Triton, Gorilla Gaming, BBO, or K&J? (3 Viewers)

Best table option for my home game:

• Triton

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • BBO

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Gorilla Gaming

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • K&J

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • None of above, stay with what you have

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

jpike16

High Hand
Reaction score
Ok so I’ve decided that it’s time to upgrade from the Barrington (actually going to keep as my overflow table). Problem is, I’ve never played on any of the other options!

First the Triton, I like the look of the table and hear it’s definitely an upgrade from the Barrington. But at $1400, it’s still particle board and looks like it has plastic legs right? So is it really that much of an upgrade or will I be looking for something else again in 10 months? Folding storage is nice, if I don’t buy a foldable table, I may need a dinning room table topper.

Then there’s BBO tables. These were the first nicer tables that I considered. And they do look really nice. But I have read several reviews on here that suggested Gorilla Gaming is a better option than BBO. But they do have a dining table option on several of their tables. A complete setup would cost around $4100.

Gorilla Gaming tables look nice but kind of basic (I could be wrong). Plus I have read several reviews about their custom felt not allowing the cards to slide well. Also they don’t have table topper if I get permanent legs, and I’m unsure how well the gorilla legs will hold up over time. Still the price is not much more than a triton table approx $1600. And they seem to be popular on pfc. I’m heading up the wsop in June and hoping to get a chance to see them in person.

Finally, K&J. These seem to king of be my black horse. I only live a few hours from Louisville so that’sa plus for me. They seem more like a local provider. Plus from their website, I really like the look of their tables, and they offer a hard table topper. The web site seems a hair less user friendly than the others so it hard to determine a price on the table I would want. But I suspect it would be kind of in line with BBO.

So any suggestions? My home game has been running once or twice a month for around a year. Though money isn’t ultimately going to be the deciding factor in my table selection, it would suck to spend $4-5k on a table and the game break up a year or so from now!

Ok so I’ve decided that it’s time to upgrade from the Barrington (actually going to keep as my overflow table). Problem is, I’ve never played on any of the other options!

First the Triton, I like the look of the table and hear it’s definitely an upgrade from the Barrington. But at $1400, it’s still particle board and looks like it has plastic legs right? So is it really that much of an upgrade or will I be looking for something else again in 10 months? Folding storage is nice, if I don’t buy a foldable table, I may need a dinning room table topper.

Then there’s BBO tables. These were the first nicer tables that I considered. And they do look really nice. But I have read several reviews on here that suggested Gorilla Gaming is a better option than BBO. But they do have a dining table option on several of their tables. A complete setup would cost around $4100.

Gorilla Gaming tables look nice but kind of basic (I could be wrong). Plus I have read several reviews about their custom felt not allowing the cards to slide well. Also they don’t have table topper if I get permanent legs, and I’m unsure how well the gorilla legs will hold up over time. Still the price is not much more than a triton table approx $1600. And they seem to be popular on pfc. I’m heading up the wsop in June and hoping to get a chance to see them in person.

Finally, K&J. These seem to king of be my black horse. I only live a few hours from Louisville so that’sa plus for me. They seem more like a local provider. Plus from their website, I really like the look of their tables, and they offer a hard table topper. The web site seems a hair less user friendly than the others so it hard to determine a price on the table I would want. But I suspect it would be kind of in line with BBO.

So any suggestions? My home game has been running once or twice a month for around a year. Though money isn’t ultimately going to be the deciding factor in my table selection, it would suck to spend $4-5k on a table and the game break up a year or so from now!
I know nothing about K&J. But if they’re local and their work looks good, why not give them a call and discuss what you want and maybe you can get a better idea on price.
Same goes for gorilla, by the way. I CAN vouch for their product and it’s top notch. Honestly though, I’m not sure it’s very hard to produce a top notch poker table. But sure, give gorilla a call and see if they make dining tops. These people are carpenters and craftsmen - they’re probably capable of more than what they include on the menus of their websites.

I’m just outside of Louisville myself. I bought a table from K&J a couple years ago. I’m picking up a second on Saturday if it isn’t raining. Gonna do an oval 8’ with foldable legs that matches my round table that Keith built. Keith of K&J is super nice and easier to work with. Very responsive via texts. I got exactly what I wanted and have no doubt the table he’s currently building me will be exactly what I’m looking for. I don’t have experience with the others but I would definitely recommend K&J, especially if you’re local enough to pick up yourself.

Attachments

• IMG_3793.jpeg
    IMG_3793.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_3774.jpeg
    IMG_3774.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_4169.jpeg
    IMG_4169.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 176
BBO/Elite Alpha. My opinion is biased though because it's the only one I've owned from the options above. Solid table & I've had 0 issues. Would definitely buy again.

I’m just outside of Louisville myself. I bought a table from K&J a couple years ago. I’m picking up a second on Saturday if it isn’t raining. Gonna do an oval 8’ with foldable legs that matches my round table that Keith built. Keith of K&J is super nice and easier to work with. Very responsive via texts. I got exactly what I wanted and have no doubt the table he’s currently building me will be exactly what I’m looking for. I don’t have experience with the others but I would definitely recommend K&J, especially if you’re local enough to pick up yourself.
Glad to hear from someone who has purchased from them! From their site the tables look really good.

I have one friend who has two BBO tables. Both are very nice.
6459FA6D-5214-4131-8680-69E37A5618D8.jpeg

CE7991E2-9EBE-4FB6-B655-5C71C53A8A76.jpeg

I have another friend that has a GG table. It is a basic table, but gets the job done.
Sorry, I don’t have a pic of that table.
That table has the GG folding legs which are the best folding legs for a heavy custom table. I have them on my second table. They are awesome. The table is very sturdy.
393183E2-9045-43FD-82BD-7930FD947233.jpeg

I have another friend that has a K&J table. It is a really well made table. It has held up really well over the years and has seen a lot of play. the carbon fiber accents are awesome!
15D5734A-CBD8-4B34-A561-032AFB76B887.jpeg

45D2F1D7-2D02-4AD1-9B8C-4E74F3DAC768.jpeg

I went with Big Slik tables for my table. Fully custom, really well made and awesome.
6B92854C-1D8A-408A-AA9B-994C1D1E2A32.jpeg

I have played numerous times on all of these tables. If you have any questions or want my thoughts, feel free to PM me. Thanks!

Attachments

• 2F3F726D-0260-4908-800E-5C19237044FB.jpeg
    2F3F726D-0260-4908-800E-5C19237044FB.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 0ED2EBA3-9955-4F9A-A456-DCBBB5E061BF.jpeg
    0ED2EBA3-9955-4F9A-A456-DCBBB5E061BF.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 89
The other concern I have with BBO tables is the racetrack on most of their models that support a hard dining top. I’ve never been a fan of the racetrack on poker tables, I find it makes it a bit more difficult to view holecards and shuffle chips. I know it’s minor complaint, certainly not a deal breaker, just something that I thought of!

The other concern I have with BBO tables is the racetrack on most of their models that support a hard dining top. I’ve never been a fan of the racetrack on poker tables, I find it makes it a bit more difficult to view holecards and shuffle chips. I know it’s minor complaint, certainly not a deal breaker, just something that I thought of!
It could be a dealbreaker. If I could choose between different companies and one of the companies would only make me a table with a racetrack, I wouldn't be choosing them.

What you’ve heard about the gg cloth has been my experience with it.

The owners used to run a pub league and the table business took over.

I have the Elite Alpha which has a racetrack. Doesn't make it hard at all to see hole cards or shuffle chips. Plus because of the racetrack you can change out the playing surface in minutes...
20230423_192403.jpg

20230416_123045.gif

As you can see people don't come close to the racetrack at all when they shuffle
20230421_031727.gif

You can purchase different playing surfaces through BBO? I didn’t realize that was a feature. Cool
Not all of their tables have that feature though.
20230419_205606.jpg

20230419_204737.jpg

I know the racetrack is frowned upon around here but it's not huge like some tables that have them. The only thing I don't like about it is that when the light is on bright it shows dust & greasy fingers.
1000003317.jpg

(I actually use my dyson cordless w/brush attachment on breaks to refresh the track)

Couple quick pics of the table I picked up Friday afternoon from K&J! Nice addition to my first table from Keith.

Attachments

• IMG_4188.jpeg
    IMG_4188.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_4187.jpeg
    IMG_4187.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 126
Hey guys I wanted to get some advice about which poker table I should buy. I was really looking at the Rockwell Bbo dining chair set . Also, I was looking at Gorilla gaming on their website too as I see it was highly recommended. I was looking for this https://gorillagaming.net/?product=illuminati-dealer.

I want to give some background as to what this is for. 2 year ago I was talking to my wife about getting one of these tables for family game night. I wanted to have a really nice table that stood the test of time. I bought a K&J table before and it wasn't the best. I had to return it and I dealt with a lot of headaches. I dont want to repeat the same mistake. This is why I joined this forum. If you guys could please give advice to a newbie in the poker table world. That would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

I have a gorilla table - they make a great product. I wonder why you're looking at a table with a dealer cutout. Poker tables are great for family game night. But there's no need for a cutout unless you're playing poker and you've hired a dealer who isn't playing. And even then it isn't necessary. At least that's my opinion.

If you go GG, re-felt it yourself. There’s are shit and don’t last.

I was doing some research and I think a bbo poker table would work just fine. Also this store has them at 10% discount with express shipping. What do you guys think are they trust worthy? Has anyone bought from them? For 4 players and a once a week game night. What do you guys recommend? I need something that's not too expensive but looks great. Something the wife and family would enjoy. I apologize if I am asking too many questions lol.

thank you

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom