Tournament Set... Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

RudysNYC

Flush
Reaction score
Long story short I bought a bunch of spirit mold CCs to use as a cheap tournament set. I know they aren't the cream of the crop, but they're super cost-effective and I actually kinda like the look/feel. Sue me :D

Anyway, mocked up some inlays I think I'm going to have made up. Obviously if I'm buying CCs I'm not on the CPC budget, but I used the Design Tool to get an idea of what I can expect. Thoughts and criticisms very welcome and appreciated.
TourneyLineUpTry2.png

EDIT: picture kinda sucks, here's the Design Tool link http://pokerchipdesigntool.com/?imp_sets=w66SFk10

Last edited:
If we're just critiquing labels - I think the ring of white should be changed to the color of the chip, or at least flattened a bit to be less stark of a contrast with the rest of the chip. I think the text is going to also be a little too small to read, so larger text or better visibility would help. The 500 text is not readable on my laptop screen due to the font size + outline colors.

I generally don't like a photograph on a chip... that said, I think you picked great photos. Feels almost like a PNY tribute. I think it might look even better if the whole label was the photo, but then you run into more readability issues unless you can figure out a good way to make those letters pop.

If we're just critiquing labels - I think the ring of white should be changed to the color of the chip, or at least flattened a bit to be less stark of a contrast with the rest of the chip. I think the text is going to also be a little too small to read, so larger text or better visibility would help. The 500 text is not readable on my laptop screen due to the font size + outline colors.

I generally don't like a photograph on a chip... that said, I think you picked great photos. Feels almost like a PNY tribute. I think it might look even better if the whole label was the photo, but then you run into more readability issues unless you can figure out a good way to make those letters pop.
Thanks friend, the PNY definitely was an inspiration. Middle of the night I had the same realization about the text, going to tweak it accordingly because you're 100% right readability is going to be an issue. Thanks for the input.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom