Unfinished Basement Ideas (1 Viewer)

LetsGoBroncos

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey all! I am trying to make my unfinished basement a bit nicer to play cards/hang out in. Looking for some inspiration so please share any final product pictures or fun amazon purchases that helped bring your spaces together.

Cheers.

Cheers my friend!!

Just fyi, I am from CO and we know better than to advertise for the Donkeys.:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Other than that...you seem pretty okay. :tup:

20201030_152546.jpg

How "unfinished"? Have you at least got a slab? Or is that considered part of the definition of "Unfinished basement"? - as opposed to "crawlspace".

Started finishing my basement in May of this year. It’s almost done. About 950 sqft. Full bedroom with walk in closet, full bathroom, wet bar and a nice sized family room that, hopefully once this virus bs is over can hold plenty of poker games.
My daughters couldn’t wait to take over the space once the carpet was put in!
B87DB675-53FB-4368-ACB8-137BFFA4063A.jpeg

45977D9B-6C80-491A-9A97-505185006186.jpeg

I’ll try and get some better pics in a few weeks once the bathroom and wet bar are finished.

Had plans on finishing my basement poker area years ago. Started adding decor to the walls and getting comfortable down there so here we are 18 years later and still unfinished. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Pictures are from last night and not set up for cards unfortunately. The couch gets moved out and replaced with the poker table and the hanging Bud fixture gets lowered closer to the table top on game nights.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

May latest purchase last month. A neon WPT clock that I absolutely love.
6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Here's a pic. with the table in place.
Lighting.jpg

White Drylok paint on the walls. Reasonably cheap and makes the space a whole lot brighter

It's just money...basements usd to be $25-$35 a square foot. . That's just walls and some electirical with light plumbing. A lot of of people refinance the house to pay for the basements. I at one time wanted to start a remodeling company because the basement finishing payed so well. My wife refused so I opened up a cabinet shop. I love finishing basements...

Bought a cheap boat to fix up yesturday. Think I'm gonna like it more

Last edited:
Had plans on finishing my basement poker area years ago. Started adding decor to the walls and getting comfortable down there so here we are 18 years later and still unfinished. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Pictures are from last night and not set up for cards unfortunately. The couch gets moved out and replaced with the poker table and the hanging Bud fixture gets lowered closer to the table top on game nights.

View attachment 568829

View attachment 568831

View attachment 568832

View attachment 568833

View attachment 568834

View attachment 568835

View attachment 568838

View attachment 568839

View attachment 568841
Nice table!

• Love
Reactions: 72o
And I'm sitting over here with a finished loft, for which I'm paying crazy taxes. :( But it'll come in handy when the kids are older and I get booted up there for the office.

Can't give up the storage space of the basement since the attic is finished. The thing is, finished basements will get way more use! Everything revolves around the kitchen, and so the space on the kitchen floor gets used the most, and the basement is usually quick 1 set of stairs away.

View attachment 568829

View attachment 568831

View attachment 568832

View attachment 568833

View attachment 568834

View attachment 568835

View attachment 568838

View attachment 568839

View attachment 568841

So much potential Alan :), when you win the lottery :) Love that table. Classy, and doesn't hide the chips.

• Love
Reactions: 72o
So much potential Alan :), when you win the lottery :) Love that table. Classy, and doesn't hide the chips.
Thank you so much, Adam! I appreciate that. Yeah I personally feel that poker tables should be monochrome in color. I get easily confused and don’t want to lose the colorful chippies on the table. It doesn’t make for the most pleasing looking table but it functions well.

Show off! :meh: Hahaha
That's why you do a portion of the work yourself...so you can afford a big ass slab of quartz for your peeps to drink around. :) Less than $20k spent finishing 1800 square feet. Seriously though, you can end up with a top quality basement if you subcontract (or do) a portion of it yourself. :)

That's why you do a portion of the work yourself...so you can afford a big ass slab of quartz for your peeps to drink around. :) Less than $20k spent finishing 1800 square feet. Seriously though, you can end up with a top quality basement if you subcontract (or do) a portion of it yourself. :)
Seriously? That’s amazing! It cost me $30k to finish mine! I had to sub most of it out though. I put the insulation in, hung the doors, base and case and painted. But I also had to put in a separate HVAC unit and that was $7k alone.

My drywall became my Wall of Fame. I can never finish my basement now.

View attachment 568677

Some of the people have since passed so those names can never be replaced. You can see how it has filled in over the years.

View attachment 568678
Love the idea! Looks like a great space.

Space size and wants?
Already have a decent table and chairs covered, looking for good lighting options and decor ideas to bring the space together. Anything sports related works really well with my crowd. Sizing would be approximately 30 ft by 30 ft for that area. Thanks for the reply! :)

How "unfinished"? Have you at least got a slab? Or is that considered part of the definition of "Unfinished basement"? - as opposed to "crawlspace".
Got a slab, unfinished in terms of walls, sufficient lighting etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom