Twilight Zone Home Game (A Poker Story) (1 Viewer)

EricMichael

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Tonight my girlfriend and I were invited to a $20 buy-in home tournament at my buddys place. He said he was hosting for a few coworkers at his new job. I figured what the hell, so for $20 we were game.

My friends coworker, we will call Bill brought a giant case with *Dice Chips*. That should have been a red flag but I was content to play as he told me they've been playing a weekly home game for the past 6 years.

As Bill pulled out his table top felt, I asked what the structure was. Another guy we will call Bob told me the following:

- We will have 7 players tonight with my GF and I. The most they've had in a long time.
- We were using an app (not sure which) that calculates all the blinds and Antes.
- Blind limits 20 minutes.
- 7 hour structure.
- Blinds start at 100/200
- Starting Stack 332,000 Chips.... YES KIDDIES 332,000!!!!!
- 20 Of each 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000 TC.
- OH yeah... I forgot to mention that the Tournament was a NL Hold'em/NL Omaha High Dealers Choice.
- No need to color up Chips.
- Payouts 1st $80, 2nd $40 3rd $20

We started at 7 and ended at midnight after I legit busted everyone out but one guy I'll call Joe. I suggested we chop as everyone was exhausted. So for 5 hours I won $20 and saw how Uber casual players do it.

Side Note: The new people we met were great and extremely friendly. They invited my GF and I to attend their games weekly. But, The only way that will happen is if they agree to try a normal structure without adding Omaha to the mix. Otherwise we are definitely going to pass, but it was good to play live, work on reads, tells and other idiosyncrasies they are unaware of.

Cheers!

20210515_202950.jpg

What's wrong with Omaha being included? I don't like the idea that it is dealer's choice between just two games, but I've played in tournaments in the past where it was NLHE and PLO that switched games every blind level. Makes the boring NLHE tournaments almost worth playing ;)

What's wrong with Omaha being included? I don't like the idea that it is dealer's choice between just two games, but I've played in tournaments in the past where it was NLHE and PLO that switched games every blind level. Makes the boring NLHE tournaments almost worth playing ;)
Nothing particularly, I've just never seen it. I think my biggest issue was that blinds and antes were 1000/2000/200 after 4.5 hours of play.

I was literally betting 20k-40k pre flop to induce action.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom