Trying to decide on low stakes cash set (1 Viewer)

fadedspadeKK

Sitting Out
Reaction score
My work buddies and I play every weekend or so. We use dice chips for 25c/50c. They use white 25c red-50c blue-$1 and green-$5. I to have a decent set of 200 25c and 100 1$. Something similar to majestic card room or royal. I just don’t know what else is out there. We don’t like ceramics. For 40-60/ l chip what does everyone recommend?

Hey, and welcome to the forum, @fadedspadeKK!

The "China Clays" from apache (Majestics, Royals, Bank, and Pharaohs) are definitely your best bet in that price range, if you're not crazy about ceramics. My favorite among those are the Royals, but the 43mm are not for everyone.

A couple older options (no longer made) you can look for in the classifieds, or even start a want-to-buy ad, would be CPS (or Championship Poker Series), or some PGI 8V's, which are very well liked on the forum.

I like mine a lot!
1645063218555.png

Last edited:
Also, I would be remiss if it didn't give the obligatory...

Get samples! :p

The "China Clays" from apache (Majestics, Royals, Bank, and Pharaohs) are definitely your best bet in that price range, if you're not crazy about ceramics. My favorite among those are the Royals, but the 43mm are not for everyone.

A couple older options (no longer made) you can look for in the classifieds, or even start a want-to-buy ad, would be CPS, or Championship Poker Series), or some PGI 8V's, which are very well liked on the forum.

I like mine a lot!
View attachment 865221
This is one of my favorite budget sets. Like these much better than other China clays like majestics.

My work buddies and I play every weekend or so. We use dice chips for 25c/50c. They use white 25c red-50c blue-$1 and green-$5. I like to have a decent set of 200-T25c and 100-Something similar to majestic card room or royal. I just don’t know what else is out there. I’m not a fan of ceramic chips and own a set of Milanos for tournaments. For 40-60 cents per chip what does everyone recommend?

I think blank royals with custom .25 .50 1 and 5s would be perfect. Anyone know where you can get custom labels? Apache is out of $1 royal labels and there are no .50 royals. Maybe I don’t need .50 but buy ins are normal $20 and with nice chips it’d be nice to have different color/ more chips.

A couple older options (no longer made) you can look for in the classifieds, or even start a want-to-buy ad, would be CPS, or Championship Poker Series), or some PGI 8V's, which are very well liked on the forum.

I like mine a lot!
View attachment 865221
I love that set

I think blank royals with custom .25 .50 1 and 5s would be perfect. Anyone know where you can get custom labels? Apache is out of $1 royal labels and there are no .50 royals. Maybe I don’t need .50 but buy ins are normal $20 and with nice chips it’d be nice to have different color/ more chips.
I thought either @Gear or @ABC Gifts and Awards has permission to print Royals labels. I could be wrong
I love that set
Thank you!

I'd definitely skip the 50¢ chips, and add some $5 and $25 chips. I know you think you won't need them, but your game could easily evolve to where you do in the future. It doesn't cost much to future-proof your game.

That said, you could also do the 50¢ chips, just for the color, but I think it just makes counting pots and stacks more difficult.

Another option is to do 10¢, 50¢, $2, and $10 chips and play .10/.20. Starting with $20 @ .25/.50 is only 40 big blinds. That's pretty shallow stacks. On the other hand, lowering the stakes likely wouldn't change the size of the pots much anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom