Tri moon ideas (1 Viewer)

Grimace

Full House
Reaction score
I’m trying to make a tourny set with tri moon chips. Currently I have enough chips to make a alternating tri moon-half circle set but if possible all tri moons would be awesome.
1633806403749.png

The IOC 5 is going to be a $25
The cinncy $25 a $100
The agua $1 a $500
The Boulder station a $1000
And the IOC 1 a $5k I think

So long post summed up what are some other options for tri moons I could use? Jack cinncy I think is out because they are a similar colour to the Agua $1’s. All these chips will have a complete inlay replacement.

I'm not a fan of tri-moons.

Now that we got that out of the way, there are some practical decisions if trying to design an all tri-moon set.

First, you're better off with one edge spit colour per chip than 3, mostly because you'll run out of colors by the third denomination and risk dirty stacks thereafter. Maybe your highest value chip for rebuys can be a 3 colour spot, but likely not multiple ones.

Second, I think your theme should sync well with the tri-moon design. To me, it looks like a spotted toy ball, so goes great with themes that evoke childhood, like toys, animals/pets, circuses, storybook characters, etc.

Third, I think this is a good time for the bright unweighted colours to shine when used as a base

Why such unconventional color choices? Also think the agua snapper would be a great 1k. I’d think something more like,

Cinci - 25
IOC 1: 100
Agua 1: 500
Agua 2.5 /IOC 5: 1k
Boulder: 5k

Though tbh I think the boulders clash a bit with the rest and would rather find a substitute.

Why such unconventional color choices? Also think the agua snapper would be a great 1k. I’d think something more like,

Cinci - 25
IOC 1: 100
Agua 1: 500
Agua 2.5 /IOC 5: 1k
Boulder: 5k

Though tbh I think the boulders clash a bit with the rest and would rather find a substitute.
Unconventional colours one because no one I play with will ever care about that. Two I’m trying to use what I’ve already got for chips and make it work. The only thing I don’t have is the Boulder Station $2’s (had two racks and sold them doh).
I have 2 racks of IOC $5’s
1 rack of the Agua $1’s
1 rack of cinncy $25’s and a barrel of IOC $1’s. What I would really like to to do it just use trimoon chips for the whole set. Remove the cinncy $25’s and Boulder Station’s from the line up. But the only other tri moon I can think of is the Agua snapper and Jack cinncy $2 chip. The jack I don’t think will work because it’s too close to the Agua $1 in color

How about a t5 set to make use of your IOC 5s? You have more of them than 25s anyways. aguas as the 100s, IOC as the 500. Then try to hunt down a barrel or two of the agua snapper as a 1k and you probably don’t even need a 5k

How about a t5 set to make use of your IOC 5s? You have more of them than 25s anyways. aguas as the 100s, IOC as the 500. Then try to hunt down a barrel or two of the agua snapper as a 1k and you probably don’t even need a 5k
That might be the route I go. I was hoping there might be some more tri moon chip suggestions. Stuff I didn’t know about. I’m sure there’s more chips. I think make Twain $1’s are tri moon but look like the ioc $1’s and probably aren’t easy to find.

1633820513027.jpeg

Horseshoe Cleveland fracs for 500s maybe. But they’re thc.

And there’s roadhouse stuff but you’ve got the reds covered and they’re way nicer.

C3E894D6-7811-4FA4-8D4C-322AF9EE502B.jpeg

Not sure how many of these are out in the wild. That would take care of a green chip. Use these at a $25 and the IOC $5’s as a hundred. Agua $1’s as a $500 and Agua snappers as a 1k or 5k and IOC $1’s as a $1k or $5k

seems you really don’t like the jack cinci 25s. If I buy something else from you I’d be happy to take them off your hands.

seems you really don’t like the jack cinci 25s. If I buy something else from you I’d be happy to take them off your hands.
I like them and they and they were really easy to murder. But if I can make a all tri moon line up I think I’d like that better than switching back and forth from tri to half circle chips. The cinncy chips I’ve got coming I bought murdered sold and bought back. lol

great combo. planning on getting any use out of them in the near future? must be hard finding players in such a small city.

great combo. planning on getting any use out of them in the near future? must be hard finding players in such a small city.
Tomorrow night will mark 3 months in a row I’ve managed to get a game going. 6 players the first game and 9 the next. Tomorrow night will be 6 or 7 so not bad. I’ve probably got a pool of 15-20 guys that I pull from. This Saturday is hard there’s a hockey game (broncos) and hunting season is still in full swing. Hoping games are easier to put together in the winter months.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom