Tuesday Night Big O hand #2 (1 Viewer)

Chippy McChiperson

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Much later in the evening, we’re 4 handed now.

Villain from the previous hand is on the button and has made a nice comeback, sitting on a stack of $1574.75
Hero in the SB is upstuck, having run into some coolers, failed bluff attempts and missed draws. Sitting on a stack of $1902.50 (up around $400 on the night).
BB is also upstuck, was up about 2300 at his peak, but is sitting on $1013.25, up $813.25.
Cutoff (second villain in the previous hand) has also made a comeback, and is on a stack of $1047.75.

Cutoff limps, button limps, Hero looks down and sees :ah::2s::5h::5s::9h:. Action?

Much later in the evening, we’re 4 handed now.

Villain from the previous hand is on the button and has made a nice comeback, sitting on a stack of $1574.75
Hero in the SB is upstuck, having run into some coolers, failed bluff attempts and missed draws. Sitting on a stack of $1902.50 (up around $400 on the night).
BB is also upstuck, was up about 2300 at his peak, but is sitting on $1013.25, up $813.25.
Cutoff (second villain in the previous hand) has also made a comeback, and is on a stack of $1047.75.

Cutoff limps, button limps, Hero looks down and sees :ah::2s::5h::5s::9h:. Action?
Pot..

That's a limp for me. Not great high prospects - the suited ace is nice, but the low pair will get you in trouble as often as it will help. But I want to see a flop.

Is folding pre an option in Big O? I mean, it just seems like there is always potential.

I am not good at Big O fwiw. But yea my options are pot or call. No other buttons work for me at this stage.

Is folding pre an option in Big O? I mean, it just seems like there is always potential.

I am not good at Big O fwiw. But yea my options are pot or call. No other buttons work for me at this stage.

There's plenty of hands to fold pre. But playing 4 handed opens up your range a bit for sure.

Even me, the well known chicken, thinks this is a prospective pot bet preflop, This is maybe $2.5 or $3 out of a $1,000+ stack. However I can easily find a fold post flop.

Pot > complete/call >fold -=- DrStrange

Ok this decision probably isn't too difficult, I pot it to 2.75. BB doesn't quite pot it, 3x-ing the 2.25 raise to $7.25. Cutoff calls, dealer folds, back to me. A little history, BB and I likes to 3 bet me when he has position in me, and doesn't have to have a top 5% hand to do so. Not saying he would 3 bet me with garbage in this spot, but his range is wider than AA2x and A23x.

Ok with repot (but you need to be able to competently mix check/cbet lines on flop in 4bet pots with high SPR)

Also ok with a flat which allows you to comfortably check range on flop.

3 to the wheel with a suited ace is great, but should you 4-bet and he claps back with a 5-bet (and you flat), you're basically all-in already at the cap no matter the flop. I'd happily call.

3 to the wheel with a suited ace is great, but should you 4-bet and he claps back with a 5-bet (and you flat), you're basically all-in already at the cap no matter the flop. I'd happily call.
That's not necessarily true, if I pot to 29, and he 5 bets to 95 ish (or 116 ish depending on the cutoff) there are plenty of bad flops I can get away from. There would be about 200 (or 350) in the pot with about 900 behind, I can easily get away on a 9TJcc flop for instance

That's not necessarily true, if I pot to 29, and he 5 bets to 95 ish (or 116 ish depending on the cutoff) there are plenty of bad flops I can get away from. There would be about 200 (or 350) in the pot with about 900 behind, I can easily get away on a 9TJcc flop for instance

Sorry, I thought there was a $200 cap on each hand, but that refers to buy-ins, not the betting. In that case:

200.gif

Hero has a somewhat one way hand. Let's not get overly excited. A good flop for Hero may still leave him with a draw to the nut low and limited prospects for high. I would not want to be heads up vs an in position villain unless the skill edge was that huge.

Flat. Play a three-way hand and see the flop
I actually agree with this. Typically with a one way hand (all lo cards), I will not 4 bet pre. Obviously if the flop comes out 2/3 hi cards u don’t have much. Flat and see a flop.

I also would be remiss not to whisper, "what if Hero gets quartered?" Getting quartered means Hero lost half of what he bet. The stacks are super deep. That is something like a potential $400 loss.

And if lady lucky spits on Hero, " what if Hero gets counterfeited on the river?" Sure. hero might save the last and biggest bet that might get quartered in exchange for folding.

Let's be clear eyed here. Hero could be facing a near freeroll vs BB. Some degree of caution seems prudent. Three way action helps mitigate this.

Ok the consensus is I should call and evaluate the flop. In hindsight I agree, and think this was a big mistake by me, but I repot to $29. BB and cutoff both call, pot is $87.50.

Flop is :6s::5d::td:. Action is on us...

As played, I take a check/call line out of position. Bottom set is decent for the hi but always a chance of running into a bigger set or boat down the line. Lo draw is obvious here.

Diamond draws and straight/wrap draws lead out and bet here in position. Hope for a good runout on the turn.

I admit to being torn. Bottom set is much better short handed. Maybe someone else is at risk of getting quartered?

Still, Hero isn't going to be happy if the betting gets heavy. Big makes big hands. Not really wanting to get pot committed before the low hits and depending on bottom set to get the high.

I lean check/call. Might be persuaded to lead out,

but a chicken has to cluck -=- DrStrange

This board is pretty wet. Bets won't thin the field and wraps and flushes call and have good equity against you (if they have similar low draws). Someone is going to bet this if its late in the night. Check/call for pot control.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom