Trip Report- Vegas - August 19-23rd (1 Viewer)

Mr. Cheese

Full House
Reaction score
Just starting this thread now so I can easily post from my phone and update the thread as things progress.

I'll be flying out with 3 of my other buddies tomorrow morning arriving at 9am. Lots of poker planned so I'll try to update the thread regularly.

We're also going to Counts Kustoms, Gold and Silver Pawn Shop, and the Mob Museum.

Where are you staying? First time going to Gold and Silver?

My buddy wanted to stay at the Flamingo so we were right in the center of the strip. I was hoping to stay at the Aria but I guess that's where we will stay next year.

Yeah I've never been to G&S before. I hear you need to get there early to avoid lines because most people show up in the middle of the day.

Anyone want to sponsor me for poker and be my backer ;)

My buddy wanted to stay at the Flamingo so we were right in the center of the strip. I was hoping to stay at the Aria but I guess that's where we will stay next year.

Yeah I've never been to G&S before. I hear you need to get there early to avoid lines because most people show up in the middle of the day.

Anyone want to sponsor me for poker and be my backer ;)

I went to G&S at 9 a.m. on a Sunday and it was pretty empty. Didn't see anybody from the show though, if that's your goal.

We arrived this morning and needed to kill time before checking in at flamingo.

Double diamond slot machine was good to me. Put 20 in and left with 100
IMG_20150819_124413894.jpg

Next we got some krispy cream donuts before heading to the poker room.
IMG_20150819_121625259_HDR.jpg

Then onto some 2/4 limit to get warmed up before going to no limit. Bought on for 50, cashed out for 127. Won 50 for high hand of the hour also with AAAQQ

This pic is shortly after buying in
IMG_20150819_132352720_HDR.jpg

Going to hit up a buffet tonight

More of an update later but ran across a Terrible's gas station!

IMG_20150820_152917306_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150820_153823457.jpg

How is somebody not heading to Vegas right now with a sawz all and a trailer to pick up their new giant Mr. Terrible poker room greeter/mascot? :) One of those has to make it to the poker room of one of you Terribles freaks, would be the ultimate set topper.

I'm definitely jealous, it would be real nice to be in vegas right now with nothing to do but play cards and whatever else. Have fun, looking forward to the thread!

Haha why offer money when you can come back at night and get it for free?! Kidding....

Went to Gold and Silver Pawn along with Counts Customs. Now we're headed to a go kart track. Then poker time!
IMG_20150820_145813725_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150820_141348002.jpg

Oh also we went to the hash house for breakfast this morning. Good food!
Last night was Harrahs buffet.

Last night about midnight we played more 2/4 limit. Bought in for 40 cashed out for 150. Sat next to a cute Norwegian tourist. Loved the accent and personality.

More to come!

Love the flamingo poker room. It was my favorite. We also stayed there too, great location.

Only pet peeve about the poker room, no close bathroom... Really?

If you run into this lady, she's awesome fun, and we had a blast hanging out and Grinding the Flamingo tables together. She's a local player who frequents the Flamingo. Cruella D'Ville? Hmmm....

image.jpg

thread should be titled:

Mr Cheese in Vegas Getting That Cheddar!

or alternatively

How To Be A 2/4 Limit Vegas Pro

loved the cruella pic, keep the TR coming!

How is somebody not heading to Vegas right now with a sawz all and a trailer to pick up their new giant Mr. Terrible poker room greeter/mascot? :) One of those has to make it to the poker room of one of you Terribles freaks, would be the ultimate set topper.

I'm definitely jealous, it would be real nice to be in vegas right now with nothing to do but play cards and whatever else. Have fun, looking forward to the thread!

Didn't see it when I was there in July. Had an SUV to haul it. Damn!

Alright so its late but I keep putting off updating the trip report.

After a doubling and quadrupling my winnings the first three days playing 2/3 my luck started to turn when I ventured to NL 1/2 at PH. Second hand in a fold AK of Clubs due to a 30 dollar initial raise and then a re-raise to 60 in which 4 other people call. Not wanting to blow my stack pre-flop I fold what turned out would have been the winning hand. I would have flopped the nut flush which would have crushed the next best hand which was 2 pair. Pot ended up being 800 so I would have quadrupled my money... Fast forward about a half hour I get pocket Aces. I flop a set and by the end of the hand I'm all in. I lose to a guy with 3 4 who hits a straight on the river.

Overall I was doing really well with poker still from my 2/4 winnings at Flamingo. My buddies and I decided to play some $25 and $100 slots and I think we each burned through like at least 300-400. Well I should say I burned through 300, one of my buddies burned through 800, and the other 400.

We decided walking was lame so we rented an exotic electric car for the a few days.... Brace yourself... A Leaf (Yes they categorized it as an exotic... and it was the only car left for same day rental).

We went to the Mob Museum which was really cool and interesting. Lots of old poker chips in the museum and history of how they got rid of them (concrete with chippies in it etc).

Went to the Atomic History and Testing Museum which was also very interesting. We decided to do some go-kart racing which was a blast. We raced 3 times and I did really well. Out of I think 12 or 13 cars each time I finished 2nd, 2nd, 1st. Losing to the 1st place finisher by .010, and .002 respectively until I beat him by .030 on the last race!

Went to the Hash House a Go Go amont various other places that I can't remember now lol.

All in all it was a fun trip! I didn't take very many pictures but here are a few that I did take.

IMG_20150821_021950106_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150821_171424790.jpg
IMG_20150822_111615763.jpg
IMG_20150822_111619857.jpg
IMG_20150822_111826889.jpg
IMG_20150822_113544326.jpg
IMG_20150822_122022061.jpg
IMG_20150822_122028655.jpg
IMG_20150822_174151904.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom