Unconventional Breakdown (1 Viewer)

Sparkynutz

Flush
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
I am strongly considering an unconventional breakdown cash set for many reasons.
1c
10c
50c
Will be used for $2 buy in micro family circus games.
10c
50c
$2
$10
Will be used for 10c/20c Circus games with $2 max bets
I may also have a barrel of $50 chips just incase.

I will not be mixing any common denom chips while this set is in play.
If we play 5c/10c or 25c/50c cash games I will use a different cash set with
standard colors and common denoms that night.

What colors would you use for each?
I'm thinking-
1c White with Blaze Orange spots
10c Blaze Orange with Dark Grey spots
50c Flourescent pink with Black spots
$2 Lime green with Purple spots
$10 Bright blue with Pink spots
$50 Bright purple with White spots.

No red, green or black since I don't want any confusion from standard chip set that may be used occasionally.
Flashy with good contrast, possibly flourescent maybe. I'd like to stick with common color or variation of if there is one for these less common denominations.

Is there a rule of thumb for spot color? Does using orange spots on a white chip with white spots on an orange chip cause confusion?

Last edited:
Realized after posting this it should probably be in chip design or similar category. If someone can move it or delete it and I'll repost there.

I'm thinking-
1c White with Blaze Orange spots
10c Blaze Orange with white spots
50c Flourescent pink with Orange spots
$2 Lime green with purple for sure
$10 Bright blue with pink spots
$50 Bright purple with Lime green spots.

No red, green or black since I don't want any confusion from standard chip set that may be used occasionally.
Flashy with good contrast, possibly flourescent maybe. I'd like to stick with common color or variation of if there is one for these less common denominations.

Is there a rule of thumb for spot color? Does using orange spots on a white chip with white spots on an orange chip cause confusion?

The two highlighted combos may cause a lot of frustration with you and your players.
Lots of dirty stacks and "whoops, I bet $60 instead of $12..."

Don't use the same color combo for 2 chips that will be on the table at the same time.
Even if the spot patterns are different, it can get very confusing.

The two highlighted combos may cause a lot of frustration with you and your players.
Lots of dirty stacks and "whoops, I bet $60 instead of $12..."

Don't use the same color combo for 2 chips that will be on the table at the same time.
Even if the spot patterns are different, it can get very confusing.
I was thinking that too. Do you have a suggestion for spot colors?
Use the spot color of next chip?

So many factors to consider.
Are you getting custom chips made?
If so, ceramic or clay?
If you are going with conventional spot types, I recommend playing with the CPC Design Tool.
You can mess around with color combos and spot types, and if you want advice, you can post a mockup:

Bubby'sRoomcaliv7.png

So many factors to consider.
Are you getting custom chips made?
If so, ceramic or clay?
If you are going with conventional spot types, I recommend playing with the CPC Design Tool.
You can mess around with color combos and spot types, and if you want advice, you can post a mockup:

View attachment 1097294
Not sure yet. Just getting ideas.
I tried that tool a few times but must be doing something wrong because I could never get the results I wanted didn't seem to be available options.
Will revise original post with new color ideas.

Not sure yet. Just getting ideas.
I tried that tool a few times but must be doing something wrong because I could never get the results I wanted didn't seem to be available options.
What results were you trying to get?
It may be because you are trying to make spots or use colors that CPC doesn't offer...
If you are looking for Paulson options, use the Paulson Poker Chip Tool.
A lot more color and spot options, but very difficult to get an set made...unless you have boat loads of cash. And some connections.

What results were you trying to get?
It may be because you are trying to make spots or use colors that CPC doesn't offer...
If you are looking for Paulson options, use the Paulson Poker Chip Tool.
A lot more color and spot options, but very difficult to get an set made...unless you have boat loads of cash. And some connections.
Paulson was the one I was trying.
I'll try CPC you linked. I thought it was the same.
I like the idea of Greek mold, no mold or possibly ceramic but first choice would be acorns type mold if I could find it and add a pair after Sparky to the logo as well.

