Tricky spot with J8s OOP (who would have thought?) (1 Viewer)

The end:

What, you didn't think I was really going to fold here did you??? Hero shoves. Villain has :kd::qc: and Hero is drawing dead.

Yes, I realize that I'm getting stacked here almost all the time no matter how I play it (unless I FOLD PRE! ;) - or find the super-tough fold on the turn) but I'm still not sure I'm happy with the way I played it. Not sure I'm unhappy either. Hrm. But it was sooted!

Just for fun I'll give you the HH of the most outrageous bluff ever:

Folds to V1 on the button who raises. V2 (CO from the above hand) defends from the BB. Flop is T77, V2 checks, V1 checks behind. Turn is J, V2 bets $12 or something and V1 calls. River is A, v2 bets $20, V1 raises to $70, V2 shoves for $330. V1 tanks for about a year then finally folds TT face up. Everyone at the table including me was 100% convinced that V2 had either AA or 77, MAYBE JJ.

What did he have? He claimed to me privately later that he had J7 sooted and after value-betting the river and getting raised, turned it into a bluff against a player who he knows would only check back that flop with a monster, but when big stacks are at risk will be very risk-averse and capable of the "oh woe is me" hero laydown.

I would have laid down jacks full to him there, and told him as much. One thing not mentioned here is that this villain is quite old - he looks like your kindly grandpa. Even if you have seen otherwise on occasion, you just don't give Grandpa credit for being able to turn a strong hand into a bluff by 3-bet jamming the river (or anything close to that...)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom