Triton 1.05M £ buy-in tourney discussion

Frogzilla

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those interested in some high stakes hold ‘em, the Triton (same folks that did the Jeju and Montenegro events) are hosting an incredibly high stakes tournament for the rest of the week. Streams for free on their YouTube with great commentary and production. Playing in London

And they are all going to be in tuxes, it’s got a real James Bond feel.

Highli99

Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard about this on DAT poker podcast. I thought it was clever to do invite only and let the rich guys invite one pro each. Nick and Ali are supposed to be doing commentary which is sweet. I will definitely check this out.

Frogzilla

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For day 1 they are split into “pros” and “business men”. The pro tables are the toughest lineups I’ve ever seen. Really good poker to be witnessed on those tables

Frogzilla

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The chips are shitty though. They’ve all got this weird smudge over the triton graphic. And the annoying chipco white ring

0043823A-4C8B-4FB9-A3D4-1A193FBA3162.jpeg

Frogzilla

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final table time. Sensei Kenney’s interpretation of a suit is interesting.

I’m particularly excited to watch Chidwick and Kenney maneuver their middle stacks in the face of dominant Rajkumar chip lead.

Zmasterben

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final table time. Sensei Kenney’s interpretation of a suit is interesting.

I’m particularly excited to watch Chidwick and Kenney maneuver their middle stacks in the face of dominant Rajkumar chip lead.
You'll have to speak louder, I can't hear you over Bryn Kenney's jacket.

Frogzilla

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m like 2 hours behind live (keep getting annoying chores)...but first few levels I’ve been really impressed with Stevie. He’s putting on a masterclass of how to apply pressure when people are playing too big for their comfort level, as well as how to respond when people try to use pressure against him

DeeVee8

Two Pair
Reaction score
Watching live, so no spoilers. Chips are hideous, tho. I would have hoped for some plaques at this point. That bumper video with the chips rolling on edges is pretty cool.

Last edited:

Frogzilla

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching live, so no spoilers. Chips are hideous, tho. I would have hoped for some plaques at this point. That bumper video with the chips rolling on edges is pretty cool.
I guess one way around color blindness is to use white, grey, and cream for your chip bases?

Changster

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow Aaron Zhang came back from last place in chips to win it all for 19 million GBP... amazing

Highli99

Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow Aaron Zhang came back from last place in chips to win it all for 19 million GBP... amazing
I was happy to see a none-pro win. I knew that Kinney jinxed himself when he bought the 35,000 GBP bottle of whiskey. I hope shulman got a dram.

Frogzilla

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was happy to see a none-pro win. I knew that Kinney jinxed himself when he bought the 35,000 GBP bottle of whiskey. I hope shulman got a dram.
Zhang is apparently one of the top short-deck players in the world. Not sure how he was considered businessman and not pro

DeeVee8

Two Pair
Reaction score
Zhang is apparently one of the top short-deck players in the world. Not sure how he was considered businessman and not pro
I remember they made some sort of reference to this, can't recall when. Something about being invited as a businessman, and he wanted to be labeled a pro. I've got to guess that the first six levels were more stable on the pro side of this game. Players tougher, obviously, but the pros would be more predictable, less crazy play.

nightbird

Pair
Reaction score
Also Dwan was saying that this was probably not the biggest buy in that zhang has played.

Top Bottom