CPC does no mold, Greek mold (Large Greek Key, Medium Greek Key) are unavailable, not sure about an acorn mold?

CPC does no mold, Greek mold (Large Greek Key, Medium Greek Key) are unavailable, not sure about an acorn mold?
Not having any luck adding more than one chip to the set. It keeps saying overwrite? Add not option. I can save as a different set but don't think that's correct.

Last edited:
Not having any luck adding more than one chip to the set. It keeps saying overwrite? Add not option. I can save as a different set but don't think that's correct.
Click on the main chip that you are working on. Should get a dropdown menu that has save as new, or save as a #.

Yes, after creating a chip double tap on the chip and “save as new”, then you can change the pattern and colors on that same chip after saving it and when you’re done with second chip design “save as new” again. You’ll see them at the bottom of the page as you’re saving along.

1678562359234.png

Nope. I have them all saved and nothing shows up. If I resave it asks if I want to replace. Tried that too.
Screenshot_20230311-140153_Chrome.jpg

Edit nvm gotta click on picture a couple times and a menu showed up to save it not as a set like on the left.

Guess I have to redo them all since I saved them all in their own individual sets and I don't see a way to bring a chip from one set into another.

Yes! I struggled with the same issue and kept saving each chip individually (on the side) not knowing I had to work on the same chip/file to have the whole lineup under one file

White is the Vegas standard for a $1.

When I played with a white frac I found it did trip me up from time to time
I really want a white chip with orange spots in the set somewhere and it does typically stand for a $1, but since there will be no $1 in the set it shouldn't be too confusing.... Hopefully. Plus it will be basically used as 1c it will be used the most often when playing micro stakes with only fracs on the table.
Or maybe there's another awesome color that would replace it?

When you were using white as a frac, was there also $1 chips in play?

Last edited:
Guess I have to redo them all since I saved them all in their own individual sets and I don't see a way to bring a chip from one set into another.

Go to around the 4:45 mark. You click on the chip and then save each chip individually.

When you were using white as a frac, was there also $1 chips in play?
Yes, they were blue? I think

It will likely be fine, just pointing it out so you can make a call, I don't think it will be too bad

Yes, they were blue? I think

It will likely be fine, just pointing it out so you can make a call, I don't think it will be too bad
After doing mockups I think they will be to close to the orange. What's another good color for a penny chip?

Did some more searching and found some Artichoke Joe's chips along with a few others in these denoms.

1c chip was red or orange so I'm thinking Blaze Orange.

10c Was Pink

50c was yellow in quite a few sets

Purple would look awesome next to yellow for a $2 and since a lime green may not contrast enough next to a yellow maybe I could put lime green spots on the whole set of chips or atleast the purple.

Stick with light blue $10 maybe?

Not sure how to add a label yet. I still need to make it. There will be a lot of grey or black with white so maybe I could simplify the spots or eliminate them all together by adding a blue lightning bolt design. The first and last chips I like the most. The other 3 colors don't seem to pop. Maybe it's just the screen.
41d7bdb7-f7ea-4ddf-862a-1574b91f1a2a.png

Hey, we are getting somewhere!

Two things:
1. add an inlay to the mockups. It helps to picture things correctly. If you don't have any designed, just use the stock CPC o es for now.

2. Change the background to something neutral...I prefer grey.

I like the idea of really large easy to read denominations but also a larger design to use for a table later would be cool. Any reason not to have each sides label different?

I like the idea of really large easy to read denominations but also a larger design to use for a table later would be cool. Any reason not to have each sides label different?
No reason the label can't be different on each side. Only issue would be if your chips colors aren't easily differentiable, then you rely on the label to spot the denomination, but if that's the case you have a different issue. I generally prefer labels to be the same on both sides, but that's just some weird preference for symmetry.

Be sure to check for potential dirty stack issues. Similar reds and blues going on can be tough especially for color blind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom