Turbo Ceramic Chips (1 Viewer)

I just received a sample of Turbo Ceramics from The Poker Store. They have a nice texture, they are bright which I love. I do not have a scale but they do not feel like the advertised 10g. In my opinion they are closer to a CPC chip (around 8.5g or 9g on a good day) They also seem thinner than BRPoker Pro ceramics. It might just be me, I do not have any BRPoker Pro ceramics to compare them to anymore. Anybody agree or disagree or have more insight?
I think it's you. :)

Nearly all 39mm diameter ceramic blanks ever made are 3.3mm thick and weigh almost exactly 10g when printed.

Debossed molds and hybrids will weigh less because of the displaced material (due to mold markings and/or center recess area).

I have a large set of these and they feel pretty normal to me. I have not weighed them but they feel similar in weight to the Tina no molds and BRPRO's I have.

I think it's you. :)

Nearly all 39mm diameter ceramic blanks ever made are 3.3mm thick and weigh almost exactly 10g when printed.

Debossed molds and hybrids will weigh less because of the displaced material (due to mold markings and/or center recess area).
Like I said it probably is me. I don't have any other ceramics anymore and haven't for quite a while. I do know they feel better than scrolls

I have the Turbo samples. I dig 'em too. Eight chips weigh 78 grams which is 9.75 grams each.
It's obviously just me. I haven't handled a ceramic chip since I sold my super poker World set months and months ago I've been touching are my classic poker chip set

I will just add my input as this is one of the only search results I could find looking for information wanting to purchase these chips.
I ordered a sample set because I loved the colors of their 500, and 5000 especially
1705110830848.png

Overall I was impressed with the quality for plastic chips, they have a nice feel with the texturing, and look nice maybe slightly lighter than in my photos, my only issue mainly is with the 1,000 chip, as you can see below, the text is hardly visible and is almost a deal breaker imo.
1705111066498.png

This is what a T25 breakdown would look like, as you can see the 1,000 annoys my eyes because you can't read the numbers but it may still be usable.
1705111282361.png

Another issue I had with my sample set is the numbering on the sides was completely hit or miss, on some it was perfectly centered on all 4 sides, on others some of the sides were centered, and some were completely off center, images below.
1705111506753.png

(properly alignedish)
1705111597123.png

(all the worst faces)
1705111640341.png

Overall, from the sample set I am still considering purchasing a few barrels to see how they are stacked, as they have some of the cleanest ept style design and feel exceptional for ceramic chips. They shuffle somewhat easier than clay chips because they are smoother, but after long periods of shuffling they were digging into my pinky like a pencil after writing for a long time, I assume because they have a sharper edge with a small bezel when compared to clay chips pictured below, but this is probably up to your preference on how much you shuffle, but I definitely prefer clay to ceramic in this case, so I would suggest trying both before buying.

1705112173175.png

I will just add my input as this is one of the only search results I could find looking for information wanting to purchase these chips.
I ordered a sample set because I loved the colors of their 500, and 5000 especiallyView attachment 1254889

Overall I was impressed with the quality for plastic chips, they have a nice feel with the texturing, and look nice maybe slightly lighter than in my photos, my only issue mainly is with the 1,000 chip, as you can see below, the text is hardly visible and is almost a deal breaker imo.
View attachment 1254891

This is what a T25 breakdown would look like, as you can see the 1,000 annoys my eyes because you can't read the numbers but it may still be usable.
View attachment 1254894

Another issue I had with my sample set is the numbering on the sides was completely hit or miss, on some it was perfectly centered on all 4 sides, on others some of the sides were centered, and some were completely off center, images below.
View attachment 1254899
(properly alignedish)
View attachment 1254901
(all the worst faces)
View attachment 1254902

Overall, from the sample set I am still considering purchasing a few barrels to see how they are stacked, as they have some of the cleanest ept style design and feel exceptional for ceramic chips. They shuffle somewhat easier than clay chips because they are smoother, but after long periods of shuffling they were digging into my pinky like a pencil after writing for a long time, I assume because they have a sharper edge with a small bezel when compared to clay chips pictured below, but this is probably up to your preference on how much you shuffle, but I definitely prefer clay to ceramic in this case, so I would suggest trying both before buying.

View attachment 1254913
Thanks for the review. It is fairly common for text along a ceramic's edge to net be centered very well, most of those look about the same as I have seen.
Also, those are not clay chips that you're comparing those ceramics to...but I'm curious what chips are they?

I assume because they have a sharper edge with a small bezel when compared to clay chips
I 99% positive that is not Clay chip just by looking at the edge, they “wear” too well to be normal Clay

The term “Clay” is often misused on slugged plastic and China Clay as well by vendors

Thanks for the review. It is fairly common for text along a ceramic's edge to net be centered very well, most of those look about the same as I have seen.
Also, those are not clay chips that you're comparing those ceramics to...but I'm curious what chips are they?
These are the "Bank" chips from Apache, they claim they are 100% clay but I think you are correct, they seem to be some form of composite so they are probably "china clay", but they feel much nicer than the turbo ceramic imo, and I definitely like the 25, 500, and the 1000 design. (500, and 1000 look similar to knockoff Aurora Star tournament designs)

(they look good stacked)
1705146988786.png

My only complaint of the Bank chips is they only go up to T2000. I love the T25, T500, and T1000 so would love to use it as a tourney set, but I maybe would need to label the blank chips they sell, 50s or 2000s into T5000s.

Does anyone know if there is option to change denoms/colours? I really like the set and consider purchuasing one, but I would need to change colour breakdown. Also any advise considering shipping to europe?

I think that the Turbo design is exclusive to ThePokerStore.com. I have not heard of them doing any custom changes to chip colors or denominations. I believe they probably order their chips from China and have that design printed. I don't think there are any options on their website to customize ceramic chips. What is wrong with the current denomination colors?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom