fingers over it is quite jagged... my biggest concern is wrecking my felt if I drag the rack across it. I'm not so fussed about the aesthetic. They fit a barrel of newish THC snuggly so love that.

Last edited:
They indeed look too consistent to be damage…
First time I see these kind of marks tbh..’how much were the rack & shipping if I may ask ?
Oh boy... they are $4 pop but with shipping to Canada and duties they ended up costing me about double that.

Agreed on the felt concern, I think I might have damaged mine a bit with those. But nothing that can't be easily filed off (the plastic, not felt damage).

Agreed on the felt concern, I think I might have damaged mine a bit with those. But nothing that can't be easily filed off (the plastic, not felt damage).
What did you use to file the plastic?

Oh boy... they are $4 pop but with shipping to Canada and duties they ended up costing me about double that.
Not surprising. When ordering out of the states I usually count on double the US price. Shipping screws us, not in a good way.

There is the same « damage » on all of my Unique racks. But they are new and the chips fit perfectly. So I can do with but yes, it would have been better without this « default »

There is the same « damage » on all of my Unique racks. But they are new and the chips fit perfectly. So I can do with but yes, it would have been better without this « default »
Agree that the chips fit perfectly in the rack. No issue there at all! After smoothing out the "defects" with some sand paper I'm fine with everything...

Did it scratch the plastic?
A little bit... so little in fact it's hard to see in the picture. And I wasn't exactly using surgical precision wiith the sand paper. To me, the smoothing out the rough edge was 100x more important than some very light scratching to the rack.
20221030_111728.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom