Transaction with PCF member Emitsu (1 Viewer)

If, even by mistake, I would have a guy cross the Atlantic with even 10lbs of chips in his luggage, I would feel obliged to buy them, even if I went bankrupt the same night, and both my parents or both my children died in an accident that same night. Sure, I would try to sell them around after those tragic events, 'cause poker chips wouldn't matter anymore.
That's my idea of dignity and decency. Probably that's the idea of people born till the late 60s at the latest.:(

If, even by mistake, I would have a guy cross the Atlantic with even 10lbs of chips in his luggage, I would feel obliged to buy them, even if I went bankrupt the same night, and both my parents or both my children died in an accident that same night. Sure, I would try to sell them around after those tragic events, 'cause poker chips wouldn't matter anymore.
That's my idea of dignity and decency. Probably that's the idea of people born till the late 60s at the latest.:(
DO I HAVE THE DEAL FOR YOU.....

@superchromix If you'll accept it, I do apologize for the inconvenience I may have caused you and the lack of proper communication on my part. I completely understand your side of things and I hope you will accept my apology as I did not mean any ill will to you or to ruin your vacation. I am sincerely sorry for that, and hope we can move past this.
Well done.

While I agree a lot about the feedback system, it is by no means foolproof. I get that’s what we have to work with, and there is a lot of trust based on that, but what I’ve seen here is that a lot of people are afraid to post negative feedback. I’ve seen several instances of shady occurrences, yet I hardly ever see negative feedback posted, even on the well known occurrences.

As for all the complaints about posts like these, I wish I could live in that utopian world where all is good all of the time. I prefer to be able to hash things out and have as much info as possible going forward. I appreciate when people post of these occurrences so I can be better informed of who might be of shady practice.

I mean yeah i get that you're wary of buying things sight unseen, but you have to adapt to your surroundings and realize that this isn't Craigslist or Facebook marketplace. Those sites encourage you to always meet in person and pay in cash, etc because you don't know who anyone is and anytime someone asks you to send them money via mail or something its 100% a scam.

PCF is a site built on its classifieds and its "pay first, get chips second" model, and backed by the trade feedback and community enforcement mechanism. Thousands (if not tens of thousands) of transactions have happened before you, 99.9% of them with no issue and many of them for a lot more money than your $600. You can't just come in here and demand that things be done your way because you're not comfortable with them. To me, that's just an inability to understand your surroundings and how things work on a particular site.

PCF is not alone in this; I've bought and sold very pricey things on Reddit in the /r/mechmarket, /r/watchexchange, and /r/goodyearwelt. They all work the same way. Sure, you only are only 99.9% scam-proof now instead of 100%, but in return it allows you to transact for niche goods that are in the hands of a few scattered throughout the WORLD.

I had a successful transaction with @superchromix via PayPal F&F. I had no issues and he is a trustworthy seller.

Superchromix is active and well known here, and all the buyer had to do was look at his ratings to assuage concerns about risk:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/feedback/2233

If really necessary, as a new user, he could have reached out to the mods for buying advice.

I’m with Superchromix on this one.

Chips aren’t bought until the money is exchanged. Seems silly to ship chips (via fedex or your suitcase) until they are bought. If someone insists on getting chips before they send the money, easy. Sell to someone else. Lots of people like poker chips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom