Two different colors for the Majestic CC $10 chip? (1 Viewer)

inthehiggs

Pair
Reaction score
So, for my cash set I have the blue $10 chips relabeled as .25 fracs instead of the salmon color. I recently ordered 25 more to finish out the rack of 75 I had (can anyone else not stand having a full rack?) and the 25 I received from Apache are a totally different color of blue than the ones I had.

Hoping someone can provide some insight into when they changed (and maybe why?) but also if anyone has any idea of how to acquire 25 of the older color?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 306CC237-CFE4-4878-9557-70B58C8C30D2.jpeg
    306CC237-CFE4-4878-9557-70B58C8C30D2.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 84
  • EAD9EBC7-912A-4FA1-B773-3B85A75247FC.jpeg
    EAD9EBC7-912A-4FA1-B773-3B85A75247FC.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 84CA533F-E1E7-4638-BBC8-0F00FEBA0DA4.jpeg
    84CA533F-E1E7-4638-BBC8-0F00FEBA0DA4.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 87
From what I remember from back in ~2013 with the CPS ordering, it was mentioned that because these are China Clays, you want to make sure to always order all at once for each color, otherwise this type of thing can happen from different "runs" of chips......thickness issues, color issues, etc etc...
Hopefully you can find someone with extras of the original color....

EDIT: Even during the CPS order (hundreds of thousands ordered), there were issues between runs of the same chip, so you'll see slightly different T1000 Yellows/Pinks and varying thicknesses.......so even then it wasn't fully preventable...
I feel like @BGinGA had been the most vocal about staying within a certain 'batch'/order for his order.

From what I remember from back in ~2013 with the CPS ordering, it was mentioned that because these are China Clays, you want to make sure to always order all at once for each color, otherwise this type of thing can happen from different "runs" of chips......thickness issues, color issues, etc etc...
Hopefully you can find someone with extras of the original color....

EDIT: Even during the CPS order (hundreds of thousands ordered), there were issues between runs of the same chip, so you'll see slightly different T1000 Yellows/Pinks and varying thicknesses.......so even then it wasn't fully preventable...
I feel like @BGinGA had been the most vocal about staying within a certain 'batch'/order for his order.
Thanks for the insight. I’m a complete newbie to chipping, and that makes complete sense. Sadly I bought a bunch of these used from here and this was the only one I had an off number of.

Future orders for myself I plan on always adding +25 to have a handful of extras if ever needed.

Is it the dark ones or the lighter ones you need? I've got a rack of of the darker ones (I believe) that I'm not using.

My apologies this has turned into an issue. (I was the seller)

I just bought more quarters than I needed. Racked the ones that I did need and put the extras of each away so it didn't bother me. Any time I had a chip crack or break, I just go to the "extra" pile. I also found out the less quarters I put on the table the more players play for $1 and $5. I didn't need near as many quarters as I had, even for two low limit tables.

Good luck with your search.

My apologies this has turned into an issue. (I was the seller)

I just bought more quarters than I needed. Racked the ones that I did need and put the extras of each away so it didn't bother me. Any time I had a chip crack or break, I just go to the "extra" pile. I also found out the less quarters I put on the table the more players play for $1 and $5. I didn't need near as many quarters as I had, even for two low limit tables.

Good luck with your search.
It’s no issue at all. I realistically will never get that many into play, and haven’t even had this rack with the others. It’s been sitting on a shelf and I figured I’d try to fill out the extra row of the rack when I was ordering others purely for my OCD lol. I think these are just going to just end up going into an extra case as extras.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom