Totally new at labeling chips, how does it work? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hi Guys, pretty much new at PCF.
I want to order some blank Royal chips from Apache but not sure if I want to label them or some to do it (like Gears, based on what I have read so far) what to do.

some questions I have:
- Do I have to send the chips physically to Gears?
- Does Gear sends the chips when he finishes, or
- does Gear sends the labels and I do the job myself?

how does the process works? or what are the alternatives?
thank you guys!!!

Hi & Welcome.

All your questions (and morcan be answered thru the many faq threads in Gear’s vender page.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/forums/gear-labels.48/
Chrismurda, I actually went thru it but I was not able to read if they send you the stickers and you paste them on your own or you send them the chips. It might be a stupid question tho, I'm very new at this.

Also, I noticed Gears website is under repair, do you happen to have their e-mail or Phone number?

thanks!

You do have 2 options:
- send your chips and have Gear do it all (pricer option)
- or the easier & cheaper option of ordering the labels and applying them on yourself.

i’ve ordered thousands of labels thru gear and had no trouble applying the stickers on any of my chips.

Welcome to PCF!

You’ll order your own chips and have them sent to you. You’ll send @Gear your design and he’ll print and cut the labels for you. Once ready, he’ll send you your labels. Then, you get to work applying your labels to your chips.

You can contact @Gear through PM here on the forum.

Gear makes great custom labels. You email (or PM) Gear and get him your design. He then ships the labels (stickers) to you in an envelope. No need to ship chips, as that just gets expensive, and risks broken chips.

If you needed chips milled, that is different, but for Royals, it's simple (and Gear already knows the dimensions). Applying the labels is simple enough a 5 year old could do it.

You do have 2 options:
- send your chips and have Gear do it all (pricer option)
- or the easier & cheaper option of ordering the labels and applying them on yourself.

i’ve ordered thousands of labels thru gear and had no trouble applying the stickers on any of my chips.
great explanation Chris! Thanks a bunch!

Gear makes great custom labels. You email (or PM) Gear and get him your design. He then ships the labels (stickers) to you in an envelope. No need to ship chips, as that just gets expensive, and risks broken chips.

If you needed chips milled, that is different, but for Royals, it's simple (and Gear already knows the dimensions). Applying the labels is simple enough a 5 year old could do it.
Thank you man, I appreciate your time to reply!

The only time you need to send your chips in is if they need to be milled, and the only time that milling is really required is if you are trying to label over Hot Stamped chips (the rough edges will show through the labels).

Gear can be quite backed up at times. ABC can also do labels, so if time is of concern, then they are an option.

Applying labels is easy. To give the labels the best chance of being centered and with good contact, I made a post a couple weeks ago on my process:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/labeling-done-right.76132/

you could just peel and stick with your fingers...but that’s too easy! :wtf:
what an awesome tutorial man! thanks a bunch!!

The only time you need to send your chips in is if they need to be milled, and the only time that milling is really required is if you are trying to label over Hot Stamped chips (the rough edges will show through the labels).

Gear can be quite backed up at times. ABC can also do labels, so if time is of concern, then they are an option.
that makes a lot of sense man, thanks a bunch!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom