Wanted Ultra Sonic Machine - Hornady? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weckedy

Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Hey All,

I was wondering if anyone has an ultra sonic machine for sale? I have over 600 chips to clean, possibly more in the future, so an ultra sonic machine seems like a good investment. I know i can buy the Hornady ultra sonic machine on amazon, but figured i check here first.

Please let me know, thanks!

I just got one delivered today. I'm in San Jose. PM me, we can probably work something out.

I have the unit Tommy posted and like it a lot. Two heaters, lots of power, large capacity. Only minor issue is a couple tiny drain holes in the handles and occasionally if I'm messy the board would get wet and kick off (always worked again when dry). I closed the holes with a little silicone caulk and haven't had any problem since.

I just bought the one Tommy posted and Courage has. With nearly 3000 chips to clean, I'm looking forward to saving my hands and many hours of cleaning.

I have an RCBS and love it. Even has a drain which makes cleanup a breeze. I purchased mine a while back to clean range brass before reloading them. Now the cost is spread amongst two hobbies and also cleans jewelry well.

I have the same one Tommy posted as well, purchased from eBay recently. Amazon also carries the same 6L unit, but for a bit more.

If the reviews on Amazon are to be believed, I would be cautious in running the unit too long, or at least give it time between longer cycles to cool down. I've only used it once so far as a test (aluminum foil on a wire frame: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ultrasonic+cleaner+test), and it seemed to operate fine and passed the test. Hoping for the best with longevity.

I believe that all ultrasonic cleaners state they they should not be used for long periods. Go for 30 mins and give it a rest. Still much faster than a toothbrush

I believe that all ultrasonic cleaners state they they should not be used for long periods. Go for 30 mins and give it a rest. Still much faster than a toothbrush

I have used mine several times for more than 2 hours without issue. I never read instructions but so far so good.

Anxious to see your results with the machine. I forgot to ask you which chips you're cleaning with it...?

Lets see, one rack of outpost ones, one rack of outpost twos. and my 500ish count anchor paulsons.
Bone headed me, i forgot to take before cleaning pics ... but i will get the before oil and after oiling pics though!

Thanks for letting me rent out your cleaner again @RainmanTrail!

Lets see, one rack of outpost ones, one rack of outpost twos. and my 500ish count anchor paulsons.
Bone headed me, i forgot to take before cleaning pics ... but i will get the before oil and after oiling pics though!

Thanks for letting me rent out your cleaner again @RainmanTrail!

Did they turn out as you had hoped?

The outpost, yes!
For some reason my anchors has .. dry spots? Not sure how else to explain it ... Its like how some people have sun spots on thier face, except i have them on the chips.
Also, seems like my anchors has a lot more fading to it, then the outposts did. Weird ...

Nothing oil cant help though!

Finally had time to oil these chips and take some pics.
All in all, i cleaned about 800ish clips with @RainmanTrail's ultrasonic cleaner.

Top row is cleaned and oiled. Bottom is just cleaned, no oil.
HABT9ce.jpg

zRvs0gJ.jpg

Side by side comparison. Oiled on the right. No oil on the left.

Not much difference here ...
nG1VYXM.jpg

Pretty noticeable difference here.
86sgIAB.jpg

Pretty noticeable difference here too.
ntG2DU5.jpg

Not super noticeable here, but you can still tell ...
cd80Xzp.jpg

Biggest noticeable change in color are these guys. BIG Difference!
CqJWEXd.jpg

All in all, really happy with the results. Thanks again for renting out your cleaner to me @RainmanTrail !

I have a few questions for you guys that have experience with this - if you don't mind.
- What do you look for in a cleaner? Any certain specs? Cabela's has one for $110 that is 80W, the one linked to eBay above is 180W? For cleaning poker chips does it matter?
- What do you use for cleaning solution?
- Ever have any issues with Paulson chips and the labels? I have never soaked any of the chips I have cleaned before but cleaning them by hand is a real job.

Thanks
Bill

Finally had time to oil these chips and take some pics.
All in all, i cleaned about 800ish clips with @RainmanTrail's ultrasonic cleaner.

Top row is cleaned and oiled. Bottom is just cleaned, no oil.
HABT9ce.jpg

zRvs0gJ.jpg

Side by side comparison. Oiled on the right. No oil on the left.

Not much difference here ...
nG1VYXM.jpg

Pretty noticeable difference here.
86sgIAB.jpg

Pretty noticeable difference here too.
ntG2DU5.jpg

Not super noticeable here, but you can still tell ...
cd80Xzp.jpg

Biggest noticeable change in color are these guys. BIG Difference!
CqJWEXd.jpg

All in all, really happy with the results. Thanks again for renting out your cleaner to me @RainmanTrail !

Those Outpost deuces look absolutely stunning! Love the orange with gray spots, coupled to a very nice inlay that suits the chip well. I'm not good with identifying colors, are they blaze orange?

I have a few questions for you guys that have experience with this - if you don't mind.
- What do you look for in a cleaner? Any certain specs? Cabela's has one for $110 that is 80W, the one linked to eBay above is 180W? For cleaning poker chips does it matter?
- What do you use for cleaning solution?
- Ever have any issues with Paulson chips and the labels? I have never soaked any of the chips I have cleaned before but cleaning them by hand is a real job.

Thanks
Bill

I followed the instructions here: http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/ultrasonic-chip-cleaning.1691/
That thread will answer any and all questions you might have about ultrasonic cleaning.

Those Outpost deuces look absolutely stunning! Love the orange with gray spots, coupled to a very nice inlay that suits the chip well. I'm not good with identifying colors, are they blaze orange?

Not really sure about the paulson color, but hopefully someone with more knowledge on that can/will chime in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom