Tournament Director Software (1 Viewer)

bsdunbar1

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Everything Tournament Director Software -

There are several different threads relating to specific Tournament Director Software (TD) issues and questions, I would like create 1 place for everything to be shared/viewed/referred/etc. instead of searching many different threads for the topic at hand.
1 consoludated thread would be a great resource for new users to bookmark/follow also

Last edited:
Here is my question to start -
For all of you who use TD to manage your league, how do you share weekly & season results/date/stats with your players?
Forever I have kept a separate Excel sheet that managed everything we want to look at/share. Every week I copy all that data to a Google Sheet shared on a Google Drive and then my players could always see the results from every week and the cumulative standings for all the data any time they want, but it is 100% manual to recreate this.

TD keeps track of 95% of what I want to track, maybe more once I figure it out.
But I don't know an easy way to share that with the league members. You can export a csv, or html file, but how do you guys share that exported data?
Does anyone export to any of the defaults in the system? (StatsGenie/PokerDIY/etc)

I don't do a league so there are less stats, I but simply export the summary/recap to html, then "print" that as a PDF and attached it to an email (could also be uploaded to google drive). I used to have a simple website for my group so I'd drop the exported TD HTML file onto the site and link to it, but I discontinued the site about a year ago.

Looks like this:
1578662183396.png

1578662280568.png

I don't do a league so there are less stats, I but simply export the summary/recap to html, then "print" that as a PDF and attached it to an email (could also be uploaded to google drive). I used to have a simple website for my group so I'd drop the exported TD HTML file onto the site and link to it, but I discontinued the site about a year ago.

Looks like this:
View attachment 390160

View attachment 390163

Newby question (but I don't have my laptop with me that has the TD software) does that summary export include all the data you have listed here or is this from multiple exports merged together manually by you?

Newby question (but I don't have my laptop with me that has the TD software) does that summary export include all the data you have listed here or is this from multiple exports merged together manually by you?

These are both canned exports from TD. My laptop is at home, but I believe first one comes from clicking the "export" button on the main game tab, the other comes from the export on the summary tab. I think both reports allow you to pick and choose items to include, but it's been a while since I've changed anything. Note I'm also running the previous version of TD, so you may have some more options in the newer version.

I've got a tourney tonight, so I'll double check and confirm.

The TD software has two places to export. First is the players tab - this is where I export my game results. Then the stats tab - this is where I exporty season data. I then drop the rankings and the lastest game results into a word doc and save it as a PDF. I communicate the league via email and a Facebook group page. I'll post examples when I'm at my PC.

Also the final version of beta is released so if you're aren't using it - you should be.

Another newby question @CraigT78
Does TD keep track of your raked $$ to be paid out to your end of season TOC?
For our season end TOC our raked $$ is paid out to the top 4 TOC finishers at a rate of 42%/27%/18%/13% of the total rake.
I would imagine everyone's payouts are different so I didn't expect it would manage it.

My current season ends next week so I would like to try and have TD manage everything with the next season that starts after the TOC is completed. This give me a couple of weeks to figure it all out, but I haven't messed around with the stats exports for a "season" yet.

Another newby question @CraigT78
Does TD keep track of your raked $$ to be paid out to your end of season TOC?
For our season end TOC our raked $$ is paid out to the top 4 TOC finishers at a rate of 42%/27%/18%/13% of the total rake.
I would imagine everyone's payouts are different so I didn't expect it would manage it.

My current season ends next week so I would like to try and have TD manage everything with the next season that starts after the TOC is completed. This give me a couple of weeks to figure it all out, but I haven't messed around with the stats exports for a "season" yet.
Short answer - no.

Long answer - yes. I put my rake in the software $150/game plus $20/entry. If you were raking ONLY a TOC take all season, you could theoretically use a total season take value as the TOC free roll money. I can't as I take the hospitality take, the TOC take, and the POY take. This would be a good candidate for a feature request, and Cory would probably be receptive to it.

To have it calculate, you'd save a template of prizes called TOC and enter your percentages. Then when you build your TOC would create a zero $ buy in and then as whatever your total rake was as House contribution. Easy peasy.

I am currently running the trial version. Are there restrictions on that version. I was looking at running a bounty BB ante tourney but it looks like for the initial buy-bounty is disabled and I can't get the ante to show up on the layout screen. Just wondering if I buy the full version of TD if these functions will pop up. Thanks for any help.

I am currently running the trial version. Are there restrictions on that version. I was looking at running a bounty BB ante tourney but it looks like for the initial buy-bounty is disabled and I can't get the ante to show up on the layout screen. Just wondering if I buy the full version of TD if these functions will pop up. Thanks for any help.
I do not know of any restrictions with the trial. I have the full version and can run all of what you are requesting.

For bounties - make sure the use player bounties is checked, and that you have the bounty cost entered in your buy-in cost.

1580154810981.png

1580154827075.png

For the ante - you need to define it in your levels:
1580154894193.png

and make sure it is added to your layout:

1580154938628.png

Note - mine is struck out, as my format does not have a value for ante. If you start an ante in round 5 - it will not display until the value is greater than zero.

You can test the view for a specific round here:
1580155018939.png

1580155063704.png

Hope this helps.

I have a quick question for you TD experts. I just downloaded it and I'm setting things up for my first tournament Monday using it. I want to collect buy ins from everyone, then once everyone is added randomly seat everyone at the tables. How do I go about doing that. I've added all the people to my tournament and the only way I can find is to seat them one at a time. Is there not a button to seat all or am I just missing it. Thanks!

Also @bsdunbar1 how do I add in the sound files in the link that you posted?

Last edited:
If your players are unseated, there is a randomize seating button on the tables screen.

I can take a screenshot or walk you through it tomorrow when I have access to my PC

If your players are unseated, there is a randomize seating button on the tables screen.
For some reason it's greyed out on mine. I'm doing test runs, bought in 20 players but didn't seat them, then when I went to randomize the seating it was greyed out.

For some reason it's greyed out on mine. I'm doing test runs, bought in 20 players but didn't seat them, then when I went to randomize the seating it was greyed out.
Are the players bought in?

Maybe you need to seat players, click the top box so it selects all, then hit the random button.

Tried again and its still not letting me randomize the seating. I can do them one at a time but not all at once.
20200222_185618.jpg

20200222_185623.jpg

That's strange. I'll check my software tomorrow and post the steps I use. I know I seat all at one like you are trying to do.

Ok...after a few hours of trial and error (lots of error) I've got my sound files set up, I've got all my other things lined up. There's one thing that I can't seem to fix though. On the seating screen it lists players by their first name. I have several players with the same first name, and several players with the same last name. Is there anyway to list players on the seating screen by both their first and last names?

Ok...after a few hours of trial and error (lots of error) I've got my sound files set up, I've got all my other things lined up. There's one thing that I can't seem to fix though. On the seating screen it lists players by their first name. I have several players with the same first name, and several players with the same last name. Is there anyway to list players on the seating screen by both their first and last names?

Try this
On the players tab click preferences, edit columns and then make sure "NAME" is on the left side.

1582482397193.png

1582482451209.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom