Cash Game Tracking Player Pool Wins/Losses? (1 Viewer)

Legend5555

Full House
Reaction score
I recently started playing in a private Pokerrrr 2 club. I had never played in an app game before but got referred by a guy I trust (as much as you can in poker circles). And the game has been going for 4 years. I figured that's the best endorsement I'm going to get.

Among some odd things, like not having a balance showing in the club, the most bizarre thing to me is the fact that you can track wins and losses of the players on all tables that have run. I find this to be quite shocking for a cash game. Even tournaments, while they have money lists, don't actually show everyone's +/- column.

For someone like me, who's a winner in the games I play, it pretty effectively allows me to choose my tables and seats to min/max without having to put forth the effort of paying attention during the game. But I more importantly feel like I don't want to the losers to know what clip they are losing at or let others know what clip I'm winning at.

Thoughts?

[T]he most bizarre thing to me is the fact that you can track wins and losses of the players on all tables that have run. I find this to be quite shocking for a cash game.

For someone like me, who's a winner in the games I play, it pretty effectively allows me to choose my tables and seats to min/max without having to put forth the effort of paying attention during the game. But I more importantly feel like I don't want to the losers to know what clip they are losing at or let others know what clip I'm winning at.

Thoughts?
Your concerns are real!

I play in a long running online .5/1 cash game that's been running for almost three years.

When I came in, all wins/losses were tracked in a public spreadsheet and settled quarterly. As expected, a lot of the big losers would leave the game after a certain amount of punishment.

I took over managing the game shortly after I joined. I asked if we could switch to daily settlement (killing the cumulative win/loss spreadsheet), but the majority didn't want the hassle of constant transactions and so quarterly settlement had to stay.

My hypothesis was that the big losers were leaving, not because the losses were too much financially, but because they identified as competent, at-least-breakeven poker players and here was public evidence to the contrary.

So instead of a public spreadsheet, I built an app that tracks the cum win/loss for each quarter, but folks can only see their own results. So far, there have been some huge, consistent losers, but they're still in the game.

That said, there are also some big losers who've left after seeing just how much they've lost.

Any sort of tracking that all players can access is invariably a horrible idea. Who benefits? Even cheeseburger stakes will add up over time.

• The winners already know they win and may even be tracking themselves.
  • The moderate losers/breakeven players probably know they’re losing a bit, but they have a nice time and they’re not losing that much on any given one night.
  • The fish/gamblers want to splash around, bluff, chase draws and have fun. They don’t even consider a long run. Yet here someone shows up with fucking quarterly list showing that they infact are the game’s donors. Maybe they still don’t care, but then again, maybe they do.

I recently started playing in a private Pokerrrr 2 club. I had never played in an app game before but got referred by a guy I trust (as much as you can in poker circles). And the game has been going for 4 years. I figured that's the best endorsement I'm going to get.

Among some odd things, like not having a balance showing in the club, the most bizarre thing to me is the fact that you can track wins and losses of the players on all tables that have run. I find this to be quite shocking for a cash game. Even tournaments, while they have money lists, don't actually show everyone's +/- column.

Thoughts?
I agree.

LMK if you want to spread your wings a bit in the affiliate poker site game. I have a good affiliate you can relatively trust with access to all the sites. Yes, I realize it's a house of cards, but for now, it's the best game in town.

Yeah that is terrible @Legend5555. Is it an app-level "feature" or a club-level setting? If the latter, you could (and I would) ask the host to turn it off. They might not even know that it's viewable to non-admins.

Yeah that is terrible @Legend5555. Is it an app-level "feature" or a club-level setting? If the latter, you could (and I would) ask the host to turn it off. They might not even know that it's viewable to non-admins.
It's club level and I already brought it up to my agent, whom I know personally. He has always been a bit wary of it is well And he said he was going to bring it up in his meeting with the game runner today.

Side note: Another effect of this is you can calculate how much rake was taken at a table by just summing everyone's wins/losses.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom