Trump card Sale $4 a foot!! (4 Viewers)

This is so silly.

12 years we have called this cloth Trump Card.

We are selling it because we are going to replace it with the newer nicer version of Trump card.

It was a very popular item so we have an over stock and customers are wanting more.

We named the promo TRUMP because thats the name of the cloth, period.

And if we were to sell our stock of Black Suited Speed cloth, like a post above indicated, the promo code would be BLACK.

We are not afiliating with any political party whatsoever.

We are still going to call it trump card after we get the new cloth in.

Trump card is the actual name of the shade of red thread used to make the cloth. The same way that Platinum is the actual name of the shade of gray thread used to make platinum.

But thanks for all the posts. :)

We named the promo TRUMP because thats the name of the cloth, period.

And if we were to sell our stock of Black Suited Speed cloth, like a post above indicated, the promo code would be BLACK.

Your site says,
  • Color is Trump Card (also known as Blackberry)
Clearly, the code should have been BLACK-TRUMP, and then nobody would have complained.

GLWS, thanks for the good deal, and thanks for being a good sport among the nonsense.

with all the posts/commotion...how many yards are left after 36 posts?

i will stand by conviction there is no such thing as bad publicity....

your are welcome for the bump nick

buuuut loook at alll the attention this ad has been granted, due to using the kings name! long live the king!
#trump

baahahah i read that and hear trump in my head lol

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 270
What a great example of how just one person can completely derail a thread...I also thought it was generally us Americans who tended to jump into other nations politics and do things like tell people what a vendor was saying without asking the vendor what they were actually saying....

Anywhoo, great bumps, I'm now on your site @Nick@TPS, gonna grab some speed cloth for both poker tables I decided to keep.

I'm embarrassed about this thread. However, please try to see how someone could jump to a conclusion like this. If I had to describe the original post to someone, I believe they would also think that it had political intent. Maybe it's because our (friend's, family, co-workers and basically almost everyone I interact with in real life) minds were blown the day after your U.S. election. To us, it's one of the craziest things that's happened during our lifetime. So the president's last name has a bit of a stigma. A retailer decided to promote a felt using this unfortunate (to me) promo code and I mistook it for a weird political angle.

I think bumping the thread is contributing to it's derailment. In hindsight, I should have been the bigger person and just not commented originally.

I'm embarrassed about this thread. However, please try to see how someone could jump to a conclusion like this. If I had to describe the original post to someone, I believe they would also think that it had political intent. Maybe it's because our (friend's, family, co-workers and basically almost everyone I interact with in real life) minds were blown the day after your U.S. election. To us, it's one of the craziest things that's happened during our lifetime. So the president's last name has a bit of a stigma. A retailer decided to promote a felt using this unfortunate (to me) promo code and I mistook it for a weird political angle.

I think bumping the thread is contributing to it's derailment. In hindsight, I should have been the bigger person and just not commented originally.

You have nothing to be embarrassed about. You were and still are 100% correct in your criticism. There's no scenario whatsoever where the OP posted this thread and promo code without understanding the political implications of what he was doing. This was posted at the height of the election season. For him to come in and pretend like it's all just a coincidence and anyone critical of his decision is to blame for thinking otherwise just makes him look bad, not them. He 100% knew what he was doing when he posted this.

If someone wants to promote their political beliefs when doing business, I say go for it. Just be aware that it's going to cost you business. Just own it though. No need to pretend like you're not doing it.

You have nothing to be embarrassed about. You were and still are 100% correct in your criticism. There's no scenario whatsoever where the OP posted this thread and promo code without understanding the political implications of what he was doing. This was posted at the height of the election season. For him to come in and pretend like it's all just a coincidence and anyone critical of his decision is to blame for thinking otherwise just makes him look bad, not them. He 100% knew what he was doing when he posted this.

If someone wants to promote their political beliefs when doing business, I say go for it. Just be aware that it's going to cost you business. Just own it though. No need to pretend like you're not doing it.

I appreciate the support.

Let the derailment continue! ;)

There's a poker room here where the guy who runs it has pretty unpopular political beliefs. He posts shit that is just makes you roll your eyes on his FB. It's like, if you're trying to run a "business" keep your politics out of it unless you want to ostracize a portion of your potential clients. Makes me shake my head.

I just purchased this Trump Card ssc from Texas Poker Supply, and the color is awesome! I also bought cupholders, everything was well packed and sent fast. I highly recommend this vendor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom