Travel case suggestions please (1 Viewer)

randian

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I have a 500-chip gray Versa case I bought from Amazon (ASIN B00TADTLPS) but it has two problems. First, the chip wells are slightly too close together, leaving my Apache Bank chips (40 mm?) uncomfortably scrunched together on their edges. Second, the case wastes space/volume in the center on card storage that could be better used for additional rows of chips or simply deleted to make a more compact case. What would you recommend for a replacement?

Last edited:
I too am searching for the perfect case for 600 to 800 43mm chips, so I’ll just hang out here and follow along.
The most common solution for PCFers seems to be to buy plastic racks for the chips, then buy a big waterproof shockproof pelican style case (Apache brand at harbor freight is cheaper) and customize the foam inside to fit whatever you have. Personally I think those things are too big and bulky and overkill on protection for what chips need. But I haven’t found a better solution for 43mm chips yet. And if travel is key; if you’re going to check it on an airplane or toss it in the back of a pickup truck, it’s probably the way to go.

I don’t expect to take my chips on an airplane, so a Pelican case is overkill. There’s a Versa case that holds 6 acrylic racks stacked in two rows (3 per row) that might be suitable. No photo of the inside of the lid though so it’s unclear if the top rack’s chips are loose or held in place by foam. A comment suggests that the bottom is too deep, making it difficult to get racks out. One nice thing about my current case is the wells nominally hold 50 chips, very convenient when you can only buy chips in 25-count barrels.

Thanks for the heads up, OP. I've been waiting for the 500-chip Versa case to dip below $50.

I use the 600-chip Versa case for my travel set. The foam inside the lid is soft and thick and will hold your chips in place. The trick to get the bottom two racks is to get your fingers on one side of a rack and your thumb on the end of the middle barrel of chips. Squeeze, then pull up. I vaguely remember someone made a video if my description makes no sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom