Found Tourney set for daughter in college (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statesvegas

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
My daughter sent me a text earlier today asking if I would send her some chips so that she and her friends could put a game together at college. I have never been more proud. Actually brought a tear to my eye...

She will need a tourney set, and will never have more than 8 players in her small apartment. I'm thinking a gently used ceramic set is the way to go, but am open to suggestions. I don't want to spend a bunch, as they are likely to get misplaced (I had a 600 piece ASM set from when I graduated law school 20 years or so ago that I would let her take to friend's houses when she was younger, and the set mysteriously vanished. She SWEARS she had not left them anywhere and that somehow I misplaced them, but I know better).

Anyone have a set I could purchase for her that would fit the bill? Anything with Carolina Blue would go to the top of the list.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Don't have ceramics. My CPS set will be coming in at the end of the month. I think there's plenty to build a breakdown, especially for 8 (I sold a couple tourney sets but still have at least around 2,000 I think, don't know exact). I don't really care what you pay me either, if anything, just what you can.

Lol I tried being nice but @PAZ somehow crushed what I thought was a solid offer :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Let me knows what ends up happening. If for some reason CPS has more appeal than Kings Castle for them, I would happily switch out chip for chip with Paz and send some funds to Paz in that exchange or whatever would work.

Ha so in conclusion, non selfishly offering mine up at any cost doesn't matter, but also selfishly offering some kind of 3 way trade if it works out that way.

Awesome to see this thread get immediate responses and options!

If my daughter went to college and wanted a chip set for tournaments at college, I might talk to Gene and Kristil about custom ceramics involving the college somehow - give her something to remember those days when she is older.
I was thing similar but a bit more cost effective...could you find a set that has meaning in some way without going custom? Maybe if you provided the school or colors or mascot, people could help suggest?

I was thing similar but a bit more cost effective...could you find a set that has meaning in some way without going custom? Maybe if you provided the school or colors or mascot, people could help suggest?
I thought the same thing, make it a bit personal. Maybe something she would like either color or design wise, and also keeping costs low enough. If it's college, I can guarantee chips aren't getting respect and will be receiving plenty of punishment.

She is a sophomore at UNC Chapel Hill, with their color being "Carolina Blue" and their mascot being a Ram.

I thought the same thing, make it a bit personal. Maybe something she would like either color or design wise, and also keeping costs low enough. If it's college, I can guarantee chips aren't getting respect and will be receiving plenty of punishment.
Will they incorporate a College Logo or Mascot? I always feared copyright issues with situations such as that.

She has already lost one set of chips (which she will deny until her last breath).

These chips each have the same blue running through them. Think it's close to Carolina Blue?

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/matsui-528-chip-tourney-set-200.59813/

E2762B82-075E-4DB8-A171-7C2FEDADE0C2 (1).jpeg

Screenshot_20200816-211448_Chrome.jpg

A sincere thank you to everyone that posted options and opportunities here, as well as those that reached out to me directly. I decided to take Paz up on his very generous offer for my daughter, but I truly appreciate all other offers as well. For at least the evening, my faith in humanity has been temporarily restored.

Stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom