Twitch Stream My Home Game? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hi dudes,

There has been some interest at my home game to live stream the game.
Just wondering who has experience streaming a live event.
This would just be for a goof, and add an extra layer of interest to the game.
Also, it would give the guys knocked -out early to occupy themselves with adding color commentary based on bitter jealousy and butt-hurtedness.

I have three 55" screens around the table so we could use one for chat feed etc.

If you have advice or suggestions I would appreciate.

I’m pretty sure a group around here (on PCF) has done a streaming thing but can’t recall any details about it.

It was either for a meetup or with a group of members who play together regularly. Maybe both.

It can be done, I have the plans and the source for the hardware. As mentioned though, not cheap.

Unfortunately no, lots of extra goes into this kind of build.

Even if I had substantially more money to put into this hobby (I don't), what possible good use could the RFID table be? You'd need the RFID cards, which are obtainable. You'd need the RFID chips, which I would have no idea if it would be obtainable. And then what?
Record? Then anyone who reviews the video will have an unfair advantage on future play, knowing everyone's hole cards and their betting ranges.
Stream? Can't do it live, or else some player(s) may be able to get real-time information about all hands. Delay? Maybe, but who's gonna watch it (besides maybe the scrub donkeys here)?
Sounds like an interesting but ultimately pointless project if all you do is home games.

Even if I had substantially more money to put into this hobby (I don't), what possible good use could the RFID table be? You'd need the RFID cards, which are obtainable. You'd need the RFID chips, which I would have no idea if it would be obtainable. And then what?
Record? Then anyone who reviews the video will have an unfair advantage on future play, knowing everyone's hole cards and their betting ranges.
Stream? Can't do it live, or else some player(s) may be able to get real-time information about all hands. Delay? Maybe, but who's gonna watch it (besides maybe the scrub donkeys here)?
Sounds like an interesting but ultimately pointless project if all you do is home games.
I would watch it if there was a good group of fun players and everyone can be heard on a microphone chatting. Also I’d be more interested getting to watch a PLO or mixed game stream over holdem.

You have valid points though, it’s a lot of money to invest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom