Tray shape (1 Viewer)

maxim_666666

Flush
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I want to make a case for chips. But I can’t determine for myself what shape of trays (where the chips themselves lie) to make, round or rectangular?
I heard that it is extremely difficult to get the fallen chips out of the rectangular one.

Are the chips stacked vertically? It may be a language issue, but I dont get exactly what you are asking. Perhaps a diagram would help.

Are the chips stacked vertically? It may be a language issue, but I dont get exactly what you are asking. Perhaps a diagram would help.
I think he means whether to make where the chips sit rounded or rectangular:
D26E4184-2EE9-4F6F-897E-FA6AB35673A0.jpeg
1E05E3D4-0706-40C7-8A2B-41EFAFDF8FC8.jpeg

Hello everyone, I want to make a case for chips. But I can’t determine for myself what shape of trays (where the chips themselves lie) to make, round or rectangular?
I heard that it is extremely difficult to get the fallen chips out of the rectangular one.
If I understand your question correctly, I believe your concern about rectangular slots is correct but my guess is it would just be “tricky” to get fallen chips out not “extremely difficult”. Would be great if someone with one of these cases could weigh in @gkitt80 @RainmanTrail

Right, a rounded cradle vs a flat cradle.

If the cradle is soft (foam padded) Flat would be fine. A hard medium (hard plastic, wood) round is the only option.

If you're making a foam case, I would just go with flat. You'll never have an issue getting fallen chips out of foam. And even in plastic, I don't see it being that difficult. No more difficult than grabbing a chip off of a hard table.

Right, a rounded cradle vs a flat cradle.

If the cradle is soft (foam padded) Flat would be fine. A hard medium (hard plastic, wood) round is the only option.
Forgive me. language difficulties.)

Like this. It is planned that the case will be completely transparent. Something like plexiglass.
463413307_nabor-podarochnyj-pokernyj.jpg

Plexiglass (or similar) would make for a pretty cool case.

We used a flat cradle yesterday when using chips for a board game. It sucked. However, once the chips were pulled out of the rack, it was fine.

For a clear case, I think either would work, because you aren't going to just pull a few chips out at a time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom