TR King "King's Crown" Custom Tourney Set (2 Viewers)

Keyser Soze

High Hand
Reaction score
I got this set in a group buy organized by Warewulf in 2004 or 2005. TR King shut down forever shortly after, and I always regret not buying even more of these. There was another guy at the time who had a custom set made with custom skull inlays and everything, and I was saving up to do something similar after I realized how great TR Kings feel and look. Unfortunately, I was too late and Dennis shut it down.

I definitely recall people not really appreciating TR King as much when they were still around, and a lot of people kind of bashed these chips in various threads. It seems that more people are appreciating the unique quality and feel of TR Kings nowadays.

I chose to focus on the $25 - $1000 denoms because I loved the colors of the $100, $500, and $1000 chips especially. I really didn't like the black and tan edge spots on the $5 chip in the set, so I made sure not to get the $5's. I did get (50) of the $1's knowing that I really had no way to use them, but they were so damn pretty that I had to have some. I wish I would have gone all in on like 1500 of these and gotten a bunch of $1's and $5's as well as more of the other denoms.

Here is the approximate breakdown:

(50) - $1's
(310) - $25's
(275) - $100's
(143) - $500's
(55) - $1000's

IMG_4517.jpg
IMG_4518.jpg
IMG_4519.jpg
IMG_4534.jpg
IMG_4535.jpg
IMG_4536.jpg
IMG_4537.jpg
IMG_4538.jpg
IMG_4540.jpg
IMG_4541.jpg
IMG_4542.jpg
IMG_4544.jpg
-Cole

bumping this old thread to show off this pic i found on my PC of my chips from the follow-up group buy to this one; these were king's crown hotstamps. sorry for the shitty quality, i think i may have even pulled it back off of google, although this is definitely my set because that is my old table.

kings crown hotstamps.png

anyone know where any of these chips are nowadays? i don't recall who i sold these to...

bumping this old thread to show off this pic i found on my PC of my chips from the follow-up group buy to this one; these were king's crown hotstamps. sorry for the shitty quality, i think i may have even pulled it back off of google, although this is definitely my set because that is my old table.

View attachment 387535

anyone know where any of these chips are nowadays? i don't recall who i sold these to...
That is a gorgeous set.

Some (not yours) from that buy ended up with me, and here they shall remain....

E2924ECB-5E51-4508-9CB8-6C232CB61E7C.jpeg
B3EF99E3-78A0-4D7D-8CD2-673634906A46.jpeg
CB653E72-2735-46E7-A12B-051A51ADA226.jpeg
D596B884-2483-4C0E-91A6-CE80F97059CD.jpeg

very nice, but i don't think that's the same buy? we had everything $25+ with edge spots.

very nice, but i don't think that's the same buy? we had everything $25+ with edge spots.

The hotstamp buy took place in 2006.

Order deadline was in June, delivery was in August, and no more TRK were made thereafter.

I was just trying to find the details of the hotstamp group buy and came across my original twoplustwo thread on the inlay group buy in the OP here (I am Slow Play Ray):

http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Number=1505469

$0.85/chip!!!!!

either way, there must have been multiple group buys on the hot stamps, the one I ran did not have solids past the $5s.

SlowPlayRay! Whasssuuup?!?!

The 2006 buy was run by Nanook. One could order any available spot and stamp combination, provided the group as a whole met certain order minimums (minima?).

I think the minimum stuff had to do with the cost of having custom dies made, but am less certain about my recollection there.

My order was for 84 chips each of three different spotted NCV chips, which I’d intended to be a starter or sampler set, not knowing the end was nigh for TRK.

Nanook had talked about doing a subsequent group buy for inlaid chips, too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom