Tweaking CPC orders? (1 Viewer)

Felt_Lizard

Flush
Reaction score
For those of you who've been down this road, you know there can be a substantial wait until the chips get made.

How many times have you added/changed/tweaked a submitted order while you were waiting for the mold rotation?

I tried to make a mold change, but was told I couldn’t as set-ups aren’t readily changeable.

All that waiting time does make you secoond guess right? I originally placed my order last December - and yesterday I submitted a substantial change. I think it's around the cutoff date for the mold (Horsehead), so probably no further changes :)

I placed an order last September and made one small modification within 2-3 weeks iirc. I’ve left it alone since. No idea when these will be made (H-molds); David seemed doubtful it would be before August.

Last edited:
Not taking advantage of @David Spragg 's responsiveness and kindness is important.
Don't do it unless you 're honestly struggling.
If something is possible, David will do it for you.
But it may not be possible, sometimes.

Pfffft. Paying $3 to $5 per chip, I'm making sure they are exactly what I want.

For those of you who've been down this road, you know there can be a substantial wait until the chips get made.

How many times have you added/changed/tweaked a submitted order while you were waiting for the mold rotation?
0 changes to any orders, at least 6 orders.

I placed several orders then ask some requests like " can we change color A to color B " then " my bad color A was better " and David was ok with that.
It's another story when you want to change molds though, but it's not a secret why, availability can be tricky.
@David Spragg do his best everytime as long as the production did not started (plus he helped me a lot with adobe illustrator for a hotstamp design) so I can't be happier with CPC experience so far. But you got to empathize as it can be exhausting when a guy made like 4-5+ changes, maybe the solution is to work your project deeper before placing an order and allow you a 1-2 changes max.

Easier said than done. The struggle is real with so much possibility, you don't want to feel like you've painted yourself into a corner. Good luck with your future designs everybody !

Not taking advantage of @David Spragg 's responsiveness and kindness is important.
Don't do it unless you 're honestly struggling.
If something is possible, David will do it for you.
But it may not be possible, sometimes.
To be absolutely cut throat honest, the prices for CPC chips warrant the most premium of service considering it’s a largely domestic market they are operating towards. Dropping $2-3K on poker chips, i should think that comes with a fair bit of good grace.

The wait can definitely make you second guess everything. I originally ordered a $25 but as the months went by I couldn't help but wonder if a $20 would work better. Decided to settle by getting both. ;)

The one change I made after submitting my order was changing the $25 to a $20. No ragrets!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom