Trefl Texas Hold'em Poker 100% plastic vs Copag Export (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I fell down a full bleed back rabbit hole; I just really like the look. I recently bought a setup of copag exports, so I’ll compare these Trefls to them.

The Trefls come in tuck boxes, sealed outside and inside the box. The full bleed backs are beautiful with deep colors - much more impressive than the Copags when viewed side by side.
0630C03E-4DBC-4988-85EE-196039A054CB.jpeg

These are poker jumbos with all white faces (no yellow boxing) and they’re VERY white - noticeably whiter than the copags.
The Trefls have a nice grainy texture front and back which you can hear. More noticeable than the mild texture of the copags. And maybe as a result, the Trefls have very little top card float - much less than the copags.
05ED2622-5FCB-418B-A62A-A2DE3B4128B3.jpeg

The stock is thicker and stiffer. 52 Trefls stack about 3 cards higher than 52 copags. They’re on the stiffer side - tough to say for sure, but dix rated them a 13, which is pretty stiff. I wouldnt argue with that except to say I find them manageable and would have guessed they were a 14 or a 15.
The corners are more square than most. Not sure if the corners are why, but there is a bit of resistance when gathering the cards up from a wash. Not enough that it causes trouble or slows you down, just enough that you notice.
They pitch great and shuffle great.
Oh and one strange thing I noticed was that one joker is red and one is blue - aren’t they usually red and black?
And they don’t smell like the copag exports. I’m not sure if all copags smell as much as the exports, but the export’s plastic smell out of the box was overwhelming. It faded but is still noticeable after they’ve been sitting out for 2 weeks. The Trefls barely have a sniff.

84CAAB50-B186-413E-B598-040E9C4EE56A.jpeg

7BF5E18B-7DB6-4228-90D9-A2D75058246C.jpeg

FE0504D2-B0BF-439F-A2F5-81EB9B6433FE.jpeg

Although they’re stiffer than I prefer, I still like them because they’re beautiful and very manageable. They’re keepers.

:tup: the felt glide test must be next
(I am assuming less flipovers even, with more speed )
edit: just saw this "They pitch great and shuffle great"

its hard to find a good pattern on stock with a full bleed in plastic! thanks for sharing

I'll take the opposing side and state that I don't like these (full bleed) at all. Yuck.
Theyre definitely less popular which is why theyre so hard to find. No accounting for taste and all that.

I have a Trefl set up, and they are spectacular! Well that might be going a bit over board but they are nice cards and run through my Shuffle Tech just fine.

So, kinda sad. with my lighting in the evening, those blue decks disappear into my cloth. So I'm not going to use them any more. I'd normally just sell off the two sealed setups, but I really love the red ones and might actually want to keep them, if anybody is interested in single blue decks - two sealed, one used for like an hour.

I fell down a full bleed back rabbit hole; I just really like the look. I recently bought a setup of copag exports, so I’ll compare these Trefls to them.

The Trefls come in tuck boxes, sealed outside and inside the box. The full bleed backs are beautiful with deep colors - much more impressive than the Copags when viewed side by side.
View attachment 1012381
These are poker jumbos with all white faces (no yellow boxing) and they’re VERY white - noticeably whiter than the copags.
The Trefls have a nice grainy texture front and back which you can hear. More noticeable than the mild texture of the copags. And maybe as a result, the Trefls have very little top card float - much less than the copags.
View attachment 1012380
The stock is thicker and stiffer. 52 Trefls stack about 3 cards higher than 52 copags. They’re on the stiffer side - tough to say for sure, but dix rated them a 13, which is pretty stiff. I wouldnt argue with that except to say I find them manageable and would have guessed they were a 14 or a 15.
The corners are more square than most. Not sure if the corners are why, but there is a bit of resistance when gathering the cards up from a wash. Not enough that it causes trouble or slows you down, just enough that you notice.
They pitch great and shuffle great.
Oh and one strange thing I noticed was that one joker is red and one is blue - aren’t they usually red and black?
And they don’t smell like the copag exports. I’m not sure if all copags smell as much as the exports, but the export’s plastic smell out of the box was overwhelming. It faded but is still noticeable after they’ve been sitting out for 2 weeks. The Trefls barely have a sniff.

View attachment 1012384

View attachment 1012386

View attachment 1012387

Although they’re stiffer than I prefer, I still like them because they’re beautiful and very manageable. They’re keepers.
I like those! very similar yet the differences are noticable when side by side and different for the better.

So, kinda sad. with my lighting in the evening, those blue decks disappear into my cloth. So I'm not going to use them any more. I'd normally just sell off the two sealed setups, but I really love the red ones and might actually want to keep them, if anybody is interested in single blue decks - two sealed, one used for like an hour.
We used them in my last game and although I have silver speedcloth, the folks at that table (I was not at that table) stated that the red was fine, but the blue backs tended to disappear into the cloth. Not what I expected to hear at all, and I thought my lighting was pretty good. I'll have to pay more attention at the next game I host.

If you ever want just red decks it's not a problem... Just let me know..

Just get yourself a better lamp :p just kidding….

I had a chance to play with Trefl cards a week ago and I instantly fell in love with them,,.. for my personal taste they are nicer than the Fournier EPT decks that I own. The colors are nice, the white is, well, white! and shuffling these cards is pure fun. I couldn’t resist and bought set the very next day! :love:

My set arrived today.... Here is a quick side by side with my Fournier EPT.... It aint came out very strong on that Picture, but the Fournier are very yellowish compared with the bright white Trefl... And oh Boy, this red !!!!! its gorgeous

PXL_20221222_131040646.jpg

Last edited:
These are really nice! I love the bright white color. Hearing that they are stiffer than other brands is also a plus to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom