Wanted TRK Fracs (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I'm looking for 100 to 120 TRK fracs to go with my mixed set.

I would consider non denominations.

Green, blue, orange and pink are out for obvious reasons.

Solids or edge spots are fine. I'm not looking for bicycle tires.

I would prefer hot stamps.

My max budget is 200 shipped. I would prefer something in the 150 range.

20171025_194354.jpg
20171025_194327.jpg
20171025_194332.jpg

feel free to pm, post, or text.

B

My only rack of true TRK fracs (Pick Hobson's) last sold for $1000 (mine aren't for sale). A rack of the quarter pie New China Club fracs goes for about the same. The cheapest TRK fracs out there are the hotstamped pink Money Tree hotstamped 50¢ chips, which you can find in very good used condition for around $250 if you're lucky, and closer to $300 if you're not. However, as you've noted above, pink is not an option for you... There just aren't many options out there. Most TRK fracs can only be tracked down as singles. Full racks of them are extremely rare. Other than that, your only other options are to luckbox your way into a rack from a garage sale somehow or to do a gear project or a DIY project (but even those are likely to run you in excess of $2 per chip). Your only option for less than $2 per chip would be to use monogrammed solids on easily obtainable/low demand colors without modifying the chips, which you can often find for around $100 per rack.

If you wanted to do something similar to what I did with my Nevada Lodge set and use yellow gear made fracs, you'd be looking at around $400 per rack. But you could do this for about $200 per rack with the less desirable/easier to find colors like white, blue, green, or maybe red.

IMG_20170724_202350.jpg
IMG_20170219_091742.jpg
IMG_20170724_202500.jpg
IMG_20170724_205334.jpg
IMG_20170724_205358.jpg

I have this partial rack of 97 tan or "sand" colored solids that you could have for $104 shipped. They might actually go well with your set. Finding 3 more of the same color shouldn't be too difficult.

Either way. Good luck with the hunt. TRKs rule!

upload_2017-11-18_12-31-1.png

Wait, the $150-$200 budget was per chip, right? If so, you should be able to find something.

EDIT: FWIW, @ChaosRock has a guy who mills chips for him, if you are thinking about labels on solids.

Check out the new @inca911 trk $1 chips. I would save my pennies for fracs made beautiful by @Gear.
So I don't want to trash that guys chips in his own thread, but I'm totally uncomfortable with milled, inlay replaced TRK fracs if the inlays aren't flush with the rest of the chip. And from the pictures, they don't appear to be. The shaped recess appears deeper than the thickness of the label. And I'm not criticizing the work of gear or the chips themselves - they look amazing. But to me, TRK's are chips with smooth surfaces; chips where you can't feel the inlay. An entire set of milled, inlay replaced TRK's would be fantastic. But mixing one such chip into a TRK set would tilt me, I think.
And also, specifically to detroit dad's set, I don't think it would work because his $1's are hot-stamped. An inlay to hot stamp to inlay progression isn't ideal.

No worries! There is a fractional height difference between the inlay surface and the scallops. It can barely be felt; however, some may find the negligible amount to be significant for their personal tastes. Nothing wrong with expressing that opinion.

There is a fractional height difference between the inlay surface and the scallops.
Were they milled, or were the original inlays scallop shaped and simply replaced with new labels?

So many possibilities Bill with a label...

But definitely going to put you over budget.

IMG_6596.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom